BRRROOOOOOOTALLLZZZZZ
45%

Total votes: 31

baconquistador
Nice Dubs

Re: Ragnablok: The Official Thread

Post by baconquistador » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:39 pm

dilanski wrote:
Kastrenzo wrote:I've decided to get out early.
This is the sad part of Ragnablok. There's a certain Melancholia to ending a decades worth of storytelling. Sure Nehelenium has grown into this big unapproachable monster of years of discarded plotlines and abandoned ideas. But it's still been massive, and I don't think you can say it wasn't ambitious. It reminds me of the beloved episodic TV shows that kind of just ended when the ratings dropped. Sure they'd go out on a bang, and they likely didn't have even a seasons worth of fresh ideas in them, but it was still sad to see them go.

I'm worried there won't be a push to make something better afterwards.
Quantumsurfer wrote:Why does it need to be non-kanon? There's already a kanon reason why both "the end of the universe happens and is reborn anew" and "the universe continues on as it always has" can happen simultaneously. Trying to keep them separate is kind of a waste of time, in the end. These guys over here are part of Post-Ragnablok A, Those guys are Pre-Rangablok K, blahblahblah. The payoff isn't so much in the Reward for Completing an Apocalypse, it's in documenting the process of one of many Apocalypses.

Keep it simple. This is just one way in which the universe ends. Time and Space are broken in the BrikVerse anyway. In one moment, an Empire rises. In another, no one has ever heard of it.
Ah, the age-old truism... Why not both?
You know, this whole thing is about starting anew, a fresh take on BrikWars, but doing the same old shit anway with no intention of ever stopping. There's a massive dramatized countdown involved... and New Years isn't really too far off... :idea: To fill the apparent and justified need for story/action/glorious combat, wouldn't it be a better idea to treat each year like a season? Give the 365 days of Ossum we just had a name, maybe a theme song, then sacrifice it to the Ghost of BrikWars Past with a massive forum-inclusive shebang. Then you move on with your lives and do it all over again.
Ragnablock should absolutely happen, and yeah it's probably going to be at least slightly more significant than your average combat, but at the end of the day we're merely continuing a tradition of gratuitous violence and community fun.
Resumé: HAS BECOME CHAOS CHICKEN

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:12 pm

dilanski wrote:
Kastrenzo wrote:I've decided to get out early.
I'm worried there won't be a push to make something better afterwards.
Ever since the beginning, there have always been people who put out tons of storyline. Back when I first started, I was pumping out lots of content. Other guys in the new generation seem to be getting a good hold on creating new stories, and of course, there are those who have been here for a long time. I think that de-cluttering the universe a bit would be indeed quite sad and would be like losing a good friend. However:
I also think that we need another major push in production, and this fresh start might just make people come out of their lazy stupor and start being at least mildly productive (no offense, I'm guilty too). Overall, I think that what this game and this community needs is a fresh injection of new blood, new rivalries, just new. We can't just be stuck back in the old conflicts (not to say we should get rid of them at all) but we should be starting new ones. That's what I was trying to do back when I created the DRKNS alliance and planned to create another community-wide (or at least multi-member) conflict that would spur the creation of new storylines, models, and battles. We can't expect to ride the glory-wave of what Brikwars was forever: we have to do it ourselves.

how did you like my speech?
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:15 pm

I look forward to the day when Nehellennium is viewed the way the Ancients are in so many sci-fi universes. All the mysterious advanced civilizations who were abandoned by their Humans and faded into obscurity, but occasionally reappear in the form of lost ruins and mysterious artifacts and ghost ships.

Smashing the universe to tiny pieces once in awhile is good for everybody. I have no doubt that once the universe is shattered, all the active characters and factions will reappear in their own sphincter universes, now unhindered by the weight of a decade of other people's half-finished kanon, and that those sphincters will find improbable excuses to crash back into each other or not according to whatever best serves the next battle and the next and the next.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:23 pm

There goes gramps babbling on again, probs my off his meds

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:59 am

baconquistador wrote:and New Years isn't really too far off... To fill the apparent and justified need for story/action/glorious combat, wouldn't it be a better idea to treat each year like a season? Give the 365 days of Ossum we just had a name, maybe a theme song, then sacrifice it to the Ghost of BrikWars Past with a massive forum-inclusive shebang.
This is a fun idea. Ragnablok before the Rekon Kickoff.
Darkstorm wrote:We can't expect to ride the glory-wave of what Brikwars was forever: we have to do it ourselves.
Always true.
stubby wrote:I look forward to the day when Nehellennium is viewed the way the Ancients are in so many sci-fi universes.
All of this.

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:29 pm

Hmmm, younger me would hate now me for saying this, but Ok, I'm in.

Doot123
Champion
Champion

Post by Doot123 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:31 am

Great :studgod:

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:30 pm

So did anything actually happen, or is it just business as usual?
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:05 pm

dilanski wrote:So did anything actually happen, or is it just business as usual?
Things are happening
http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... _of_Events

It's a slow burn
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.