Several Questions.

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Several Questions.

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:05 pm

I've been away from BrikWars for a while now and there are a few questions that i hope you could help me answer.

What is the difference between MKI, MKII, MKIII... weapons. I mean in terms of stats?( preferably in the case of rockets for shoulder launchers)

Are there any rules for flame throwers?

If you are targeting the ground with a launcher do you still have to roll it's(obscenely high) use rating? and does it still land off target?

Answers for these questions would be much appreciated. :?: :?:

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:15 pm

The Mk. System is used in 2001 Brikwars. Mk.I = 1d10, Mk.II = 2d10, etc.

2001 rules have some, and I made some to work with 2005 rules (the link is to fire in general, but the stats for a flame thrower are in there too).

When you target anything, you get a bonus for how big it is. The ground is (for Brikwars purposes anyways) infinitely large, so you'd get an infinite bonus to skill. Of course, your enemy gets to pick where on your target exactly the shot lands. Think of it like shooting a minifig with a rifle: you may hit, but whether the shot lands in the arm, leg, head, or torso is pretty much up to the target (damage is also exactly the same when it comes to what body part is hit, unless someone specifically wants their unit to have taken a headshot and get killed).

So basically, shooting at a larger patch of ground is easier to hit, but the shot can land anywhere in that patch.

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Post by jifel » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:17 pm

Mk. I, II, and III are all house rules. I just use 1 d6, 2d6, and 3 d6, so Mk. 1 missiles are never used.

again, house rules, but IV did a nice thread on it.

House rules. For obscenely close targets, I add to the dice roll. So Putting it against his head or the dirt means that only an epicfail will stop it, causing it to erupt out the wrong end into the poor dudes face.
Hope tha helps!

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Just thought of this one because it has always confused me. One a stat card when it says something like " Piloting +1 CP " Does that mean that it is another one CP in addition to the cost of the fig or is that cost included one the fig's cost

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:04 pm

no the cost is included. the 1cp is for giving another minifig the same ability that doesn't already have it.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:36 pm

OMG I'VE BEEN DOING IT ALL WRONG!!!

That's What She Said!

February 15 is International That's What She Said Day!

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:54 pm

pıɐs ǝɥs ʇɐɥʍ s,ʇɐɥʇ

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:40 am

Aaaaaannd one more question. If you have dual weapons on a vehicle( such as a double autocannon turret on a tank, do you buy them as two seperate weapons or as one? If you do buy them asvtwo than can you fire both of them in one turn and would they have to be on the same target?

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:28 pm

That's some interesting question. When it comes to me, it depends, if they are big enough, they are used one at a time, but if they are small, maybe they can be considered one and when you lose half of it, you roll normally but you only consider half of the damage.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:36 pm

my rules for firing multiple weapons on a viacle is if there targeting difrent things or are diffrent they need for a minifigure to use his attack.
thats why 3 man tanks are afective, 1 pilots/fires, 1 uses the main weapon and one using the secone weapon if the driver hasnt if the driver has then he can just relax.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

Bluehawk2000
Officer

Post by Bluehawk2000 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Cpt. Zipps wrote:Aaaaaannd one more question. If you have dual weapons on a vehicle( such as a double autocannon turret on a tank, do you buy them as two seperate weapons or as one? If you do buy them asvtwo than can you fire both of them in one turn and would they have to be on the same target?
If its mounted like an old battleship turret* then they can be fired at the same time but cannot aim independently, however is it is two seperate turrets they each need a mini-fig(or computer brain in some cases) to operate each one independently and are fired on the said mini-figs turn. I don't know if thats official but thats how I would do it if I had vehiicles that big.

*The turrets of WWII battleship which typically had three cannons mounted on one turret(American ships anyway, I beleive the British and Germans did it the same way but I don't about the Japanese.)

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:17 am

Cpt. Zipps wrote:Aaaaaannd one more question. If you have dual weapons on a vehicle( such as a double autocannon turret on a tank, do you buy them as two seperate weapons or as one? If you do buy them asvtwo than can you fire both of them in one turn and would they have to be on the same target?
If you have them seperately doing damage, they're seperate weapons and are bought seperately.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:15 pm

But can one minifig fire both weapons in one turn. I already know that they have to be on the same target but can he still do this?

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:51 pm

Cpt. Zipps wrote:But can one minifig fire both weapons in one turn. I already know that they have to be on the same target but can he still do this?
if there two of the same type on the same axles then if there controled from the same controls then yep, but if there difrent type or on difrent axles then no.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:07 am

you can fire any number of vehicle weapons in a turn, as long as you fire it at only one target.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes