Lock 'n Load | Brik-End Kingdom's military

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Lock 'n Load | Brik-End Kingdom's military

Post by Nitewatchman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:20 am

Hello, everyone. I was just thinking about how I've only ever posted one battle report, and how 've never really even gone into detail about my military force...

Well, a few crappy pictures and a couple minutes of uploading later, I stand prepared to show you what I roll. There are a few more minifigs and large units which I pull out of my butt at times that I did not include in this report, but they're pretty unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

So, without further paragraphs and gibbity jabber, I present to you my army and its vehicles.

I figure I'll start with my infantry squads.

Squads:

The first, pictured below, is Blue Squad. They're your bread-and-butter riflemen squad. There ar four rifle-wielding troops, an officer, a medik, and a mechanik. Though it is hard to see, the riflemen have those Halo-style assault rifles from Brick Arms.

Next comes Tan Squad. They're a fairly diverse squad, boasting a sniper, a heavy gunner, an M-16 and grenade carrying rifleman, a shotgun homie-G, an officer, and a Heavy Healer. Once I get a more fancy camera, i'll take coem close-ups for you guys. I'm pretty proud of my squads. Oh, and both the offers of Blue and Tan squads have those Brik-Arms revolvers

Next comes the Clone Trooper squad. Brik-End kingdom was once a fairly primitive outpost, so the Empire managed to get it under their control. Some time later, the citizens revolted, formed a militia, and defeated the Imperial troops on the planet. The clone trooper detachment had been more-or-less forgotten by their Empire, so they quickly ssurrendered to the militia-men and joined forces. The squad consists of a healer, four clone riflemen, an officer, and a scout.

And next on the list is the Farce Knight squad. Harnessing the power of the Farce, as well as their laser swords, the Farce Knights came in with the Clone detachment, but unlike the clones, slowly mixed in with the citizens. Eventually, they fell under the direct command of the Baron, new ruler of Brik-End Kingdom. They generally stay behind the lines and hold down the fort.

Now for the most formiddable squad of all...Ninja squad! Our group has pretty much cast aside any sort of crankiness, so long as the numbers of previously cranky units are within the bounds of reason. The squad is made up of five ninjas and a ninja/officer hybrid. He has the spider gymnastics ability, as well as Ninja movement, but does not have the Close Combat speciality, or the Ninja armor or feat ability.

There is also the Baron and his squad of bodyguards. The baron is, of course, the man with the ginormous pole-weapon. He is surrounded by his son, seen near the back with the cape, the Beastmaster, Santis the Strong, the Black Knight, and the Wizard. This squad is generally kept towards the back, alongside the Farce Knights.

The last and most recent squad is the Necromancer's squad. It is made up of the Necromancer, two skeletons, and a Ghoul.

Heroes:

The firstof my Heroes is the Sorceress. She commands magical power, channled through her staff, and is an expert at long-range spellcasting. She has been standing beside the various rulers of Brik-End Kingdom since I first started into LEGO's...so, naturally, she had to be my Hero. She fits into the "magical" clique, in terms of her Heroic Feats.

My second Hero is the Halbard, an armored, super-strong Hero who fears nothing. He's not some wussy Hero that stays in the backround commanding the troopers...he charges into the fray and sends enemies flying with his massive weapon and feats of Heroic strength.

Vehicles:

The first vehicle I'd like to display is my new "Battle Bus". I don't really have a proper, awesome name for it yet, but I guess that'll do for now. I took a bunch of pictures, so I'll just post them all below. I basically took the Clone Turbo Tank set and made it less skimpy and conservative. I increased the floor space in the loading bay to accomodate more troops, changed the way the sides folded out, and reconfigured the under-carriage. I also just put the engine at the back and made the pilot's station a lot simpler. Oh, and let us not forget the cannon on top. That block that it sits on is the space where the cannon operator sits. It can be removed and set up as an emplaced gun if necessary. There are also cannons under the pilot's staation(not pictured) and an A-A gun just behind the cannon.

I also built a battleship of sorts. It has two cannons running along either side, built into the frame, and two more guns mounted on top. One particle cannon, and a double-barreled cannon Four an extra punch. There are also two missiles mounted near the back on either side. It has a pretty detailed interior, and takes a crew of three to run properly. I'm pretty proud of the interior.

And here begins Gray Squad. I didn't include them in the first list because they don't use a squad plate. Gray squad pilots two vehicles, and the entire squad is made up of pilot units, exlcuding the officer. The first of which, pictured below, is a tank. It has two cannons on the main body, and a second double-barrel long-range cannon mounted on top. A separate pilot for the top-mounted cannon means that the vehicle can actually fire twice in one turn.

And here comes my finest model...I am incredibly proud of this one. It's a mech, origionally intended to be more of a hard suit. It's got a pretty bulky cockpit, but the legs balance it pretty well. I was surprised by my self when I made the feet, and I really wish I had a better camera so you could grasp the awesomeness of their design. The mech has a big fist on its right hand, and a long cannon on its left. It has a rifle it can hold, butboth the cannon-hand and the rifle ccan be dropped. The left hand-thing has the ability to deploy an energgy shield, and the right hand has a beam sabre set at the wrist. This allows the mech to transform from a ranged weapon to a elee weapon, which I find pretty amazing. It also "transforms" into a hovering sort of vehicle. The legs fold back, the arms raise up, and there's a booster pack on the back of the mech that folds open to propel it. Pretty nift, in my opinion.

Oh, and all trhee gray squad pilots have those nifty pulse rifles from Brick Arms. The mech's pilot can stash his weapon under the control panel and bust it out in the event that the mech is disabled.

Any way, here's the pictures of it....

Once again, sorry about the crappy pictures, but I figured I probably look like a n00b. I post on these forums all the time, and none of you have ever really even seen my army.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:02 am

you need more lighting

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:05 am

Cpl. Halan wrote:you need more lighting
And a better camera.

^^
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

Shadow Metagross
Hero

Post by Shadow Metagross » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:54 pm

Seems too shipshod, slapdash and just plain unorganized.
Good job for Brikwars.

You need less lighting on some of them, It seems like you put a floodlight on a chrome wall.
Stop Laughing and contribute to society.
~SM

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:16 pm

you need more lighting and you should not use flash close up and indoors its what gives those really bright pictures where you can't make out eney details.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:42 pm

The best setting for taking pictures? There's a little flower somewhere on your camera. Click it, and it will give you better closeups.

This looks like a very cool army. Big Mike's got competition!
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Ever heard of focusing?
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:47 pm

james+burgundy wrote:Ever heard of focusing?
I have.

My camera hasn't. xD

But I'll work on getting some better photos. They're actually pretty orderly.
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:21 pm

Nitewatchman wrote:
james+burgundy wrote:Ever heard of focusing?
I have.

My camera hasn't. xD

But I'll work on getting some better photos. They're actually pretty orderly.
Yes it does. Learn to use your camera better. Trust me, unless you're using a cameraphone, there's a way to focus your shots. Look for a little button with a flower on it, for starters.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:21 am

I was seeing the minifigues, and I thought "Boring..." but when I got to the vehicles I looked.

Good job!
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:39 pm

pesgores wrote:I was seeing the minifigues, and I thought "Boring..." but when I got to the vehicles I looked.

Good job!
Thanks! ^^

@ IVhorseman:

I'll keep looking, but I really don't think it has a way to focus a shot like that. It's an older camera.

Wait! Ah-ha!

I have prevailed! It isn't a button, it's a switch!

Who would've thunkified it?
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV