Star Wars Supplement

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Tue May 05, 2009 3:44 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
birdman wrote:many are of the impression that it is superior, just too in-depth. think of 2001 being to 2005 what rogue trader was to 4th edition.
4th edition is awesome and you know it (seriously, I just came back from the most brutal delve in my life).

Oh also (Rayhawk, listen up), they plopped gnomes AND bards into PHB 2, so Büttrøck can live again.
um, i was talking about 40k.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Tue May 05, 2009 3:45 pm

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
it can't desolve into chaos without somebody saying that.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

knight508
Champion
Champion

More Supplemental Things

Post by knight508 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:56 pm

Here's a selection of the units (again, 2001 Edition) available in the addendum to this supplement, which will be added within the next week or so.

Clone Trooper
  • Move: 4"
    Armor: 1d6+7
    Skill: 1d6
    Cost: 9 CP (14 CP w/ equipment)
    Specialty: none
    Ratio: None (troop)
    Equipment:
    +[Blaster Carbine |Range 14"|UR 3(6)|Damage 1d6+1]+
    +[Clone Armor (+1d6 AV)]+
Rebel Officer
  • Move: 5"
    Armor: 8
    Skill: 1d6+1
    Cost: 10 CP (16 CP w/ equipment)
    Specialty: Leadership (+2 CP)
    Ratio: 1 for every 5 troops
    Equipment:
    +[Blaster Carbine |Range 14"|UR 3(6)|Damage 1d6+1]+
    +[Macrobinoculars]+
Imperial Engineer
  • Move: 5"
    Armor: 8
    Skill: 1d6
    Cost: 9 CP (19 CP w/ equipment)
    Specialty: Mechanikal Ability
    Ration: 1 per Vehicle
    Equipment:
    +[Blaster Pistol |Range 12"|UR 3(6)|Damage 1d6]+
    +[Mechanik's Tools]+
    +[MkI Explosive |Range --|UR 3|Damage 1d10+3 exp]+
You have been destroyed, wiped out, and disintegrated. Defeat is imminent.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Re: More Supplemental Things

Post by pesgores » Thu May 07, 2009 3:54 pm

knight508 wrote: Clone Trooper

Armor: 1d6+7
WTF Isn't that too overpowered?
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Thu May 07, 2009 3:55 pm

yer especialy for a mass unit!
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

knight508
Champion
Champion

Overpowered?

Post by knight508 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:03 pm

pesgores wrote:WTF Isn't that too overpowered?

TL+1 is the basic Trooper Armor. 6+1 = 7. +1d6 for armor = 1d6+7. Slightly overpowered, yes, but I prefer to use 2005 Minifig stats with 2001 rules and Specialties.
That actually is one of my biggest peeves of 2001 ed. All Units and Platforms are just too hard to kill![/quote]

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Thu May 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Actually, there are no D6es involved. The AV is just seven. Also: when you're using TL6 units with high AVs you generally want to equip them with either Gyro rifles (same stats as 2005 rifles but with 1D6+3 damage) or Impact rifles (UR 5, Rng 12", Dmg 2D6). My houserules for anti-infantry weapons include a (+TL-3) modifier, so that standardized weapons will increase in power to match increasing AVs.

knight508
Champion
Champion

You gotta think about _armor_!

Post by knight508 » Fri May 08, 2009 4:18 pm

The 1d6 is for their armor.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sat May 09, 2009 4:00 am

birdman wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:
birdman wrote:many are of the impression that it is superior, just too in-depth. think of 2001 being to 2005 what rogue trader was to 4th edition.
4th edition is awesome and you know it (seriously, I just came back from the most brutal delve in my life).

Oh also (Rayhawk, listen up), they plopped gnomes AND bards into PHB 2, so Büttrøck can live again.
um, i was talking about 40k.
What's sad is that even though I knew what Rogue Trader was, I still thought you were talking about D&D4e.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Re: You gotta think about _armor_!

Post by Theblackdog » Sat May 09, 2009 6:31 am

knight508 wrote:The 1d6 is for their armor.
It still needs to go. If I read this supplement right your armor is 7+1D6, but your weapons' damage is 1D6+1. Do you realize exactly how hard it will be to kill someone with this much armor, using a 1D6+1 gun? You would need to roll a six, and then roll again and get something almost as good. I would consider my army roughly equivalent to clone troopers, and they have 7 armor (without a die roll) and guns with 1D6+3 damage. The chance of a 1D6+3 gun killing a trooper with AV 7 is exactly 1/2.

knight508
Champion
Champion

Stat Cards

Post by knight508 » Mon May 11, 2009 4:59 pm

I'm uploading some stat cards for this supplement. I've been noticing that the stat cards on this forum can be a little *koff koff*... lacking. So, naturally, I've decided to spice up this forum a little bit by adding some stat cards relating to Star Wars. Whaddya think?

Tarren
Dimmy

Re: Chaos has Risen

Post by Tarren » Tue May 12, 2009 3:55 pm

knight508 wrote:This entire thread is rapidly dissolving into chaos. The point of this was to act as as sounding board for a new supplement, not an infantile argumentation arena. :evil:
Get used to it, this IS the Brikwars forums.
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Wed May 13, 2009 12:53 am

Theblackdog wrote:It still needs to go. If I read this supplement right your armor is 7+1D6, but your weapons' damage is 1D6+1. Do you realize exactly how hard it will be to kill someone with this much armor, using a 1D6+1 gun? You would need to roll a six, and then roll again and get something almost as good. I would consider my army roughly equivalent to clone troopers, and they have 7 armor (without a die roll) and guns with 1D6+3 damage. The chance of a 1D6+3 gun killing a trooper with AV 7 is exactly 1/2.
I must not have written this section of the rulebook very clearly, because I read this same argument over and over again. If someone has so much armor that it's incredibly difficult to kill him with one shot... use two. Little guns do just as much damage as a big gun, if you have enough of them.

I think it was one of the things that made the 2001 games a lot more interesting, tactically; you had to coordinate attacks a lot more, since troops working alone had less ability to be effective.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed May 13, 2009 6:07 am

Rayhawk wrote:
Theblackdog wrote:It still needs to go. If I read this supplement right your armor is 7+1D6, but your weapons' damage is 1D6+1. Do you realize exactly how hard it will be to kill someone with this much armor, using a 1D6+1 gun? You would need to roll a six, and then roll again and get something almost as good. I would consider my army roughly equivalent to clone troopers, and they have 7 armor (without a die roll) and guns with 1D6+3 damage. The chance of a 1D6+3 gun killing a trooper with AV 7 is exactly 1/2.
I must not have written this section of the rulebook very clearly, because I read this same argument over and over again. If someone has so much armor that it's incredibly difficult to kill him with one shot... use two. Little guns do just as much damage as a big gun, if you have enough of them.

I think it was one of the things that made the 2001 games a lot more interesting, tactically; you had to coordinate attacks a lot more, since troops working alone had less ability to be effective.
Really? I just used higher-tech weapons to offset the high-tech armor.