11%
Vikings
30%

Total votes: 37

Carrnevil9
Officer

Event: First Brickwar Battle -Solo-

Post by Carrnevil9 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:30 pm

First order of business: I have one 'army' figured out already, but I need to decide on a second. If you would kindly, vote in the poll on what a group of spiky haired pilots should fight. The mecha will be 'off limits' for the battle and merely there for decoration. Unless I really want to bring them in.
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:42 pm

By "off-limits" does that mean that you can't cush an opponent by shoving one over?
Nice battlefield.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:45 pm

"Off Limits" means they're locked out and shouldn't be able to be used. If one were to... suddenly tumble, it would likely have enough mass to turn anyone beneath it into a fine paste. But they wouldn't be easy to topple.

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

Matt
Officer

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:05 pm

Vikings, because you would have a hard time getting anything more Brikwarzy. :D
"One can never have enough miniguns my friend."
I hope I get to say that Someday.....
My Flickr
http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vi ... &ref=flink

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:12 am

i'd just go with whatever you have the most of. but assuming an infinite supply? battle droids. exo-force drones lack creativity for this engagement (and by your construction, lacking arms as well). battle-droids are a good high tech match up for something like this. you also have a lot of creative liberties when making them: i personally use about 5 or 6 battle droid variants.

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:27 am

25 Battle Droids
21 Clone Troopers
17 Vikings
30 Crownies
27 Skeletons
20 EF Drones

Keep in mind the 27 Exo pilots are nearly all armed with close range weapons. The only exceptions are 3 'bowmen' and my special Pogo Rocket Trooper.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:03 pm

I voted skeletons, mostly because I'm rather unbiased on this topic. Skeletons are my army anyways, so I wanna see what they can do.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:45 pm

wow, 25 battledroids? did you get an MTT or what?

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:23 pm

Not a one. Might buy it for the guns, but I have 3 of the droid battle pack and the new Hellfire droid pack, and I was counting SBDs.

Matt
Officer

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:41 pm

If you want to be "Realistic" then go with the battle droids or Exo-force robots.
"One can never have enough miniguns my friend."
I hope I get to say that Someday.....
My Flickr
http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vi ... &ref=flink

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:18 am

I voted for Vikings, but now that I see that you have 17 of them, I realize it wouldn't be a very fair fight. Better leave out 5 of them to even the odds. :)
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:47 am

Fair? Fight? Since when has fighting been about being fair?

That being said, I will be evening the teams a bit since the Vikings have no long range units. The reason I asked everyone was not so that I would have even numbers, but to see who everyone wanted fighting. And thus far it seems the Vikings are more or less the runaway answer.

Battle START!
*pause till later*

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:52 am

Battlefield Overwatch:

-Vikings-
A group of fierce vikings has decided to attack a mobile suit base just for the hell of it. Instead of trying to break through the front gate or squeeze between the 3 stud wide gaps in the wall, they now attack by the apparently unguarded back door.
Nearby, an Imperial Dropship has made an emergency landing. The only survivors of the landing were 3 Snowtroopers and 1 Imperial Pilot, all of which immediately decided that nothing with green hair should be allowed to live and immediately joined with the vikings.

-Pilots-
Unfortunately for these pilots, the Vikings managed to bypass all their defenses by attacking from the unguarded side of the base. Without the gate to slow the Viking attack, the mecha are nearly all too low on energy to be used. Red Group pilots just happened to be near a large cache of axes and a katana, while the Pilot Hero was practicing his pogo-stick rocket jump technique. Seen in background are Blue Group taking up sniping positions in a utility tower with their +9 Ogre Slaying Bows. As luck would have it though, none of the Vikings or Imperials are Ogres.

Orange Group was doing repairs on a mech when the Vikings began their attack. They are equipped with "Thorzbane" hammers and "Vrad's Impairer" spears, with their group leader utilizing two high-torque wrenches.

Finally, White Group (who it should be noted were totally expecting the Vikings to attack from the other side of the gate) is armed with replica "They Men" swords and Chainblades, while their leader is using dual tazers.

Alright, enough background fluff. I'll begin the battle when I wake later today.

blackwing77
Officer

Post by blackwing77 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:38 am

Carrnevil9 wrote:+9 Ogre Slaying.
:lol:

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:02 am

Carrnevil9, you're a master. The battle hasn't even started, but I'm very excited and I really love your writing style and sense of humor. And that isn't even enough for you, I just simply love the weapons your troops are holding. They're beautiful. Quite large, but it's just good. It gives you +2 to Strength.
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><