Av4l4nChE's Creations

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Re: Av4l4nChE's Creations

Post by Av4l4nChE » Sat May 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Ok, back on summer break. Here's what I cooked up the first day back. I like to call it, "Vengeful Gotham" or something cool like that. Fun fact: this is the first Batman-inspired creation I've done, and was pretty difficult to replicate in terms of minifigs since the only Batman minifig I have is the Glam Metal Batman collectible figure.

Overwatch shot.

Mr. Freeze turns a random security guard into an ice cube under the hazy glow of a Gotham City streetlamp amidst the piles of rotting trash.

The legendary Caped Crusader looks out on the urban hellscape.

A glimpse of the interior of the building.

A pair of thieves break into the museum to steal the prized statue, broken glass crunching under their feet. A security camera watches it all (not pictured).

Robin is kicking butt on the top floor as he disrupts an arms deal. He's already got three thugs in the bag, and number four isn't much longer for this world, SMG or no.

A side view of the back so you all can see the dope gargoyle head I made. I had to make a gargoyle head, because Gotham City. Also, the security camera is barely visible on the left.

Hope you all like it! Not the greatest pictures, I'll admit. It's difficult to capture it properly, but trust me, it's pretty decent (for the first Batman themed creation of mine ever.)
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Sat May 05, 2018 2:49 pm

Neat, it reminds me of that time in the 90s when Jean-Paul Valley took over as Batman and wore an armored suit (God I sound like a nerd).
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Sat May 05, 2018 6:08 pm

Sounds dope! I really drew from the LEGO Batman video game (the original) for inspiration for this. However, what you described sounds worthy of imitation for sure.
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Sat May 19, 2018 10:35 am

I love this creation because of the ruins. I love ruins, but I've never attempted them on such a large scale before (usually just a bit of piled rock or splintered wood here and there).

Overwatch: A disabled Republic Fighter Tank idles among ancient ruins as the clone mechanic tries desperately to patch it up. His brothers fend off a vicious attack of Assassin Droids and a bounty hunter. General Aayla Secura faces off against the bounty hunter in the center of it all.

A close-up of the two leaders fighting. The picture looked fine when I took it but now it decided to reveal that it was a blurry piece of crap. Sorry about that.

A pic of the scene without Star Wars elements. I love ruins.

All for now!
-Kal Skirata

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sat May 19, 2018 4:16 pm

the ruins are lovely, the star wars stuff almsot spoils it
Image Image

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Sat May 19, 2018 6:37 pm

AnnoyedZebra wrote:the ruins are lovely, the star wars stuff almsot spoils it
As much as I love Star Wars, I have to agree with you. I mostly put them in to make it more busy, because scenes with lots of stuff going on is my main thing.
-Kal Skirata

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sun May 20, 2018 4:02 pm

I like star wars but I far prefer the aesthetics of the original set of films, sure its all ridiculous garbage but somehow it feels like ridiculous garbage that makes sense? idk. prequels stuff just screams ridiculous garbage and not much else... I do like those little walkers that the guys sit on though, thsoe are cute
Image Image

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:37 am

Back again with a couple new things! This started out as a project with me and my sisters, and ended with me having done a good 92% of it, but that's ok. It's comprised of two different builds, a city block soon after the zombie outbreak, and a "survivor base" kind of thing. It was originally going to be one large scene, but my multiple attempts to bridge the city and the survivor enclave just detracted from the feel of the build, so I decided to keep them separate.
PS: I have no idea why some of these pictures look yellow. I took them all at the same time. Maybe my phone's camera doesn't like so much green. Anyway...

An overall shot of the city block.

A group of foragers tries to save a father and daughter by lowering a rope. One of the survivors takes a zombie's head off with a well placed shot (zombie not pictured here).

The aforementioned zombie. Also on the right corner, a survivor is too busy trying to loot the containers, and is about to get what he deserves. We all know this guy. He's the annoying, cowardly know-it-all that loves to second guess the leader at every turn, then gets himself killed by being a self-centered jerk one time too many. And it looks like this guy is about to jerk his last. :twisted:

A survivor boi is about to fall from the makeshift structure on top of the gas station. His friend rushes to save him as the zombies cluster eagerly, fetid hands groping...

A front shot of the gas station.

A shot of the burning motorcycle.

And now, on to the second part: the survivor base!

Overwatch. This one's a bit blurry, sorry...

A survivor tends the firepit where zombie bodies are burned. Little does he know, a zombie is sneaking up behind him. Little does the zombie know, the rugged survival expert and his hounds are sneaking up behind him! It's sneakception!

A shot of the front gate (open).

A shot of the gate closed.

The domestic quarters. Protected by a gate (just in case), the domestic quarters is comprised of a bunch of sleeping bags on palettes. A survivor mans the food distribution table.

A shot from the other side. There's also a small toilet tucked into the corner of the compound.

One of the infamous "yellow pictures". A shot of the middle of the compound. Top left: the oil and gas storage, with a few large drums, smaller drums, little oil cans, and a backup generator. Nestled next to that is one of the compound's two gardens. Under the gas storage, a pair of children play with Nerf-inspired toy guns. To the right of the children lies the compound's well.

The generator room. Pretty straightforward.

First shot of the medical center. A med table with all those sticky-outy-medical-things is in one corner, with a an IV bag and all that medical stuff.

Medical center from the other side.

First shot of the armory. They're well equipped. Body armor, and NVG helmet, and a rocket launcher, not to mention TnT, various small arms and melee weapons, and chainsaws. Because it's a zombie apocalypse. Chainsaws must be used.

Better and best shots of the armory, respectively.

A shot of the compound that shows the graves that have been dug for those who didn't survive for quite so long.

The scaffolding that encloses the survivors' tricked out ride. Mounted .50 on the far end. It's difficult to tell, but on the bottom left (just next to the boy with the Nerf gun) there are a pair of ladders that scale both sides of the wall for a quick evac, hence the railing next to the playing kids. To facilitate a quicker evacuation. Good thing zombies can't climb!

A couple of shots of the survivors' ride. If any of you recognize the camper set from way back when, you'll know that it has received a severe upgrade.

Anyway, that's it for now! This build has been in progress for for roughly 4-5 weeks, but mostly just because I was lacking inspiration to build it. I think it turned out pretty well. I had always wanted to build a apocalyptic city block. It looks good, but I think it could do with a bit more of entropy's effects. Hope you all enjoy!
-Kal Skirata

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:36 am

Please tell me you’re doing a battle with this.

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:41 pm

Kommander Ken wrote:Please tell me you’re doing a battle with this.
I wish, but I don't have time to give it proper attention. Cool that a Brikwarrior with battles as awesome as yours likes it though! Loved reading your Frostborne battles in the forums back in the day!
-Kal Skirata

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:38 am

love that survivor base

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Av4l4nChE wrote: I wish, but I don't have time to give it proper attention. Cool that a Brikwarrior with battles as awesome as yours likes it though! Loved reading your Frostborne battles in the forums back in the day!
Aw man. I'm glad you liked them friend! Hope to get back to my roots soon enough.

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:42 pm

sahasrahla wrote:love that survivor base
Thanks! It was very interesting for me in that I'd never made a structure that wasn't just a normal square or rectangular shape. My favorite the medical bay/armory section. And the sleeping bags were fun to make as well.
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:27 pm

I was going to make a big "space races" themed creation in the tone of that series of stopmotion videos that were created for the Space Police line a few years back. I started by making a variety of bots to intermingle with normal figs, but then college started back up. I figured I would at least pay homage by posting the bots.

A confection-serving bot, to serve treats during the space races.

The Baron-Bot.

Pit Crew Bot.

Burly Engineer Bot.

Combat Bot.

The bot that started it all. I wanted it to resemble a turtle. Its function ended up being 'flag carrier bot'. To carry flags pre-race.
-Kal Skirata

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:38 pm

Nice lil menagerie
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.