For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Brütal Legend

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:43 pm

http://www.brutallegendgame.com/us/index.html

Do you like Heavy Metal? Do you like killing things mercilessly? If you answered yes to both of those, don't you wish that there was some kind of way to combine the two into something that would make a Norseman cry? Then this is your game.

Brütal Legend follows a roadie for a heavy metal land who gets transported to the land of metal, where vikings, babes, and guitars are the bread and butter of civilization. You of course, are one brave metal head trying to (insert quest here).

The game also features the voice of Jack Black as the main character, with appearances by Lemmy Kilmistir (of Motorhead), Rob Halford (Judas Priest's vocalist) and even Ronnie James Dio (of Dio) as the voices for various bosses. The game isn't released yet, but god I'm even more excited about this than I was when I got my Heavy Metal Activity Book.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:06 pm

I WANT TO PLAY IT SO BAD!

I saw a review for it like a year ago and have been wanting it since then.

Professor Fairfield
Hero

Post by Professor Fairfield » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Which hopefully doesn't mean Brutal Legend will be watered down into a stupid, cutesy shadow of its former self.
The difference between Autism and Optimism? Autism is a mental disorder; Optimism is a SEVERE one.

Stormzen
Hero

Post by Stormzen » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:32 pm

I heard about this a couple years back, maybe 2007. It looks amazing. I mean, look at it. The guitar literally melts faces!
Almighty Benny wrote:That's so true, Adam probably would shoot his own foot off and crash into a wall.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Jack Black is in my army. I have a Minifig of him. It Looks like an Awsome game.

Professor Fairfield
Hero

Post by Professor Fairfield » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:07 pm

This seems the appropriate time to ask: How the hell do I type an umlaut on a standard Roman keyboard?
The difference between Autism and Optimism? Autism is a mental disorder; Optimism is a SEVERE one.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Honestly I just copy/paste em.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:14 pm

Do German keyboards have a key for umlauts and es setts?

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:27 am

I dunno, but for me you write it by pressing the " button and then another letter. like a,o,e,i,u&y.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:35 pm

Bumping this because the old site is down and the new one is up.

This does basically look retardedly awesomely metal. Apparently they tossed Ozzy in the mix and he's just as brütal as ever.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:51 pm

I saw a video of the developer showing off the game at E3

The playable version looks just as metal as ever

Apparently it's an open-world, mission based game through the most metal environments imaginable. You build your own hotrod which you can drive around and destroy shit with, and you get a giant axe and guitar as your primary weapons.

There are also a bunch of allies who you can find in the game, and you can combine your moves to make all new move sets (I assume this is to keep the action from getting too repetitive). You can also learn different button combinations to play different riffs on your guitar.

This is the game that might persuade me to buy a PS3.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Professor Fairfield
Hero

Post by Professor Fairfield » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:49 am

One thing I sure wasn't expecting from a Br''utal Legend site is having to sit through ten minutes of a metrosexual MC talking about I-Phones and business plans. I'd tolerate it if I was actually there, and they needed to do something while waiting for Schafer, but why did that part of the video have to be on the site? Maybe EA demanded it be there so we could hear them boast. If so; bad idea, as reminding me what asswipes they are makes me less willing to buy a game and support them, even one as awesome as this.

EA, contrary to what that guy said, does not dominate the business by attracting the best talent. Rather, they forcefully assimilate it with money that they save up by skimping on the customer service department, and rereleasing hacks of their sports games. Pathetic.

I love the looks of this game, but I don't know if I'll sink to the level of buying it from EA, especially not if I have to buy an expensive PS3.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:20 am

In a way I agree with you on that one, EA is not the greatest company in the videogaming industry

Maybe it's because I have less personal integrity, or maybe it's because I just don't really care, but I'm still probably going to buy this game. Rather than dwelling on the fact that I'm supporting EA games, I like to think of it as supporting myself by treating myself to a sweet-ass game like Brütal Legend. As far as not supporting evil companies, I think I draw the line somewhere between Wal-Mart and Halliburton

On an unrelated note, as if umlauts couldn't possibly get more metal, the way you type them with a keyboard is by holding down Alt and hitting 666 on the number pad.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:03 pm

They're alt 666? Seriously? Jesus, that HAD to be intentional. There's no way that could get more metal.

EDIT: It just got more metal.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:42 am

That was just plain frickin awesome. I am going to get this game! I love they way it looks,i like the almost cartoony still games. This is teh ossum metal stuffs! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!