The Legend Goes Lego in January 2008

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

DarkWolf
Officer

The Legend Goes Lego in January 2008

Post by DarkWolf » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:09 pm

I'm pretty sure that just about everyone here has already seen this, if not, you don't deserve to call yourself a Lego fan. Long story short, with Lucas Films impending release of a new Indiana Jones movie, Lego decided to make a push on the rights to the Indiana Jones series. They succeded, and now, Lego Indiana Jones arrives in the next year. This means no more Johnny Thunder series, though I will sorta miss them, if only because the Johnny Thunder torso was so perfect for Tek Level 4 military fatigues (it is what I used for my Carlos Hathcock minifig.)

http://indianajones.lego.com/en-us/teaser/default.aspx
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

Skinnydude
Champion
Champion

Re: The Legend Goes Lego in January 2008

Post by Skinnydude » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:06 pm

DarkWolf wrote:I'm pretty sure that just about everyone here has already seen this, if not, you don't deserve to call yourself a Lego fan. Long story short, with Lucas Films impending release of a new Indiana Jones movie, Lego decided to make a push on the rights to the Indiana Jones series. They succeded, and now, Lego Indiana Jones arrives in the next year. This means no more Johnny Thunder series, though I will sorta miss them, if only because the Johnny Thunder torso was so perfect for Tek Level 4 military fatigues (it is what I used for my Carlos Hathcock minifig.)

http://indianajones.lego.com/en-us/teaser/default.aspx
You know what this means don't you? We can finally make an accurate (Though I'm not sure when that's ever mattered) Brikwars battle that recreates the movies.

In fact, nobody steal that idea, I call dibs on it!
Well what've we got here....

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:18 pm

I can see <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> of interesting possibilities with this... But the thing that revolts me, is that he is peach colored :shock: I hate peach minifigs... One of my objectives in a battle was "The genocide of the peach race". I made that objective up myself, and had great fun implementing it... I finished that objective within the first 10 minutes of it being assigned... The whip should be interesting though. I'll buy a few sets, take all the good peices, and use the peach parts as cannon fodder.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:45 pm

Now that I think about it, I really don't like the flesh colored ones either. They take away that classic touch away from the minifigs and make them look... more... like actual people!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:08 pm

Exactly, when in fact, they are a comepletely separate and infinitely more interesting species. But you gotta agree, they are fun to beat the $h!t out of, eh? Most awesome part of one of my peach genocide missions: A large series of critical success rolls, that ended only after the offensive peach was dismembered and smeared with red clay (minifig blood)

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:53 pm

peach guys are like a new race of minifigures there the classic the zombie and the peach.

Yak
Champion
Champion

Post by Yak » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:34 am

King of Brix wrote:I can see <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> of interesting possibilities with this... But the thing that revolts me, is that he is peach colored :shock: I hate peach minifigs... One of my objectives in a battle was "The genocide of the peach race". I made that objective up myself, and had great fun implementing it... I finished that objective within the first 10 minutes of it being assigned... The whip should be interesting though. I'll buy a few sets, take all the good peices, and use the peach parts as cannon fodder.
Yeah its so dumb to make a peach race because then later on you will obviously buy some lego and there will only be peach? so you will have some peach lego men and some Original Lego Men. I bet that made no sense, but what im trying to express is that PEACH $UKS
The Leader of the LBW (Legion of the Brik Warriors)

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:15 pm

I'm looking forward to that, as well as the as the accompanying game, seeing as how my friends and I poured so many hours into the Lego Starwars games.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

The Lizard King
Hero

Post by The Lizard King » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:20 pm

They look like great sets. I'll deffinatley be getting some. But I find it kind of wierd that the Lego Company would be making Piltogg minifigs.
"I Am The Lizard King, I can do Anything"

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:50 pm

Hey, we deserve some badass minifigs after all the crappy one's we've been sent in the last few years. Also, the new Mars series is awesome, just used the parts from two of the set's to make a Warhawk (google it)
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:13 pm

The Lizard King wrote:They look like great sets. I'll deffinatley be getting some. But I find it kind of wierd that the Lego Company would be making Piltogg minifigs.
AND they're from a european country decimated by the blitzkreig.

Carda
Officer

Post by Carda » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:23 pm

Indy's whip interests me the most in these new sets. I've seen it coiled up, but also stretched out in mid-whipcrack. I'm wondering if the thing isn't flexible to some extent to allow for cinematic poses of Indy swinging around on it.
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:25 pm

Carda wrote:Indy's whip interests me the most in these new sets. I've seen it coiled up, but also stretched out in mid-whipcrack. I'm wondering if the thing isn't flexible to some extent to allow for cinematic poses of Indy swinging around on it.
More importantly, we need to know if we can wrap it around a rafter over a bottomless pit and swing across it. And how we skip that part when a giant boulder is right behind you on your way out.
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:35 pm

Or... Maybe he has different whips for different sets? That'd be pretty cool too.

Carda
Officer

Post by Carda » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:48 pm

No, from what I've seen it's multiple pics from the same set with the whip in different positions...
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/