Left4Dead scenario

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Mouse
Battlefield General

Left4Dead scenario

Post by Mouse » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:46 pm

I had an idea for a l4d scenario in brikwars, 4 survivor legos with ranged weapons had to make it from point a to b.
Along the way there would be scattered zombies who each turn moved randomly 3 inches (Direction chosen with a roll of one of those arrowed die).
If a survivor came within 7 inches of a zombie, the zombies would be able to move 7 inches next turn due to their awareness of the survivor. If a zombie managed to breach the armor of a human survivor, another dice roll would me made, damage table:
1: Scratch, no effect
2-3: Shove, Survivor shoved 2" backwards
4: Slash, Body part of survivor is crippled, heal with pills or medkits (Explained later). Crippled arms and legs are unable to do anything, zombie player rolls d6, 1-3: Leg crippled, 4: Right arm crippled, 5: Left arm crippled, 6: Head crippled (Rules on crippling later)
5: Knock down, survivor has to roll 4-6 or else is unable to move without a teammate performing a skill action on him to help him up next turn. He can't move but can still shoot whatever secondary weapon he may have, but only short ranged weapons.
6: Bitten, survivor converted to special infected (More rules later) on his next move phase

Zombies should have the weakest of stats. Their claws are 1d6, one 1d6 armor, and movement was already mentioned.
Survivors, as well have 1d6 armor, whatever stats their weapons have, and the movement is 5"

In assorted cabinets throughout the map survivors can open using an action skill and roll a die. Depending on results, in the cabinet they could find...

1-3: Nothing
4:Pills (Provide healing of crippled limbs for 2 turns)
5: Molotov
6: Pipe bomb

Molotov's can be thrown and kill every zombie within a 5 inch radius of it's landing zone, pipe bombs do the same thing except attract every zombie within a 24 inch area and those who are within 7 inches of the bomb die and the rest move 7 inches towards the bomb and if they don't die, they become aware of the survivors.

Crippled limbs:
Legs: Survivors movement is knocked down to 3"
Arms: That specific arm can't do anything including hold stuff, pick up stuff, activate stuff, etc.
Head: Survivor has to have a partner within 2" Of him to help him move, movement knocked down to 4"

For determining crippling...
1-3: Leg crippled, 4: Right arm crippled, 5: Left arm crippled, 6: Head crippled

Med kits heal all crippled limbs in the turn they're used.

Zombie spawning:
Each survivor turn, a Die is rolled.
1-4: 4 zombies are spawned out of sight but on main path to point B but within 12" of survivors
5: Special infected is spawned with same rules as regular zombie spawning, he is accompanied by 3 regular zombies
6: Zombie horde, 10 zombies spawn, aware of survivors, out of site but within 12" of survivors

Special infected:
When spawned, roll a die
1-2: Hunter
3-4: Smoker
5: Boomer
6: Taaaaaaank

Hunter infected:
Movement: Must move 9" Each turn, can leap onto any height without wasting movement
Armor: 1d6
Special attack thinger: If survivor is within 9" of hunters leap, survivor is automatically 'knocked down' (Rules above)

Smoker infected:
Movement: 5"
Armor: 1d6
Special attack thinger: Ranged attack of 12"
Roll dice on successful hit, 1-4 survivor is dragged 4" Towards smoker and considered knocked down, 5-6: Attack is unsuccessful

Boomer infected:
Movement: 5"
Armor: Instant kill upon successful hit.
Special attack thinger: Ranged attack of 6", upon successful hit, zombie horde is spawned. If survivors are within 4" of boomer when he dies, a horde is spawned

Tank Infected: (Only one per game)
Movement: 7"
Armor: 3d6
Special ranged attack: Throws concrete blocks 12", knocks down survivor upon successful hit. Melee attack shoves survivors 6" and cripples random limb (Rules above). A second successful hit upon the same survivor will knock him down.

I think that covers all the essential rules for the scenario, seems kinda wordy and maybe too complex for brikwars but it seems like it might be fun.

Btw, I'm brand new to brikwars, I haven't even played yet but I'm pretty excited to try it out. I know this scenario is lacking some essential details probably, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'll add a witch later.

Also, why does it say I'm the god of brikwars? :v

Mouse
Battlefield General

Post by Mouse » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Alright, but I'm more concerned with feedback about the scenario.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:18 pm

:shock: Silvadream is acting intelligent! Who are you, and what have you done with the real silva?!

Cool scenario. Rather detailed though. I think that when the zombies attack, there should be a better chance of getting infected though, seeing that they are zombies after all...
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Mouse
Battlefield General

Post by Mouse » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:26 pm

In left4dead, survivors are immune. I made a slight chance of becoming infected to add more special infected.
Make up your own rules for melee weapons.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:42 pm

Ah, i see. Cool.

I like the stats for the boss zombies.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:22 pm

A few too many die rolls if you ask me. Ideally, you want to roll the dice as little as possible.

For your bosses, I wouldn't be putting the armor the tank has. Instead, you could give boss characters (and I suppose the 4 minifigs too) hitpoints, and whhenever their armor is surpassed, leftover damage takes away from their current hitpoints. When hitpoints reach zero, death.

That said, I say just give the zombies a bite attack that's the equivalent of a small weapon (UR 2, 1d6 damage). There's no reason you should be rolling on that many tables, and it'll follow more traditional brikwars rules, not to mention you wouldn't have to deal with the crippling mechanic (and then have medkits give out 1d6 hitpoints or something). The knockdown is something that should probably be reserved for bosses to use instead of every joe-shmoe zombie to dish out.

Speaking of bosses, right now you've got a 1 in 6 chance that a bitten player character will be transformed into a boss THE NEXT TURN. While I'm all for exploitable cruelty, you'd probably have more fun if bosses were a little less often. Instead of this, what about whenever a character dies, they're assumed to be bitten and will convert later?

Also what the hell, no witches?

Mouse
Battlefield General

Post by Mouse » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:22 pm

I already stated both that witches would come later and that I did think it might be a little too complex. I liked the idea of hit points but I wasn't sure how to apply them to brikwars.

The knocking down bit is trying to keep this is relative to l4d as possible because anyone in the game can get you knocked down.

Thanks for the helpful post, all in all, the scenario is more favored for realism I'd say but anyone can mod it so it's not so intricate.

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:59 pm

As a Left4Dead fan, I approve of this idea, and I may be willing to playtest it.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Mouse wrote:The knocking down bit is trying to keep this is relative to l4d as possible because anyone in the game can get you knocked down.
Really? I only played it a few times but I think only hunters ever knocked me over.

Hit points should be easy to figure, depending on how easy you want the game to be. Easy = 10 HP for minifigs, Hard = 1 HP.

Mouse
Battlefield General

Post by Mouse » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:33 pm

If you play expert enough, you grow to fear even regular zombies who are unaware of you. Also, reviving knocked down players shouldn't be an impossible task.

Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Post by Shaeph » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:14 pm

seems like a good, fun idea
As Silva and IV said, its a little complicated with all the dice rolling

if you insist on all the die rolls can you at least make it look nicer?

Other than that, really good job
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:35 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Mouse wrote:The knocking down bit is trying to keep this is relative to l4d as possible because anyone in the game can get you knocked down.
Really? I only played it a few times but I think only hunters ever knocked me over.
The Tanks can knock you down, and when your health gets really low (I forget what the exact number is) you're knocked over.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Guns

Post by Keldoclock » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:02 pm

I would think that the survivors would be able to find guns, not just explosives and pills.

Maybe one of the findable things would be "Gun" and than a gun is randomly selected. Don't even need to roll dice for it.

Y'know, so it will be more like the game. Find an Assault rifle or something like that.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:05 am

Bonn-o-Tron wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:
The Tanks can knock you down, and when your health gets really low (I forget what the exact number is) you're knocked over.
Ohhhhh! That! yeah, I remember that now. I just considered that "dead", and you can be brought back, and after a while you become "really dead".

I guess you could incorporate that into the system by letting them be "knocked over" when they're at 0 hit points, and they die after 1d6 turns or so.

Greywing187
Battlefield General

Shoop da whoop this are epic.

Post by Greywing187 » Sun May 17, 2009 11:44 pm

Witch stats maybe,

Witch Infected: (Only one per round)
Movement: 7” (When startled)
Armor: 2d6
Special: If Survivor is within a 1” radius of Witch for more than 1 turn or damages it without “Cr0wning” it, the Witch will become startled and chase after the one who startled her until she either dies or knocks down and kills the survivor.

I like all the other ones. L4D BrikWars for the win.
Last edited by Greywing187 on Mon May 18, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ROFLCOPTER