My attempts at making vehicles for my army

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

pesgores
The Dear Leader

My attempts at making vehicles for my army

Post by pesgores » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:41 am

Artillery-like armored vehicle

Truck for deploying troops on the battlefield

Attack buggy

I am not satisfied with these because:
6-They are expensive
7-The design could be better, but I don't know how to do it
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:51 am

I'd say they get better the farther down the post they are.

Doopliss
Hero

Post by Doopliss » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:52 am

The artillery vehicle's gun seems kind of like it juts out of nowhere. You might want to put another 2x1 brick behind it so it connects more with the rest of the vehicle.

I really like the other two, though. I might do away with the buggy's passenger seats and raise the side walls, but that's more a matter of preference than anything. What don't you like about their design?

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:08 am

the first one i have to say is bad.
try more trucklike design with the cab at the front then a large gun on a turntable and hinge for movement.
I've just made one to show you its uploading to factory now.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 am

Doopliss wrote:The artillery vehicle's gun seems kind of like it juts out of nowhere. You might want to put another 2x1 brick behind it so it connects more with the rest of the vehicle.

I really like the other two, though. I might do away with the buggy's passenger seats and raise the side walls, but that's more a matter of preference than anything. What don't you like about their design?
I tried doing like you said. I Don't understand what you're trying to say about the artillery, what you say seems impossible, but I've done those changes in the buggy:

I've made it shorter and added 2 mounts for each side. Also, you can see a regular trooper's gun can fit into the mounts so I guess it is clever there.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:41 am

here's my attempt at a ldd army vechile its a anti guship deffence and guard tank

the vechile has a opening top and can fit a mini-fig in it has computer system's in for control's etc iv'e made a better main battle tank version in real life this one is both compatible with my current army and my ldd one
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:59 am

dilanski wrote:here's my attempt at a ldd army vechile its a anti guship deffence and guard tank

the vechile has a opening top and can fit a mini-fig in it has computer system's in for control's etc iv'e made a better main battle tank version in real life this one is both compatible with my current army and my ldd one
Looks cool. But may be very expensive.

Is it even uploadable to the Factory website?

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:36 am

pesgores wrote:
dilanski wrote:here's my attempt at a ldd army vechile its a anti guship deffence and guard tank

Looks cool. But may be very expensive.

Is it even uploadable to the Factory website?
it's uploadable and buyable it only costs £15 (im not sure of the exchange rate) at the moment it's still a prototype
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Doopliss
Hero

Post by Doopliss » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:56 pm

pesgores wrote:I tried doing like you said. I Don't understand what you're trying to say about the artillery, what you say seems impossible, but I've done those changes in the buggy
Nevermind. I didn't notice that the artillery was connected so it would pitch up and down.

dcl32
Minifig
Location: In Afghanistan providing supressive fire with an M60

Post by dcl32 » Mon May 18, 2009 3:56 pm

Pretty nice truck looks like one of the Zis's or whatever they're called that the Russians used it WW2

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Post by RoC77 » Mon May 18, 2009 4:59 pm

I don't use the LDD factory, is it the same price if you ordered the pieces from Lego directly without going throug the factory? Alternatively, why not find some cheap sets & modify them with peieces you can order from Lego?

Shadow Metagross
Hero

Post by Shadow Metagross » Mon May 18, 2009 8:55 pm

LDD is damned expensive. Just order parts from Bricklink, and use those in addition to what you already have in your collection to make the vehicles in reality.
Stop Laughing and contribute to society.
~SM

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Tue May 19, 2009 1:04 pm

Shadow Metagross wrote:LDD is damned expensive. Just order parts from Bricklink, and use those in addition to what you already have in your collection to make the vehicles in reality.
LDD was affordable before April 2009.

dcl32
Minifig
Location: In Afghanistan providing supressive fire with an M60

Post by dcl32 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:08 pm

I kind of don't like lego factory because its too expensive, Its great if you got
$1000 to spend, but you are only paying extra for the service of them having to customize these sets for you

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Sat May 23, 2009 11:49 am

The buggy is definitely my favorite. The one thing I would change about it would be to raise the gun turret in the back so that you can fire over the heads of the passengers rather than through them. It's ok if the gunner has to stand
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...