Games

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Games

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:59 pm

as if there aren't enough forums about videogames on the interwebs already. talk about games (computer, console or board) that aren't brikwars here.

i am personally in love with company of heroes and the orange box games (currently a tie between team fortress 2 and portal).
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby DarkWolf » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:02 pm

Right now I'm addicted to Warhawk (first MMO for a console, and a PS3 exclusive no less!) and Halo 3, but I've stopped there for a short while, A) I don't have XBL, and B) I'm on one of the flood levels and I've run out of ammo (not a spoiler because you'd have to be an idiot not to expect Flood in the final Halo game) so I'm down to meleeing these huge arsed bastards that can kill me in one hit :/
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto
DarkWolf
Minifig

Postby Almighty Benny » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:03 am

got a Wii for Yule so I've been playing Super Mario. It's pretty fun but I don't play that many video games (believe it, brother)
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Moronstudios » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:02 am

Warhammers nice, It's just hard to get a game of fantasy here. Gmod is fun,as well as the half life two stuff.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby Olothontor » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:22 am

I'm currently beating God Of War II (I got it for Saturnalia). Now that is the most violent game I have seen in my life. It's extremely fun to run around pulling people in half with your bare hands and then beating up his buddies with the top half.

I'm also very into the Ratchet and Clank series (So want future tools of destruction!!)

I like the armored core series alot (I also so want Armored Core 4!!!)

I enjoy online gaming and downloads too (such as Gridwars, N-Game, Call of Combat, Stick Arena, Smileys War, bla, bla-bla, bla bla, blabla...)_
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby Evil Wayne » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:53 pm

Olothontor wrote:I'm currently beating God Of War II (I got it for Saturnalia). Now that is the most violent game I have seen in my life.

Have you ever seen Carmageddon or even Postal? Both of which are on the all time high for violence scale. In Carmageddon, you have to run over pedestrians to add time to the race clock (sort of Death Race 2000: The Video Game). Lot of blood and gore as you ran down people running and screaming from the racers.

Yeah, I know, none of you whiper-snappers know what I'm talking about.

I'm currently playing Far Cry, which--to a lesser degree--has that same action-hero feeling as Half-Life.
Evil Wayne
Champion
Champion

Postby Olothontor » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:37 pm

How could you diss me like that? Of course I know what Death Race 2000 is! I haven't seen it, but my parents gave good enough descriptions that I really don't think I want to...
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:29 pm

Olothontor wrote: I like the armored core series alot (I also so want Armored Core 4!!!)

ah! a fellow raven. i have the demo to AC4, but haven't gotten around to playing it. my neighbor also has it, but i don't hang out with him much anymore. then again, i kindof got sick of it after nexus.

and god of war is really just more excessively gory than it is violent. if we're giving the most violent game award, even mortal kombat II ranks higher than god of war. however for most excessively gory? Turok 2 and Soldier of Fortune are about the only ones that i think come close.

EDIT: how could i possibly forget rockband as one of my favorite games? the way i see it, it's basically guitar hero for people who have friends. anyways, rockband is amazing. play it.
IVhorseman

Postby DarkWolf » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:55 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Olothontor wrote: I like the armored core series alot (I also so want Armored Core 4!!!)

ah! a fellow raven. i have the demo to AC4, but haven't gotten around to playing it. my neighbor also has it, but i don't hang out with him much anymore. then again, i kindof got sick of it after nexus.

Oh sweet, more Ravens in here. This gives me reason to suggest that we form some sort of standardization for Armored Kores (had to Brikatize it somehow) then use them in combat. I'm still trying to figure out how to set up a pair of front jointed biped legs (I've only mastered reverse-joint so far) without the whole damn mek tipping over.

Also, Nexus was sweet, and sadly it was kind of a final fairwell to the original gameplay of the Armored Core series, and no, I don't count Nine Breaker because that's just another filler game, and as far as I'm concerned, it and 2: Another Age are expansion packs to Nexus and 2 (if you've never played the Armored Core series, get a PS2 (dirt cheap now) and rent a copy of Armored Core 2, or buy it at Gamestop, it'll be like $5.00 it's so old now) Last Raven didn't feel like the other games, and AC4 is a whole new world combining Armored Core and Chrome Hounds (now that I've got a 360 I need to get it)
And no, Chrome Hounds does not suck because Sega produced it, because Sega didn't produce it. From Software made it, and the Armored Core games, they're just using Sega to translate and sell it in the US instead of Agetec.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto
DarkWolf
Minifig

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:15 am

please, it was all about the hover legs. bipeds are for quitters!
IVhorseman

Postby OJClock » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:08 am

lego racers, lego star wars, and loco roco/patapon

I am childish in my gameplaying although I've gone through manhunt 2
TROLOLO
OJClock
Battlefield General

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:11 pm

Right now, Assassins Creed, Contact, Bioshock, Suikoden and Final Fantasy Tactics
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Jemulov » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:49 pm

Anyone ever play Lego Island and Lego Rock Raiders?

I spent sooooo many hours on them. I wish I could find my Island disk though... :(
Space for rent.
Jemulov
Champion
Champion

Postby Egor_Redcloak » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:09 pm

Moronstudios wrote:Warhammers nice, It's just hard to get a game of fantasy here. Gmod is fun,as well as the half life two stuff.

40k is way more fun, plus the Skaven are non-existent in it (well they are now)
Egor_Redcloak
Battlefield General

Postby Moronstudios » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:43 pm

What is wrong with skaven, I play skaven.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Next

Return to Lesser Games