Uh, images of my first (sort of proper) Brikwars battle?

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Zupponn, Killer Karetsu, Moronstudios

Uh, images of my first (sort of proper) Brikwars battle?

Postby TheLEGObrick » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:50 pm

Note: I am aware that there are a lot of things done wrong so you don't need to notify me about them
Including but not necessarily limited to:
6. Making an extremely bad battlefield Okay I guess it's not too bad actually?
7. Using incorrect weapontypes for weapons
... Wait was that it? Oh well.

So, uh, here are some pictures of my first ever sort of properly done Brikwars battle.
(I have like over six hundred of them in total so I'll try not to... display all of them?)

"Prologue": I wanted to see how the fuck Brikwars works in practice so I slapped up a battlefield and stuck two teams of 15 minifigs onto it. The minifigs were literally completely randomized, I just did a blind draft pick by just picking them out of a container and then giving them pseudo-random weapons I had at hand. To keep things simple, all minifigs were just... normal minifigs with no special equipment or skills aside from just hand weapons.

The... absolutely terrible battlefield, with teams seated at both ends.

Red team

Yellow team

I rolled the dice to see which team takes initiative

Yellow team advances

Red team gets moving, rolling over 10 sprint rolls none of which failed

Yellow team continues advancing

Battlefield Overwatch

Red team moves forward some more (Sorry for not having a single proper Overwatch sort of picture)

Bel Lock takes position at the end of a pathway.

Another Overwatch?

Smilin' Guy with Chainsaw starts walking towards the other route to the enemy.

Bel Lock: "Ha you just entered my line of fir- FUCK goddamnit why does this path have to be too long"

Being extremely cocky, Bel Lock attacks despite not having enough range, and luckily gets an overskill, using it to extend the range of his attack.

Bel Lock attacks, but just slightly doesn't score lethal damage by rolling a four with his... handgun?

Smilin' Guy with Chainsaw attempts to retaliate but rolls a two, so his attack misses completely.

The rest of Yellow team continue moving

Sort-of-Officer moves in to take an offensive action against a hostile enemy.

He successfully attacks...

... but ends up dealing a ridiculous one point of damage.

Swashbuckler and Sunglass Diver Dude take positions for response fire.

Imperial Soldier does the same.

The rest of the team move forward once again...

Red teams turn.

Archer Soldier moves into position and opens fire at Smilin' Guy with Chainsaw (despite the fact that he is quite a bit Out of Range).

Unfourtunately for him, the Archer rolls a Critical Failure on his skill roll causing the crossbow to recoil without firing so that it knocks him out while also flying out of his hand.

A duo of riflemen move in to engage.

The first one manages to get a proper shot at Smilin' Guy with Chainsaw...

... but rolls a ridiculous one causing almost no harm to his target.

Next up Pilot Dude opens fire at the same target, Smilin' Guy with Chainsaw.

Except he rolls a two on his skill so the shot doesn't land on the target.

Smilin' Guy with Chainsaw: "I suppose I'm pretty lucky eh?"

Extremely pissed of about the his team sucking at shooting, Bel Lock moves closer to perform a proper ranged attack on Smilin' Guy with Chainsaw.

He proceeds to get good accuracy on his shot...

...but yet another one is rolled for the damage... (I swear these dice aren't rigged)

The rest of Red team move up

Fireman stays for response fire while Ms. Ninja moves forward.

Having waited ready, Sunglass Diver Dude opens fire at Ms. Ninja...

... but... yet, once again... rolls a one for the damage, after which Ms. Ninja opens fire at Sort-of-Officer.

Amazingly enough she manages to... not deal just one point of damage... However her three damage isn't enough to kill Sort-of-Officer.

(A bit late) Swashbuckler uses his response fire to shoot at Ms. Ninja but rolls a two so his attack misses.

A trio of Red teams dudes enter the house in the middle of the area through the back door.

Not-A-Wizard Guy also moves up.

Overviews anyone?

Red teams turn. Smilin' Guy with Chainsaw decides to attack Bel Lock.

However he rolls a Critical Failure so his gun jams and he needs to inspect it.

KABLAM! While looking down the barrel of his gun, Smilin' Guy with Chainsaw accidentally sets off his gun, decapitating himself...
(I don't remember if I just forgot to give First Blood Instant Benny or if I just didn't do it because it was a suicide essentially)

Seeing his lad shoot himself, Imperial Soldier moves in to attack Bel Lock.

Imperial Soldier: "What the hell is wrong with these guns goddamnit" (He inspects his gun after rolling a Critical Failure)

His gun also misfires, meaning another self-inflicted casualty for the Yellow team.

Bel Lock: "Well, at least they're getting fucked now, hehe..."

I think Construction Dude is a bit... shocked and/or worried after seeing two of his teammates shoot themselves in the face?

He gathers his courage and attempts an attack on Bel Lock.

The damage isn't lethal, but at least it's more than one

Indiana Blackbeard comes to aid Construction Dude.

He gets an Overskill and adds one dice to his damage, so it becomes a hefty six damage, instantly killing Bel Lock.

I almost just reached the character limit in this post this because the links are ridiculously long, so... I'll post this stuff now and then try continue it... soon-ish? Hopefully at least?
Last edited by TheLEGObrick on Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheLEGObrick
Champion
Champion

Re: Uh, images of my first (sort of proper) Brikwars battle?

Postby Arkbrik » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:45 am

Those critfails made me laugh. Good show so far!

:protip: Have a Hero on each side for the full BrikWars experience
Arkbrik
My Little Pony

Postby ninja_bait » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:53 am

Battle looks good so far!
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Postby TheLEGObrick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:29 am

Arkbrik wrote:Those critfails made me laugh. Good show so far!

:protip: Have a Hero on each side for the full BrikWars experience

I know, I just wanted to keep it simple, I'll try adding some for the next battle(s)

Also I just noticed that the images look absolutely huge on smaller monitors... I'll... uh... try to take slightly smaller pictures lol. If I remember correctly I took like literally the largest pictures my camera would allow which seemingly doesn't work here extremely well whoops
TheLEGObrick
Champion
Champion

Postby Tzan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:28 pm

Firefox auto resizes things to fit on screen I guess.
Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Postby Scribonius » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:47 pm

Actually, that looks like a perfect battlefield for a Brikwar. Lots of cover, lots of obstacles, indirect lines of fire, and sheer chaos! :twisted:

That said, two minifigs accidentally shooting themselves in the head? That many rolls of 1 for damage? Sounds like one of your minifigs had the Aura of Incompetence ability!  :warhead:

For those who do not know, the Aura of Incompetence causes all minifigures (or other players around the affected character if you're playing, say, D&D) to consistently roll badly on all skill/damage/attack attempts. The Aura will increase in size as time passes. Killing or retiring the affected minifig/character is the only way to stop the Aura. Until then, sit back and enjoy the fumbles!  :warhead:
Scribonius
Cannon Fodder

Postby TheLEGObrick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Scribonius wrote:Actually, that looks like a perfect battlefield for a Brikwar. Lots of cover, lots of obstacles, indirect lines of fire, and sheer chaos! :twisted:

That said, two minifigs accidentally shooting themselves in the head? That many rolls of 1 for damage? Sounds like one of your minifigs had the Aura of Incompetence ability!  :warhead:

For those who do not know, the Aura of Incompetence causes all minifigures (or other players around the affected character if you're playing, say, D&D) to consistently roll badly on all skill/damage/attack attempts. The Aura will increase in size as time passes. Killing or retiring the affected minifig/character is the only way to stop the Aura. Until then, sit back and enjoy the fumbles!  :warhead:

Heh yeah... I mean, for the battlefield, it's like, not that optimal due to the fact that there are just two chokepoints where everyone gets stuck in but I guess it could be worse, eh?  :D

Edit: Of the Aura of Incompetence, I suppose that like all of the minifigs had one :lol:
TheLEGObrick
Champion
Champion

Postby Darkstorm » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:17 pm

:protip:  :fudge:
i've tweaked damages for more fun, although the near-invincibility of minifigures on occasion is a hilarious and excellent addition to a battle.
In summary: don't be afraid to not follow the dice. However, just keep in mind that dicerolling often leads to funnier events happening (as did occur in this battle).

Pretty decent for a first round of Brikwars, I must say. I also agree with the inclusion of heroes, that rounds out the experience, along with the occasional vehicle or other monstrosity added here and there.  :tiger: Looking forward to the next one!
The craigness is coming... Craigstorm will rise! Craig to all who oppose us!
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
What craigs, but has no craig, yet craigs all that craigs?
Some say the answer is craig, but only few know the real Craig. Soon, all will craig. Craigstorm is coming. :warhead:
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby TheLEGObrick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Darkstorm wrote::protip:  :fudge:
i've tweaked damages for more fun, although the near-invincibility of minifigures on occasion is a hilarious and excellent addition to a battle.
In summary: don't be afraid to not follow the dice. However, just keep in mind that dicerolling often leads to funnier events happening (as did occur in this battle).

Pretty decent for a first round of Brikwars, I must say. I also agree with the inclusion of heroes, that rounds out the experience, along with the occasional vehicle or other monstrosity added here and there.  :tiger: Looking forward to the next one!

Yeah, just straight up doing what the dice show is the most reliable to make stuff ridiculous, in a good way.

Also I'm just about to post the second part of the battle (and then there will be another one because... the links are incredibly long)
TheLEGObrick
Champion
Champion

Postby TheLEGObrick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:31 pm

Amazing enough I managed to make myself actually try start posting the rest of the pictures, so uh... here goes.

With Bel Lock's cranium fried, the Yellow team will be able to stay on the offensive.

Sort-of-Officer attacks Ms. Ninja from very close range.

He just barely lands his shot...

...but... uh... uhm... yet, once again... the damage rolled is... one. (Yes I know this is starting to get utterly ridiculous)

Sunglass Diver Dude moves into a better position, and triggers Fireman's response action.

Fireman tries to shoot but screws up his skill roll so his attack misses.

Sunglass Diver Dude proceeds to open fire on Ms. Ninja...

And amazing enough, he gets an Overskill and high damage on his attack roll, blasting Ms. Ninjas face. (I supposedly didn't roll extra damage from the Overskill because it was already lethal without it)

Swashbuckler and Biker/Diver Dude move in to leave response fire at ready.

The rest of Yellow team move up too.

More overviews.

Red teams turn: Archer Soldier recovers from being Disrupted by his Critical Failure.

He proceeds to shoot at Construction Dude...

Not only rolling good accuracy, but also scoring lethal damage, skewering Construction Dude's face.

The riflemen and... Sort-of-Astronaut(?) move in.

The riflemen target Indiana Blackbeard while Sort-of-Astronaut aims for... Swashbuckler and/or Biker/Diver Dude?

(I don't know why I didn't roll the attacks as Combined Fire)

The gun of the first rifleman jams because of Critical Fail on the skill roll, so he needs to inspect it...

...and amazing enough manages to not blow his head off.

Next up Pilot Dude tries to attack...

...and rolls an excellent five for accuracy and ten for damage, virtually deleting anything inside Indiana Blackbeard's head...

Elsewhere: Oh whoops I didn't realize Sort-of-Astronaut was aiming for Sunglass Diver Dude instead of the two other guys.

Red team seems to be on a roll after rolling such badly last turn: Sort-of-Astronaut rolls another five on accuracy and a good enough seven for damage, serving another casualty for Yellow team.

The trio of Red team dudes come to behind of the front door of the house, ready to shoot anyone who opens the door.

Fireman tries to drag Ms. Ninja's body out of the way, but Biker/Diver Dude tries to shoot him having been given the chance.

However he rolls an incredible double Critical Failure, jamming both of his guns...

...and unsurprisingly one of them blasts him in the face, dropping him dead.

Swashbuckler also tries to shoot at Fireman.

Unlike Biker/Diver Dude, Swashbuckler not only rolls good enough accuracy but enough damage for it to be lethal, which means one less guy for Red team.

Next up: Spacepolice Dude crams himself into the... cottage(?) through a window.

The rest of Red team move in.

Not-A-Wizard Guy manages to not get killed while trying to drag Ms. Ninja's body so he successfully manages to haul the body out of the way.

(I guess I didn't completely finish everyone moving of else)

More overviews.

Yellow team's turn: Miner Dude... sees the pile of corpses of his team mates, and despite of that he bravely tries to attack the enemy.

The shot has fine accuracy...

...but it doesn't deal enough damage to kill his target.

Because I have no idea, Sort-of-Officer opens the door behind which the trio of Red team's dudes are at ready.

I rolled the dice to see who shoots first. (I used a green dice because I didn't have enough yellow ones at hand)

Fireman 2 and Sort-of-Officer roll highest, so they attack first: Fireman 2 doesn't roll enough damage to kill Sort-of-Officer, who unlike Fireman 2, manages to fill Dr. Gunslinger's head with lead.

Then Swashbuckler shoots at Police Guy, but doesn't do lethal damage.

Police Guy however rolls excellent on his damage so Sort-of-Officer is decimated.

Miner Officer gets into the cottage, unbeknownst of Spacepolice Dude who's ready to do a response attack.

Due to the time he needed to crawl through the window, Miner Officer doesn't get to do a counterattack against Spacepolice Dude.

Spacepolice Dude attacks successfully, and deals good enough damage to easily kill Miner Officer. (I accidentally used the halberd as a two-handed weapon instead of a heavy hand weapon but ironically I rolled good enough for it to not have mattered)

Now vulnerable to any offensive action, Spacepolice Dude is shot by Pirate Racer Guy.

Though... he rolls... a one, for the damage...

Swashbuckler... decides to drop his melee weapon and go akimbo with pistols.

He successfully shoots Sort-of-Astronaut for four damage.

And then uses his other gun to... deal an extra three damage killing Sort-of-Astronaut? (I don't know whenever or not that's like, against the rules in that the rulebook insists on not allowing multiple ranged attack per turn per minifig)

Ol' Henchman and Imperial Officer take position behind the cottage and some walls.

Surfer Guy and Sort-of-Janitor exchange weapons and move forward.

Once again there are so many characters in the post I can't put more pictures in the same reply. I'll try continue ASAP though.
TheLEGObrick
Champion
Champion

Postby TheLEGObrick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:02 pm

Alright, continuing where I... sort of left off?

Sort-of-Janitor takes position on the chokepoint preventing enemies from passing.

Another Overwatch.

Red team's turn: Archer Soldier... goes to do something with Bel Locks dropped gun and his mace sort of melee weapon?

Turns out he slapped them together to... create... a Long Range Weapon? (I rolled d6 vs d6 to see whenever or not the action fails or succeeds)

Then, riflemen come in to open fire at Miner Dude.

With a bunch of pretty bad rolls, one rifleman manages to shoot at Miner Dude while the other's gun jams up because of... a Critical Failure.

A Critical Success allows the rifleman to dish out a hefty nine damage, putting a bullet straight through Miner Dude's chest and spine.

Pilot Dude isn't as lucky, his gun happens to misfire while he's inspecting it, causing self-decapitation once again...

Then a trio of melee dudes is up for action.

In order to get above the wall, Mr. MuscleGuy tries attacking some not-yet-loose bricks.

He rolls an impressive twelve for the damage against the pathetic 1 armour of the brick, which causes another brick to also become loose due to the extreme damage of the attack.

Spacepolice Dude moves back in the cottage to withdraw from a position vulnerable for ranged attacks.
Fireman 2 and Police Guy try open fire at Swashbuckler.

However both roll very bad: Fireman 2's attack misses because he rolled a two, while Police Guy's gun simply jammed due to Critical Failure.

Amazing enough he managed to not blow off Fireman 2's head and his gun will be operational next turn.

Next up Dude With Chainsaw tries to attack Swashbuckler.

Except he too rolls an unbelievable one, and slices himself up with the chainsaw.

Seeing the pathetic attemps of his teammates, Not-A-Wizard Guy also tries to attack Swashbuckler

Even he manages to roll a one... and somehow smack himself to death with the... battlestaff sort of weapon?

And... yet another Overwatch?

Yellow team's turn: Pirate Racer Guy decides to get rid of his gun and use two melee weapons.

He plans on testing one on Fireman 2.

And (un)surprisingly enough, he manages to roll a Critical Failure, and decapitates himself.

Swashbuckler sees a nice looking gun and decides to try grabbing it.

Cyborg Samurai Dude was waiting for him and attacks Swashbuckler.

The attack hits quite well, and Swashbuckler is decapitated before he can say :byzero: .

Scratch one Yellow team dude.

Sort-of-Janitor sees the opportunity and attacks Cyborg Samurai Dude.

The attack is just barely in range, but he fails it by rolling a two on the skill roll.

Imperial Officer turns his view to between the buildings while Surfer Guy goes to the pathway behind the cottage.

Ol' Henchman is still waiting behind the wall, ready for ambush.

Red team: Guy With Rifle sees Surfer Guy and proceeds to attack him.

He rolls badly however so he doesn't hit.

Imperial Officer takes a response action against Guy With Rifle after he got to the line of sight.

He shoots accurately.

It's just that... once again... the goddamn ridiculous one was rolled for damage.

Archer Soldier decides to try his new... whatever ranged weapon it is, on Imperial Officer.

Not only does he not score hit, but the hit is also lethal, with six damage, Imperial Officer is killed pretty easily.

That makes three Yellow team guys remain.

Spacepolice Dude decides to haul ass from the cottage and uses the opened window to get right in the front of Sort-of-Janitor.

He tries to attack Sort-of-Janitor, who tries to parry the attack with his shield.

Sort-of-Janitor rolls an Overskill on his parry and gets an extra point of Deflection, but it's of no use because Spacepolice Dude screws his attack and his halberd gets stuck.

Elsewhere Mr. MuscleGuy stacks up a bunch of bricks behind the wall.

Cyborg Samurai Dude proceeds to use the bricks as a platform to get on top of the wall.

Police Guy and Fireman 2 decide to go for the stairs in the building for a flanking manoeuvre.

Yet once again another Overwatch.

Okay so... from what it looks like I'll need to do one more extra post, but that should be it... I'll proceed to doing it right after sending this.
TheLEGObrick
Champion
Champion

Postby TheLEGObrick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:35 pm

Alright, hopefully I'll be able to fit these links within 60000 characters :fu: :-D

By now Yellow team has probably realized that they're... at least very fucked?

Sort-of-Janitor manages to get a close range hit on the now unarmed Spacepolice Dude.

He just happens to... yet god-fucking-damn again, roll a one for damage.

Ol' Henchman sees what's happening and comes to aid Sort-of-Janitor.

The result? He manages to banhammer himself with a halberd by rolling a Critical Failure...

Being the Last Man Standing, Sort-of-Janitor is more than just... extremely fucked?

The two gunmen however aren't planning on leaving until every hostile entity has bit the dust.

Guy With Rifle makes a hasty walk on the pile of bodies and jumps onto the wall for a good line of fire.

His shot has good accuracy...

...but just barely not good enough damage.

Archer Soldier also tries to put a bullet (or shell?) on Sort-of-Janitor, which he does successfully.

For some reason I counted the two shots as combined fire so Sort-of-Janitor recieves a heavy dose of head separation.

With the last enemy dead it's time for the good enjoying afterwards or something?

Also known as using mugs to like... drink stuff?

(I ran out of mugs so these guys have chalices)

The last Overwatch of the battlefield.

Here are some closer images of the carnage.

Phew... Now that was... a pretty goddamn large lot of pictures, eh? It's finally... done... Gimme some rest now :lol:

Also I tried calculating how many Critical Failures I got and... I think it's around like... 20 or something? At least...
TheLEGObrick
Champion
Champion

Postby Scribonius » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:55 pm

TheLEGObrick wrote:Also I tried calculating how many Critical Failures I got and... I think it's around like... 20 or something? At least...

Like I said, Aura of Incompetence. Someone killed near the end obviously had it, since it finally stopped working and let the red team win.  :twisted:
Scribonius
Cannon Fodder

Postby Arkbrik » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:59 am

Possibly the most detailed battle report I've seen, AND the most critfail-filled.  :D
Arkbrik
My Little Pony

Postby TheLEGObrick » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:31 am

Scribonius wrote:
TheLEGObrick wrote:Also I tried calculating how many Critical Failures I got and... I think it's around like... 20 or something? At least...

Like I said, Aura of Incompetence. Someone killed near the end obviously had it, since it finally stopped working and let the red team win.  :twisted:

Probably eh? :lol:

Arkbrik wrote:Possibly the most detailed battle report I've seen, AND the most critfail-filled.  :D

You don't want to know, I have just about exactly... 466 pictures taken of the battle, so you could say I got a "bit" carried away with taking the pictures. For the forum post I just like, tried using as few pictures as possible... :lol:
TheLEGObrick
Champion
Champion

Next

Return to Reports From the Field