Armies of Terra: The U.G.A., Lunaris, and Legonia

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Armies of Terra: The U.G.A., Lunaris, and Legonia

Post by doodstormer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:43 am

Hey all, it's been a while since I last posted any customs, but now I present a triple whammy... THREE FRICKIN' ARMIES DUDE, ZOMG.

THE UNITED GREDHIR ARMIES
The UGA is the most powerful military of all Terra. Their armor is thick and their shields broad. Declaring war against them is a huge mistake. Also in their arsenal is Apocalypse weaponry, the most deadly projectiles known to mortals.

Officer
The only things that will allow a UGA officer to be a desk officer (One that doesn't fight) are old age and inability to fight. An officer is trained in intermediate first aid, sharpshooting with automatic weapons, piloting advanced land vehicles, advanced tactics, returning grenades(throwing them back at the enemy), and usage of at least 4 extra weapons besides the standard assault rifle.

Trooper
Troopers are trained in pistol sharpshooting, piloting intermediate land vehicles, tracking, formation tactics, and novice first aid.

Firefly
Fireflies are some of the most dangerous troops on the field. They are trained in anti-infantry, firefighting, and blast control(keeping explosives contained).

Engineer
Engineers are the more handy of troops. They can repair just about anything, are masters of most electronic equipment, and are some tough fist-fighters.

Medic
Medics are just that... Medics. Medics receive the best of medical training, and save several lives on the field.

THE LUNARIS ARMED FORCES

The Lunaris Empire gains land in two methods: Economy and Military. If they can't buy a country out, they'll blow holes in it until they can.

Officers
Officers are the richer of Lunaris' citizens in most cases. They are not always the best at fighting. Officers are allowed any weapon of their choice, rather than just being forced to use the Octan Industries' Combat Shotgun.

Guardsmen
Guardsmen are recognized across all Terra in their blue and white uniforms, carrying a shotgun everywhere. they have a disadvantage at range, but you sure as hell don't want one in the same building as you if you're an enemy of the Empire! (NOTE: The guy with a slope piece for a head is a red-skinned lizardman)

Engineer
Engineers of Lunaris are some of the country's finest minds in technology and mathematics. If it's broken, they'll fix it in a minute at most.

THE LEGONIAN DEFENDERS

The Legonians are a new country, just declared independent from Lunaris. It is unknown just how well they'll stand with powerhouses like the UGA breathing down their necks.

Terrorbird Trooper
Terrorbird Troopers are the officers of Legonia. Why Terrorbirds? An untamed terrorbird would chew your face off, also they are the cheapest of steeds.

Grunt
The only qualification to be a grunt is that you have to know how to shoot. Grunts have varying skills depending on the person.

Gunner
Gunners are basically grunts that get bigger guns. Some of them love their job a little... much.

Slave/Prisoner of war
Slaves are the Legonian soldiers who get crippled, the prisoners they capture, unlucky civilians, etc. They do all the hard work, and their only self-defense is a clunky, weak pistol.

Ask if you need more picture angles or info.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:25 pm

nice fluff, i like it. also, i use the same type of machine gun, with the modified crossbow and hand attachment! although i will admit, i added a screwdriver to the end to give it a longer barrel and upgrade it from a submachine gun to an assault rifle

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:37 pm

Man, that's some great sticker work, I'm totally jealous now. I've got to start cooking up some custom logos like these.

The one thing that stands out though is the lizard man head, it looks pretty blank against all the detailed armor. Have you thought about making another sticker or two for lizard man faces?

(Note that I said faces, not feces.)

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:53 pm

well my army's are NEVER this detailed
however it seems to be the same story all three times (realy well trained troops)

Boomer
Hero

Post by Boomer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:57 pm

Wonderful, colorful armies. If I had to pick i want either the Gredhir or the Legonians. The Gredhir are awesome and seem to have a lot of potential to destroy. The Legonians are ruthless and uncouth and seem to have the most potential to spread chaos.
I'd definitely pick the Gredhir if I wanted a field glassed. Legoanians for drunken berserker rampages.

ninkybob
Champion
Champion

Post by ninkybob » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:38 pm

Nice fluff, armies and stickers!
And whats with the Lizardman? I have to say, I love the guys, but he looks a little out of place amongst all the human 'earth' forces.

doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Post by doodstormer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:11 pm

The lizardman is from Terra. the Lion Isles, to be exact. I need to find a good template to make his face. If you think the Lizardman's out of place, in the Terra universe, there's elves, gnomes, dwarves, halflings, orcs...
I just have to find their look. The aliens are the divines, purebred, and firetouched, and they don't come in until near apocalypse.
Last edited by doodstormer on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kidko
Officer

Post by kidko » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:23 pm

Love the UGA crossbo- I mean, rifles. (That's a hand on the bottom, right?) Nice detail on all counts.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:16 am

kidko wrote:Love the UGA crossbo- I mean, rifles. (That's a hand on the bottom, right?) Nice detail on all counts.
yeah, it actually looks a lot nicer than you'd think. I personally melted the tip of a crossbow with a magnifying glass to jam on the longer barrel. permenant? yes. worth it? definitely.

Joetrillion
Officer

Post by Joetrillion » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:21 pm

hooray 3 colour coordinated armys
i like when there not mixed up
anyway sweet armys (especially THE U.G.A regual dark grey and black armour always looks good)

Champion
Champion

Post by 40k » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:29 pm

What happened to the comic you had going with these guys?
I have no Signature

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:19 am

Did you know the term "Terra" is "Earth" in portuguese?

No, it isn't spanish, because spanish is "Tierra", which is different from "Terra".

Back on topic, i kinda liked these armies, but there is something not so neat with them, which i can't figure out...
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Post by doodstormer » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:11 am

40k wrote:What happened to the comic you had going with these guys?
I shot it in the face. right on a cliffhanger, too...
pesgores wrote:Did you know the term "Terra" is "Earth" in portuguese?
No, it isn't spanish, because spanish is "Tierra", which is different from "Terra".

Back on topic, i kinda liked these armies, but there is something not so neat with them, which i can't figure out...
And Latin. I know. I used it since I needed a name that would work for space, fantasy, and in between.

Perhaps their uncanny ability to blow stuff up? :P

youaredoome0
Hero

Post by youaredoome0 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:21 am

Nice color coordination and decal work. I like the custom guns.
At some point I just might make a meaningful contribution.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:39 pm

NECRO'D WUT