stoopid question

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

randomno12
Officer

stoopid question

Post by randomno12 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:23 pm

on a special creation, eg a light mech, would you use the pilot's skill? plus if a weapon has size 2, so the wep is use 6, can i downgrade it?

PS: if i downgraded it, it would do no damage! help!

Plus have any rules for mecha pilots? stat card?
CAKE OR DEATH? That is the question...

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Re: stoopid question

Post by Atomsk » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:21 pm

randomno12 wrote:on a special creation, eg a light mech, would you use the pilot's skill? plus if a weapon has size 2, so the wep is use 6, can i downgrade it?

PS: if i downgraded it, it would do no damage! help!

Plus have any rules for mecha pilots? stat card?
I really have no idea what you're asking. You can downgrade a weapon by making it smaller... and thus give it a lower skill rating.

If the vehicle has a pilot (or a Driver, use that stat card if you want since the concept is the same), you always use the pilot's skill when firing a weapon or doing anything.

Vehicles with huge weapons always run into the problem of increasing difficulty to hit stuff. The way around it is to use minifigs with higher skill ratings, like Drivers, Officers, or Heroes. You could also make a driverless vehicle, and give it a Mind of whatever skill you think necessary to properly use the weapons.

When you think about it, this has precedence in the media. Mechs in Japanese shows and manga are often only piloted by the best and brightest, even going so far as only being able to be piloted by a specifically attuned individual (see Neon Genesis Evangelion). You don't just put any old faceless Minifig in a 6" Heavy Mech with a 8" Railgun. You have a built-in robot do it. Because robots are better than people at everything (see Terminator).

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:05 am

Or you can use it to only shoot really big enemies, so you get a hit bonus.

Or load the gun with explosives and fire into the middle of the enemy army. You will probably hit something then.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Mon May 18, 2009 4:19 pm

targeting computers, my favorite thing.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

randomno12
Officer

Post by randomno12 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:10 am

don't worry, the rules have been updated since i last posted on this topic
CAKE OR DEATH? That is the question...