My Large Tank

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

My Large Tank

Postby Diamondsword901 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:02 am

The VLT, or very large tank, is a tank/nuclear missile silo/mobile command center.

Properties:
Length- 24 in
Size rating- 5
Speed- 6 in

Armor:
1x Shield generator
1x Full armor plating

Arments:
1x Napalm Nuke- Size 37
1x Nuke- Size 37
1x Double barrel cannon
4x Double barrel napalm autogun
1x Triple barral autogun
6x Napalm blastgun

Main Body:
Image

Turret:
Image

Shells:
Image
Image

Napalm Blastguns:
Image

Napalm Autoguns/Saws:
Image
Image

Nuclear missile silos:
Image
Image
Image

Nuclear missile:
Image

The Bridge, in between the nukes
Image

The troops, with the triple barrel autogun
Image

The shield generator:
Image

This tank was largely inspired by the M:Throne empire Hyperion.
TROLOLO
Diamondsword901
Nice Dubs
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:03 pm
Location: Menomonie, WI

Re: My Large Tank

Postby Diamondsword901 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:09 am

Sorry about the backdrop some of the photos, I had to take pictures fast before school
TROLOLO
Diamondsword901
Nice Dubs
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:03 pm
Location: Menomonie, WI

Re: My Large Tank

Postby ninja_bait » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:23 am

Wow, I like this tank.  Nice solid shape, interesting things going on inside.  I assume you haven't played a game with it yet, but you may find that the giant explosives are unwieldy at best.

My small suggestion is to put a "1x2 with technic pin hole" on the end of each of the turret barrels.
I make spaceships and spaceship accessories.
User avatar
ninja_bait
Nice TRIPS
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Now I'm in New York, making bacon pancakes

Re: My Large Tank

Postby Diamondsword901 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:19 pm

ninja_bait wrote:Wow, I like this tank.  Nice solid shape, interesting things going on inside.  I assume you haven't played a game with it yet, but you may find that the giant explosives are unwieldy at best.

My small suggestion is to put a "1x2 with technic pin hole" on the end of each of the turret barrels.

What do you mean by Unwieldy?
TROLOLO
Diamondsword901
Nice Dubs
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:03 pm
Location: Menomonie, WI

Re: My Large Tank

Postby bann154 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:39 pm

Diamondsword901 wrote:
ninja_bait wrote:Wow, I like this tank.  Nice solid shape, interesting things going on inside.  I assume you haven't played a game with it yet, but you may find that the giant explosives are unwieldy at best.

My small suggestion is to put a "1x2 with technic pin hole" on the end of each of the turret barrels.

What do you mean by Unwieldy?

Their use. A size 37 missile has a use of 72. Making it reaaaaaally hard to hit your target and it would take ages to actually fire it.
Nice tank though it looks pretty  :666:
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
User avatar
bann154
bann is the mann
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Canada Eh?

Re: My Large Tank

Postby Diamondsword901 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:46 pm

bann154 wrote:
Diamondsword901 wrote:
ninja_bait wrote:Wow, I like this tank.  Nice solid shape, interesting things going on inside.  I assume you haven't played a game with it yet, but you may find that the giant explosives are unwieldy at best.

My small suggestion is to put a "1x2 with technic pin hole" on the end of each of the turret barrels.

What do you mean by Unwieldy?

Their use. A size 37 missile has a use of 72. Making it reaaaaaally hard to hit your target and it would take ages to actually fire it.
Nice tank though it looks pretty  :666:

Not if I aim it at the ground on a paying field with a surface area of 1000 inches, because I would get a +500 bonus
TROLOLO
Diamondsword901
Nice Dubs
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:03 pm
Location: Menomonie, WI

Re: My Large Tank

Postby ninja_bait » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Let me tell you about spaceships.  Flying targets, even big ones, are a lot harder to hit than that.

You should try it and see what happens.  In my opinion, reallocating the parts to a giant gun or more, smaller explosives makes for a more enjoyable experience for the players.
I make spaceships and spaceship accessories.
User avatar
ninja_bait
Nice TRIPS
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Now I'm in New York, making bacon pancakes

Re: My Large Tank

Postby Diamondsword901 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:01 pm

What about cluster bombs?
TROLOLO
Diamondsword901
Nice Dubs
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:03 pm
Location: Menomonie, WI

Re: My Large Tank

Postby ninja_bait » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:04 pm

Diamondsword901 wrote:What about cluster bombs?


I haven't fooled with such a thing, but I imagine it's better against multiple small targets over a single large target.
I make spaceships and spaceship accessories.
User avatar
ninja_bait
Nice TRIPS
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Now I'm in New York, making bacon pancakes

Re: My Large Tank

Postby Diamondsword901 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:23 pm

Just wondering, what missile load out would be effective?
TROLOLO
Diamondsword901
Nice Dubs
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:03 pm
Location: Menomonie, WI

Re: My Large Tank

Postby ninja_bait » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:29 pm

On my big stuff, I use 7's, 9's, and 4's.  But your experience may vary.  Too small, and you won't dent the enemy.  Too big, and the explosive becomes a more valuable target than the vehicle it's on.
I make spaceships and spaceship accessories.
User avatar
ninja_bait
Nice TRIPS
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Now I'm in New York, making bacon pancakes

Re: My Large Tank

Postby TheVengefulOne » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:34 am

Man, this is  :666:. My advice now is to start working on color blocking and shaping using slopes and tiles.
RedRover wrote:Everything's better without pants.

My Factions, Cameo Forces, and Other Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/
User avatar
TheVengefulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 1:46 pm
Location: Listening to Metal \m/

Re: My Large Tank

Postby dilanski » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:30 am

bann154 wrote:Their use. A size 37 missile has a use of 72. Making it reaaaaaally hard to hit your target and it would take ages to actually fire it.


Not to mention the 3 and a half metre diameter explosion. Resolving damage from large explosives is an easy way to kill the mood of a game.

Don't get me wrong though, it's fucking awesome.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED
User avatar
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:41 am
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & FUCK THE DUP

Re: My Large Tank

Postby stubby » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:39 am

Diamondsword901 wrote:Not if I aim it at the ground on a playing field with a surface area of 1000 inches, because I would get a +500 bonus

Yes, but if you take the +500 to hit anywhere on a 1000" target, your opponent gets to pick anywhere on the 1000" target for you to hit. Even with a 74" radius it's going to be pretty easy to pick a spot that doesn't have any of their own forces on it.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 4978
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: My Large Tank

Postby Diamondsword901 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:52 am

I am working on many smaller explosives now
TROLOLO
Diamondsword901
Nice Dubs
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:03 pm
Location: Menomonie, WI

Next

Return to The Armoury

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Imic, RedRover and 2 guests