Depths of Darkness (Round 3)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Depths of Darkness (Round 3)

Post by Bragallot » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:58 pm

Garth manages to get a strike in before the assassin can react. He tries to tear her head off, but the damage roll is really poor.

He then tries to get her with his regular attack, but she does a backflip (bails)...

... and lands deftly on her feet, making a mocking gesture at the knight.

Garth doggedly gives chase, but is out of actions to attack with. The dark elf holds off on attacking even as he walks into range.

Xalen wreathes himself in flames.

"You first," he says, lashing out at the nearest bloodbinder...

She tries to bail, but doesn't jump far enough, and Xalen makes a particularly skillful strike that allows him to add range to his swing, impaling the bloodbinder in midair. The flames also jump to the other bloodbinders.

One shrieks as she is turned to ash, the other feels the flames only for a second before they go out. The bloodbinder sees little other options and makes a fateful choice to attack.

The first attack is as skillful as she could make it, but gets parried, the second is a critical failure.

"I can see why you have the undead fight your battles for you," Xalen says as he contemptuously decapitates the final bloodbinder, meaning he just killed all three in one turn. That'll do Xalen, that'll do.

The last assassin faces a dilemma. Run, and evoke a response that will probably kill her? Attack and fall to a counter? Wait and potentially get pincered? In the end she decides to throw her blade at Xalen, who she believes she can catch unaware.

Which she could've, if she didn't miss.

"Bad move," Xalen growls.

More dark elves appear behind him: a centurion (armoured with 1d8 skill and the armour piercing ability, but not the acrobatix) and two male assassins (same stats as the female ones).

"Great," Garth says, wondering how many more people he would have to kill before he could get to Phineus.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Bragallot

Re: Depths of Darkness (Round 3)

Post by Bragallot » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:15 pm

Mordra blesses her soldiers with fire damage and they slay one skeleton.

The Trogdor catches the Bitchy Witch in his jaws before she can finish raising the wight king.

And snaps her in half.

The jungle stalker strikes the nightmare catapult.

The damage roll is poor but the armour roll is even worse. The catapult is destroyed.

Voytek receives a woad elf's bow. He prefers good old Bull craftsmanship to this fancy elf handiwork, but figures it'll do for now and mutters a quick thanks.

Warbands spear a grave wraith and wound the horse.

Archers then shoot the other grave wraith, also damaging the chariot.

Nimra and the guardians rush towards Aelcar.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:26 pm

The Men-at-arms and Jorum manage to kill two skitterlings again. Two critically miss and hit the Poo, but he doesn't take damage thanks to a good armour roll.

Jorum then moves away from the front line.

The Great Mighty Poo takes a turn to regenerate his health.

Miranda takes careful aim, looking for a weak spot to exploit. I rolled for her normal attack at first, which was already pretty good (Over The Top), finding the weak spot would decrease the opposing armour roll.

Critical success! I decide to roll 1d6 against the spider's SP...

3! The spider's head comes off and its body trashes wildly as it dies.

Zahru sees the catapult is already down, so rushes the nearest target instead. The skeleton never stood a chance.

Using all he's got, he then throws his broadsword as well and draws his katana instead. The broadsword skewers a skeleton.

The Bull valkyrie successfully resurrects her query (again :lol: ), watched closely by the minotaur.

With the Bitchy Witch already dead, Voytek shoots at Aelcar instead. Aelcar blocks part of the attack with his energy shield, Voytek adds damage with his feat, and in the end the horse is hurt.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:35 pm

Ugh, I missed where Nimra was revived in round two... What's her heroic archetype? Can she climb that tree and spot incoming reinforcements?

The jungle stalker should attack Aelcar while the elves clean up the grave wraiths.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:53 pm

Two lesser and one greater skeleton (armed with the wight king's sword) swarm Mordra. She resists the first grab with an energy shield, then sees the sword coming and allows the second one, figuring her second energy shield will be enough to stop the attack.

Which it is not, due to an over the top action by the skeleton. Mordra is cut down.

Three more skeletons swarm the crossbowman, but he survives, somehow.

The remaining skeletons all swarm the Trogdor, but fail to harm him.

He counters by nomming up the greater skeleton that attacked him.

The grave wraith finally succeeds in hitting something (the previous round of combat between them wasn't pictured because nothing happened, FYI) and then manages to only roll a 3 for damage. The other one gets his attack parried. Wraiths, why do you suck so much? :why:

Skitterlings combine attacks and rip apart one of the warbands. Two remain in combat with TGMP, one gets crushed.

The nightmare pulling the (now empty) chariot runs onward, but wounded as it is, doesn't knock over the Great Mighty Poo and stops dead in its tracks.

Aelcar wisely puts some distance in between him and his approaching enemies.

After much deliberation, he tries to summon a swarm, but only manages to create 3 shadow scorpions. Not a whole lot.

"Don't get overconfident, this is only the first wave," Voytek says knowingly.

And sure enough, another host of undead arrives right after. (I had to enlarge the field to fit them, since the spaces I'd intended as spawning places are either blocked by defeated undead or expedition forces :lol: ). The army is preceded by a swarm of various vermin and the main body is formed by desert golems (basic minifig stats, 1 'hand weapon' each). Constructs created by Junatan and gifted to Phineus, they had come all the way from Kerrat to fight at the Black Citadel. There's 2 more grave wraiths, 3 Lost Souls (ghosts that may temporarily possess units if they fail a skill check and may only be damaged by magic), an undead giant and a spirit bear (the 'troll' and the 'yeti', both size 2 creatures with 1d8 skill, 6" move and 1d10 armour). On the left flank (from our perspective) is a Greater Desert Golem (same stats as the other Bayounikals, except with 2 size 1 weapons).

The host is led by Phineus' most deadly servant: Count Lightstalker, a winged vampire Hero (I'm still figuring out how to add some flavour and make him more unique, if you have suggestions for a good vampiric trait lmk. In the one battle he was in I allowed him to use a weaker attack that upon killing its target turned it into a ghoul, but I'm not sure if I wanna go for that again).

"I hope you're all warmed up by now. Warm blood is a delicacy!" the count shouts.

Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:55 pm

ninja_bait wrote:Ugh, I missed where Nimra was revived in round two... What's her heroic archetype? Can she climb that tree and spot incoming reinforcements?

The jungle stalker should attack Aelcar while the elves clean up the grave wraiths.
'general of the Woad Elves, she is a skilled warrior-huntress with control over animals and nature'
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:57 pm

Damn, I wonder how the Toa must feel like when being forced to slaughter each other.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:00 pm

Okay, Nimra raises thickets to slow down the new wave and provide cover for our archers.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:04 pm

Talking about oneshots!

The Poo goes where the action is hottest, towards the newly arrived enemy army, and bombards Aelcar and his scorps with poo-splosions along the way. Men at arms dispose of the remaining spiders, Jorum does the same while keeping his distance. If they manage to kill spiders this turn, the remaining soldiers with unspent actions go for the wraiths and nightmares. Miranda will go towards Trogdor and try to ricochet her arrow through several skeletons.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:10 pm

Duerer wrote:Damn, I wonder how the Toa must feel like when being forced to slaughter each other.
I HAVE NO BROTHAS
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:09 pm

Sir Garth uses his feat to punt the last female dark elf assassin into the blades of her newly arrived comrades, hopefully both killing her and encumbering them. If he fails at this he just stabs the shit out of her, if he suceeds he goes and stabs the shit out of one of the male dark elf assassins (can't be sexist now, stab and stab alike).

Suggestion for Lightstalker: All enemy units within 3 inches must roll a skill check. If they fail it, they suffer a fate worse than death itself: becoming a rabid Twilight fan. Honestly though, I liked his ability to turn people into ghouls.
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:20 pm

Duerer wrote:Damn, I wonder how the Toa must feel like when being forced to slaughter each other.
:mystery: :idc: :sparta:
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:36 pm

My forces continue to hold their ground fighting the enemies they are engaged with

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:01 am

Just waiting on Falk to send Xalen's orders.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:55 am

Ooops.

Jump down off the railing, creating a shock wave that knocks over the dark elves (feat). Then attack the armored guy.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page