Birth of a hero?

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Birth of a hero?

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sat May 18, 2019 5:25 am

Classified Reiahideen document, BR2019

It is BR2019 and with foreign occupiers long gone as devastatingly large space storms close in around the Ayanami sector, a new threat to the Reiist state is emerging. An Asukaist hacker known only as Koba of Ananuri hijacked the Shikinami city factory network and began mass producing identical biomechanical warriors popularly known as "Baka Boys" Their seemingly inexorable advance was bolstered by memories of the pre-soviet Kingdom of Shikinami and by the activities of the Germanic State. A series of running battles along the old Ayanami frontier managed to temporarily halt their advance but the situation remains dire as local governors increasingly gain power from the central government leading to a form of techno feudalism.

AYANAMI 0, capital city of the Ayanami Empire
This is the last time your disgusting gang terrorises respectable citizens, understand?!
An alarm beeps, scanners are waved around and the peach is executed as his yellow companions are hauled off for some deeper more nefarious purpose

You have been brought here to serve the will of the best girl and finally make something of your worthless lives. The reward for victory is high and the price of failure is death or worse. You are probably wondering why you, in particular have been chosen for this task. In short, you have our scanners have detected unusually high levels of destiny within your systems.
Now for the task at hand. In order to harness your destiny and become heroes, you must take part in a quest to find an artifact. The science behind this is complicated, but finding your artifact will be the most efficient way to unlock your heroic cliché. You will instinctively find your quest and if your willpower is strong enough then you will succeed. We will giv e you the freedom required to complete your quest but before you even think about escaping, you must realise that we have implanted tracking chips within each of you and have your loved ones detained at a secure location. This is it, time to face destiny under the all seeing eye of Rei.
The android soldier departs, leaving the potential heroes to take in all that information and discuss among themselves what the future may bring
Image Image

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Re: Birth of a hero?

Post by sahasrahla » Sat May 18, 2019 12:10 pm

i hope they all end up having to fight to the death at some point

AnnoyedZebra

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sat May 18, 2019 5:27 pm

well this is brikwars
Image Image

Spectral
IT'S PAYDAY AT BLEAK COMPANY HEADQUARTERS

Post by Spectral » Sun May 19, 2019 10:56 pm

seems like the birth of a bunch of heroes, but goddamn is it ossum.
GIMME THE HOGGIN DONUTS SO WE CAN GET THIS FOIGHT GOIN ALREADY YAH SQUEALIN ARSELING

AnnoyedZebra

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Tue May 21, 2019 3:07 pm

Dubno-Bricky sector: Schwerpunkt 771
A concentrated attack at the planet designated schwerpunkt 771 by NGC-Shikinami joint command has resulted in a general collapse throughout the crucial Dubno-Bricky sector and the capture of several potential heroes but the formation of a large salient

A messenger arrives and the cyborg men stand up rod straight
The node captain has marked these ones for destruction
The guard nods
It will be done
plasma shots ring out as the messenger leaves

The deed is done commander
The enormous robotic processing and sensor plant of the node commander nods slightly to acknowledge the new information and after what seems like an eternity of processing time issues a new proclamation
The central node has declared this region overextended, burn everything and retreat
Image Image

Spectral

Post by Spectral » Wed May 22, 2019 3:09 am

Holy shit that's amazing! :overwatch: the node commander is an ossum minifig!
GIMME THE HOGGIN DONUTS SO WE CAN GET THIS FOIGHT GOIN ALREADY YAH SQUEALIN ARSELING

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Fri May 24, 2019 1:01 pm

I do like node commander
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImage

AnnoyedZebra

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Fri May 24, 2019 2:50 pm

Damn I was honestly worried that people would think the node commander looked silly or something
Image Image