Help me choose my next Brikwars setting!

Also, butts.

Moderators: Blitzen, Almighty Benny, Falk

My next Brikwars Setting

Cityscape: Civil Service - Civil War
27%
Hellscape: Draft sinners for the glory of Satan!
73%

Total votes: 11

Flamer Shaftglutton
Hero

Help me choose my next Brikwars setting!

Post by Flamer Shaftglutton » Fri May 11, 2018 4:02 pm

I've got two ideas for my next Brikwars battle. Normally I do one at the end of June and one at New Year's, but something has come up and June's Brikwars may be my last for a while! I've been thinking about both of these ideas for a long time, but I don't know which one to go with. I am also open to suggestions to improve either scenario. The ideas:

Cityscape
A bustling city with hundreds of innocent bystanders and five angry public service factions: Firefighters, Cops, Sanitation, Bus Drivers, Post Office. All of them will have vehicles that compliment their craft, plus any cars they happen to swipe. I suspect this will just turn into a large game of Grand Theft Auto, but that's fine with me.

It'll be a sprawling battlefield using 12 large gray baseplates on a couple tables. Lots of buildings, streets, sidewalks, and literally hundreds of innocent figs going about their business. Probably an industrial area as well and definitely a park.

I may go the RTS-style route like I did in our last couple games, where you start with only a hero and one squad, then unlock more squads by killing bystanders.

Hellscape
A bunch of minifigs being tortured in the pits of Hell. Demons of all shapes and sizes torturing piles of figs as the five players battle it out.

This will probably be played on a small 4x4 ft table but with concentric rings rising up, Dante-style. No firm factions this time: instead I'll make a ton of squads/vehicles loosely based on the figs' sins and the 5 players will draft units. Some damnation-worthy sins include: Masturbators (Heavy Weapons squad), Lazy people (mechs?), Heavy-Metal Fans (Sonic blast weapons), MtG or D&D players, people who lied about their virginity, d a p p e r people, unbaptized babies, people who didn't close their eyes during Grace one time, people who didn't respect their parents, people who eat shrimp, etc. The more insignificant the sin the more I'll find it hilarious.

I think maybe players will be able to trade in skulls for Satan's favor (Bennies) or a ton of skulls for a demon.
motorhead fan wrote:I hope for more butt stuff in the future!
Duerer wrote:Jump onto the locust demon ahead of me and eat its ass for more power.

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Re: Help me choose my next Brikwars setting!

Post by BriksKrieg » Fri May 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Dang man, your making me chose which to go for? Both seem like they'd be sweet. . .
:omnom: :omnom:
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Fri May 11, 2018 10:25 pm

much as i love your huge sprawling fields, i gotta go for the hellscape. i want to see those hellish rings

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Sat May 12, 2018 12:22 am

Hellscape FTW. The mixed-fabric wearing and shellfish-eating heathens fighting against hardcore Satanic serial killers sounds awesome.
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Sun May 13, 2018 11:14 am

Assuming the Hellscape wins, I would like my faction(or an available one?) to be the Flat Worlders. They have a collection of really really really bad raps, and shooty bits to shoot stuff.
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Sun May 13, 2018 11:22 am

As I was going to say yesterday before the internet got turned off, why not combine the two? Hellcityscape?

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage
all I have is anthrax and rage

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon May 14, 2018 10:34 pm

THE MINIFIGS MUST SUFFER THE TORTURES OF THE DAMNED
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

Flamer Shaftglutton
Hero

Post by Flamer Shaftglutton » Sat May 26, 2018 6:26 pm

And Hell is the winner. Nine rings, ascending upwards, each with space to fight and a spooky scene related to the ring's sin. It's an inversion of Dante's Hell, more like his Paradiso or Purgatorio, but reaching up is easier than reaching down into a pit.

Figs are collecting skulls. Satan will sit atop the ninth ring, and will grant a Benny for each skull a fig brings him. If a fig dies he hands over a skull to his killer, using his own head if he has no spares. If he still has his head after that, he'll roll 2D4 and respawn on that ring. That makes ring 5 the most likely to respawn at, which just so happens to be Wrath.

The bones of the map are complete, at 80 bricks high and 104 bricks wide:

The table will be Limbo, the first "ring". Then the rest are literally rings, culminating with the small ring of Betrayal on top. A puny demon sits in for Satan right now. I now need to recolor the rainbow rings, fill in each ring to create the ground, then build a series of ramps in a spiral around the structure.
Duerer wrote:Jump onto the locust demon ahead of me and eat its ass for more power.

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Sat May 26, 2018 6:46 pm

yesssss

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sat May 26, 2018 6:46 pm

I think the correct response to this is ... LOL WTF !! :D

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Sat May 26, 2018 7:49 pm

Wowee
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat May 26, 2018 9:25 pm

This is the sort of awesomeness that reminds me of Stubby's Goatse Bunker battle.

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Sun May 27, 2018 4:51 am

Is this a forum battle? if it isn't, could you at least do a battle report?

Flamer Shaftglutton
Hero

Post by Flamer Shaftglutton » Sun May 27, 2018 9:14 am

It's not a forum battle, but I will be posting a battle report. I play Brikwars twice each year with the same group of 4 other people, so it's always 5 firm factions.

However, it does feel different this time. The battlefield won't get as torn up as usual, and people will be drafting units. So there's no reason it has to be limited to 5 players, and could even go up to a 30 player battle-royale with only a few units each. So a forum battle afterwards would be a great idea. I suspect someone is going to kill Satan in the non-forum battle, but I'm making him and the spooky scenes in LDD so they can be easily recreated.

So keep your eyes peeled in early July for sign-ups. I'll even make a few Flat-Earthers for StalinsFavoriteKhat.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Sun May 27, 2018 10:38 am

Awesome, sounds like fun! Definitely would be a waste not to use the battlefield more than once.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.