Implied mini-fig? Is it possable.

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Bluehawk2000
Officer

Implied mini-fig? Is it possable.

Post by Bluehawk2000 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Can there be implied mini-figs in vehicle that can't actually fit the mini-figs. This is mostly tanks as building one that can hold a mini-fig is hard normally and in LDD is almost impossable.

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:35 pm

no. says so right in the 2001 rules.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:39 pm

You can with your own rules, but it's kind of lame.

A good example would be a hardsuit that people have made that do no hold actual minifigs, but have a minifig head sticking out. It is obvious that there is a minifig inside of the hardsuit, but the minifig is not actually there. It would be easy to just make another minifig and if, for some reason, it exited the vehicle you could just plop it down on the battlefield, but it's cool to make vehicles that actually hold full figures.

Bluehawk2000
Officer

Post by Bluehawk2000 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:26 pm

OneEye589 wrote:You can with your own rules, but it's kind of lame.

A good example would be a hardsuit that people have made that do no hold actual minifigs, but have a minifig head sticking out. It is obvious that there is a minifig inside of the hardsuit, but the minifig is not actually there. It would be easy to just make another minifig and if, for some reason, it exited the vehicle you could just plop it down on the battlefield, but it's cool to make vehicles that actually hold full figures.
Agreed, it is <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> cooler for the vehicle to hold mini-figs, but unfortunatly in LDD it is almost impossable to make a tank that can fit mini-figs in it. If you know of a design that can be easily replicated in LDD it would help <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a>.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:28 am

I've been considering making independent stats for Hardsuits in the same way that we made independent stats for Horses.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:42 am

Theblackdog wrote:

I've been considering making independent stats for Hardsuits in the same way that we made independent stats for Horses.
What I do (if the minifig is able to exit) is just do the cost of the suit and then add the cost of a basic pilot as well, but it could easily be any type of minifig. The hardsuits that I have now are binded to the minifig's body though, so I didn't include the cost, I just added the cost of the skill in with everything.

randomno12
Officer

Post by randomno12 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:27 pm

i need hardsuit rules! by hardsuit do you mean like Natalya's mechs and my mechas? Like small piloted robots? because this would solve my problems
CAKE OR DEATH? That is the question...

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:33 pm

Why do hardsuits particularly need their own rulesets? In fact, what's stopping you from using a hardsuit as a steel-gun horse?

Horse rules only exist because they're a template for any vehicle with one driver. Hardsuits especially tend to be smallish, so it works out.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:21 am

i avoid hard suits, small walkers work for me, bipedial walkers or quadopedial walkers are fine for me.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:35 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Why do hardsuits particularly need their own rulesets? In fact, what's stopping you from using a hardsuit as a steel-gun horse?
Wow that's a good idea, I need to add that as an example photo for that section.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:28 am

I just count those 2 mechs as having pilots who are merely wearing the mechs as a sort of armour with servo-motors so they are linked to the machine and the two are inseparable. So like it's a creation, but you can headshot it. The idea is that it would take a pilot longer than an average battle to get out of it.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:57 am

IVhorseman wrote:Why do hardsuits particularly need their own rulesets? In fact, what's stopping you from using a hardsuit as a steel-gun horse?

Horse rules only exist because they're a template for any vehicle with one driver. Hardsuits especially tend to be smallish, so it works out.
Two things...

1) the way that people build hardsuits vs. the way they build horses. Since Brikwars is a LEGO war game, I think this really should be taken into account. Hardsuits generally have multiple weapons mounts and interchangeable weapons (for a good example, see my ancient M-121 on mocpages), while gun horses have a single MKI gun with fixed stats. For hardsuits, my idea is to have them be able to carry 2 minifig weapons of any type.
2) horse armor is pathetically low. I understand that horse stats were meant for Quikwars-style games where there are no big vehicles, but even so this ruleset could benefit from a unit with better armor. I'd suggest 1D10 for a hardsuit (and double to 2D10 for major battles)

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:26 am

Read the horse rules again, bub. A steel horse has armor of 1d10 already.

Keep in mind, these are just quick stats for a generic hardsuit. A "horse" is simply any single-passenger vehicle, which a hardsuit is. If you only have one weapon on it, which is your most basic hardsuit, then you could easily just use steel-gun-horse stats for a hardsuit. If you're going for more armor or weapons than that, you probably shouldn't be using a horse template and should just go straight to creation rules.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:36 am

i think the inplied minifigure in a hard suit can be 1 of many things like a person so scard from battles they are rewarded a suit so they can keep fighting so they don't catch the dreaded "peace", or a suit to reinforce a hero or to simply supply heavy weaponry.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?