Sig-Figs

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Sig-Figs

Post by Cpl. Halan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:16 pm

some people(like me) have minifigs to which they get emotionally attached, attached enough so the minifig's personality begins to take form, usually this is not the personality of heros. however should these minifigs die like their companions there is no feeling of "this sig-fig is kicking butt" which a sig-fig should have. therefore sig-figs have the redshirt ability and can perform heroic feats only to save their butts(only for self survival) there is no CP cost for this ability but if a person deploys around 2 or 3 then be nice but narrow it down to 1. the person must be attached to the fig for more than just the fact it looks cool(best used in groups that know each other). if a person deploys a lot(as in not an elite squad that they treasure but like 10 of them) of them other players can use whatever force they deem necessary to eliminate the excess unless the player actually has issues like that otherwise players can also punish the anorak as they deem worthy

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Post by MasterEcabob » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:19 pm

Meh, this might be a good rule for newbies, but experienced BrikWarriors should be ready to kill any minifig for the sake of fun.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:30 pm

If you're really that attached to the minifig, just make him a hero, and demote the tradidional leader of your army to Officer.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:53 am

I am attached to a lot of minifigs.

Some of them are the same (no editings) for months.

I even gave them names!
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:44 am

the Idea is to protect the sig-fig from a random death in the crossfire but not give him the highest power you can bestow upon him. the idea is that the sig-fig will die for a heroic and important purpose as opposed to dying cuz' a grunt shot a bazooka at him

ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Post by ahp77 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:28 am

pesgores wrote:I am attached to a lot of minifigs.

Some of them are the same (no editings) for months.

I even gave them names!

when'd you hit post 2k?

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:32 am

I don't know when I did my first 2kth post, Rayhawk deleted the One Word thread after I achieved my first 2kth and then the count dropped back to less than 2k.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Post by jifel » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:17 am

My sig-Fig is my first mech, who still looks the best, and being a mech he doesn't need much extra, but I made him a hero anyway. And he kills!!
(You saw him in project Arena)

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:21 pm

i acn only think of one fig that i am "atteched to" but i let him have some fun i mean it whould not be fair to him to have him live and yet his frends get to die gloriously
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Post by Tiny Tank Rannon » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:13 pm

Size two tank with full tank armour= my sig fig.

Why? because Tiny Tank is awesome!

As my medievil sig fig, I have Mephiston, the black skeleton wizard, master of fire, darkness, teleportation and randomly shooting chains from his cloak!

Of course since they're also my cooliest minifigs, They're also my heroes, still trying to find a heroic ability suiting a tank though...

Mephiston is also my only sketelon that's prone to dying on the battlefield too!

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:19 pm

I've got one guy that fits this description. I just made him my hero.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:42 am

the idea is he doesn't die in the opening engagement but is able to do something important like charge the enemy line and live long enough to do something, besides all he can do is redshirt people in his squad and duck and tumble which has a good chance of getting him killed, he is not that much better defended and these rules only apply if he isn't a hero, he does have to have some importance though. Halan would be my hero if I didn't have a super-soldier so he is a sig-fig. these rules make him slightly more survivable but not by much

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Post by jifel » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:57 am

Although not sig-figs, I do have a certain unit i am attached to, that survives not out of dice fudging but by being ossum. My 16 man helicopter. Yes, it is 21 inches long and holds 16 warriors. oh yah.

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

Jaye Tea
Officer

Post by Jaye Tea » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:27 pm

mine are just heroes, and if they die, they are cloned or something for a later battle.
Glory be to the Bomb, and to the Holy Fallout. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. World without end. May the Blessings of the Bomb Almighty, and the Fellowship of the Holy Fallout, descend upon us all. This day and forever more. Amen!

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:14 pm

i have three sig figs i hate it when parts go missing the body of one I've lost so I've had to replace it same with his hat but the head stays the same.
my second is whole and has never changed. my 3rd one is gary from the spongebob sets i brought the sets for the orange pieces but i liked gary so hes in one piece and is siting on my key board as i type this.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?