the "use rating"

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

bob
Demi-God of BrikWars

the "use rating"

Post by bob » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:25 pm

I really don't understand how a minifig can fire a gun on a vehicle with a use rating of 9. I recently had this problem when I examined the guidelines and found that you could multiply the weapon size in inches by three (use rating)if it was on a gun. the gun was 3 inches long, for a use rating of 9. If someone could clear this up for me I'd be grateful.
hi.

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:42 pm

weapons that have huge use ratings like that are used for targeting huge objects. if you roll a 3 (average on 1d6) on the use roll for a UR 9 gun, that's a 6" radius that your opponent gets to place the shot in. most of the time, the thing you were aiming at will cover that entire radius, making it get hit anyway.

welcome to the forums!

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:53 pm

birdman wrote:weapons that have huge use ratings like that are used for targeting huge objects. if you roll a 3 (average on 1d6) on the use roll for a UR 9 gun, that's a 6" radius that your opponent gets to place the shot in. most of the time, the thing you were aiming at will cover that entire radius, making it get hit anyway.
This is a good example. Explosives have higher use ratings, but they have a radius, so what you want to hit will get hit anyway.

There are also several other factors that can give the minifigs bonuses on their use rating (target standing still, the minifig standing still, size).

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Also, don't forget about critical rolls! Rolling the highest face on any die means you get to roll a bonus die on top of it. Combined with size and other modifiers, hitting a target can be easier than you'd think!

It was bad enough when we had weapons with URs of 22.

bob
Demi-God of BrikWars

Post by bob » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:02 pm

thanks! I really appreciate it. now I can get on with blasting apart my little men.
hi.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:45 pm

pha 3inch thats anti ant weaponly, you need bigger guns than that.
the blast radius(and the number of guns) make up for the inacuracy.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:58 am

This has been discussed a lot. I think ti was me who started it, almost a year ago.

But good thing it is now changed.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"