Gelatinous Cube

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Gelatinous Cube

Postby Flashhawk » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:55 am

In a Labyrinth, deep down, there lives a creature every Hero has seen once in his dungeon-searching life and whenever you remember him of this event he will shiver and say " oh now, what a guck!!"

Ok the Gelatinous Cube is an original AD&D Monster that more or less everybody laughed at, as long as he has not to fight against it.

Here are my ideas for the stats girls and boys, a Brikversion of the mini is rendered at the moment here:
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=148
Move: 1d4+1"
Armor: 2
Skill: 1d4
TL: 0

Special: Imune to Melee-Attacks except fire and explosives
If you use explosives, the Mini is taken !completely! apart and the parts have to be dumped on the table from a height of 10cm per strength of the explosive. Then the GC does the T1000 thing by resembling itself. Each brick has to crawl to its nearest other brick by 2"/round

If an mobile object that is smaller than GC gets in contact with GC, it is swallowed and digested in 2 rounds. If some kind of link to that objekt to the outside is established, you need at least double the mass of the swallowed object and a successful skill roll in you movement phase to pull it out.

Ok, comments please. I will make a stat-card for this thing as soon as stats and picture are done.
Flashhawk
First things that die in a Battle?
* Innocence
* Truth
* Honor
* Loyalty
Flashhawk
Champion
Champion

Postby piltogg » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:02 pm

sounds good but how the heck do you build a gelatinouse cube out of lego.

although playdough would work :?
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Rayhawk » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:49 pm

piltogg wrote:sounds good but how the heck do you build a gelatinouse cube out of lego.

This is a good question, and therefore I've researched heavily to discover the answer. It took all my skills of internet research to track this down, but eventually I was able to read the post that you were responding to in the first place.

Flashhawk wrote:Here are my ideas for the stats girls and boys, a Brikversion of the mini is rendered at the moment here:
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=148

Check page 2.

piltogg wrote:although playdough would work :?

Ha, now that's a funny idea. I'd like to see a minifig getting absorbed slowly into the play-dough over a series of turns.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Flashhawk » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:46 am

Freely translated from german:
"One who can read has clear advantage" :D

And what about the stats? Do think that these would work or are there any tweaks to do? I want to try something like hero quest or space quest with this... just a small party of players and lots of monster on the other side in a Spacehulk or a dungeon or maybe just a very big, badly planed department store...
FH
First things that die in a Battle?
* Innocence
* Truth
* Honor
* Loyalty
Flashhawk
Champion
Champion

Return to Bricks