Need Help for Stealth Rules

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Smifery
Champion
Champion

Need Help for Stealth Rules

Post by Smifery » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:18 pm

Does anyone have any good rules for minifigs that are hiding? For instance, say you have a sniper fig. If he snipes an enemy, what happens? I've heard that people roll dice to see if the enemy finds him, but what next? If he's not spotted, your opponent's men don't know where he is, but your opponent does. If you’re playing fair, he shouldn’t get to do anything about the sniper and proceed as normal, he’ll obviously have his men steer clear of the sniper. Also, if you play so your opponent doesn’t know where your sniper is (if you replace it with a marker), how does your opponent know that you’re not cheating?

Infiltrating the enemy army is also a problem. Sure, the men don’t know that you’re in there, but your opponent does. And if your objective is to kill the enemy general, he’ll keep the general away from your troop. Anyone know how to keep it realistic, yet simple? Thanks.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:17 pm

steath works best in forum battles since then the host can just not take pictures of the area its in or remove it for the pictures and then put it back after.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:21 pm

I don't know about stealth, but one way you could do infiltration is you put numbers on the backs of all the minifigs, and also write down the # of your infiltrator on a piece of paper and placed somwhere both of you can see it so there's no peeking or changing. Then, when said trooper gets close enough to the enemy General, turn the paper over and assume control!

I did something like this in my Battle of I-75, but it only worked because I was a (mostly) impartial moderator and not the guy who was doing the infiltrating or the one who was being infiltrated.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:55 pm

Stealth rules for "in person" battles? Generally, I just say that you can't attack a stealthed unit.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:26 pm

tahthing wrote:steath works best in forum battles since then the host can just not take pictures of the area its in or remove it for the pictures and then put it back after.
Yes. My opinion is the same as yours.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

tahthing

Post by tahthing » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:39 pm

pesgores wrote:
tahthing wrote:steath works best in forum battles since then the host can just not take pictures of the area its in or remove it for the pictures and then put it back after.
Yes. My opinion is the same as yours.
i noticed that, seting up decoys(that brick with dots on was funny) is good way of stoping people seeing the things you would see (eg:2x2 plates the same colour as the ground) if you where there.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:08 pm

Easy. Have the stealthed unit represented by a flat black 1x1 cylinder. Have the other player(s) leave the room when you move it. There is no skill roll to find it, the other player just has to spot the cylinder.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Greenkey15 wrote:Easy. Have the stealthed unit represented by a flat black 1x1 cylinder. Have the other player(s) leave the room when you move it. There is no skill roll to find it, the other player just has to spot the cylinder.
I was about to suggest this.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am

[quote="Greenkey15"]Easy. Have the stealthed unit represented by a flat black 1x1 cylinder. Have the other player(s) leave the room when you move it. There is no skill roll to find it, the other player just has to spot the cylinder.[/quote]

I would amend "flat black 1X1 cylinder" to "any piece the player wants". A flat black brick would look out of place in, say, a forest battle; the player should be able to choose something that blends into the environment a little better.

tahthing

Post by tahthing » Fri May 01, 2009 9:55 am

well the steathed units camofrge would only be for 1 enviroment so the colour should not change.

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Fri May 01, 2009 2:57 pm

I think the black flat cylinder is OK, because you still have to be careful where you move the stealthed unit.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sat May 02, 2009 4:17 am

tahthing wrote:well the steathed units camofrge would only be for 1 enviroment so the colour should not change.
But then there's autocamo.

tahthing

Post by tahthing » Sat May 02, 2009 5:40 am

pesgores wrote:
tahthing wrote:well the steathed units camofrge would only be for 1 enviroment so the colour should not change.
But then there's autocamo.
whats that??

randomno12
Officer

Post by randomno12 » Sat May 02, 2009 5:41 am

what about the rules tbd used in brikpocalypse
CAKE OR DEATH? That is the question...

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat May 02, 2009 6:36 am

Rayhawk already made stealth rules that work fine : http://www.brikwars.com/downloads/cards/scout.jpg
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.