Professor Fairfield is back--and he's brought friends!

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Professor Fairfield
Hero

Professor Fairfield is back--and he's brought friends!

Post by Professor Fairfield » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:00 am

So, now that it is Summer, I'm back at home with my brother and parents and the smell of several sorts of manure all at once. That kinda sucks. Not all is bad, however; as I am also back with my Lego collection! Long ago my brother and I wanted to play Brikwars, but my parents made us clear the room. Fortunately, they are now willing to leave our game alone, so look for a thread on the battle, soon!

Meanwhile, most of my Legos still need washing from the way they collected dust, but I've brought out my army already! Take a look!'

I don't know whether I sound d a p p e r, or pathetically macho, or maybe both, when I say this, but It's raining men! Men with guns! Halelujah!

One rifle squad, two assault squads, and one long hair from me!

AK-47 or Thompson SMG? At this range, either should mow you down!

There's a few trooper's I stood apart from the above 27, for sake of uniqueness. Here they are!

Resident Alien. Actually, I have no idea of what to call this dude, but he has a space helmet and a lazer. Perhaps I should give him a rocket pack as well.

Tipsy McBoozerton, who just can't stand upright. The real reason is that his legs, for whatever reason, are way too flexible.

Tom Fairfield's Ghost Recon. Some ghosts come from the afterlife. Others send you there. This one does both!

The psychotic demolitions expert on our team is known as Crazy Igor. He's a good shot with his pistol, because he usually is too impatient to wait for the fuse to burn up!

Our hero, Spitaur! This 12-limbed terror uses his spider-sense to wield his revolver and Desert Eagle with deadly efficiency and accuracy. He also can run much faster than the average man. Currently taking suggestions for what sort of heroic persona he should have.

All of my vehicles currently completed, although the bus has a few blocks fallen off, and the carnoe needs a weapon. Not shown are the artillery craft I am still building, and the pitiful excuse for a tank that broke each time I moved it, and broke completely when I threw it against the wall in reaction to that.

More to come!
The difference between Autism and Optimism? Autism is a mental disorder; Optimism is a SEVERE one.

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:07 am

Nice army, and it's good to hear you have someone to play Brikwars with, now.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:08 am

Nice army, i like the Spitaur.
You have many classic castle helmets.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:59 am

I like your army. McBoozerton and the Ghost Recon are my favourites. Nice ideas.

Funky Weasel
Officer

Post by Funky Weasel » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:41 am

Awesome army - I particularly enjoyed the Spartans With Machine-guns on the far right of the second image. The hero is pretty awesome too - if he is a dark side leader then an Action Villain Cliche could work.

Infact you inspired me to make a topic on the idea. Cheers!
CONGRATULATIONS - you just WON The Game FOREVER. Or you can carry on being a humourless nugget - your call.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:36 am

Maybe I missed it, but does your army have a name? I was thinking "The Red Pants Legion"

My favorite is definitely Tom Fairfield's Ghost Recon. I liked the name, but then I laughed when I saw the pic. Awesome
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Professor Fairfield
Hero

Post by Professor Fairfield » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:24 pm

Funky Weasel wrote:Awesome army - I particularly enjoyed the Spartans With Machine-guns on the far right of the second image. The hero is pretty awesome too - if he is a dark side leader then an Action Villain Cliche could work.

Infact you inspired me to make a topic on the idea. Cheers!
I thank you. From what I've seen, the Warlord seems the best personality for Spitaur, although I would like to suggest two revisions: One, that it could be a Good alignment persona, too, although it probably works best for chaotic leaders of either alignment. That's what my army is primarily, chaotic. Their specific description falls somewhere between anarchists, communists, and pirates. As to the Second suggested revision of Warlord, Austrian isn't the only accent that could work--Spanish could work very well. So could just about any accent from a country in anarchy.
Almighty Benny wrote:Maybe I missed it, but does your army have a name? I was thinking "The Red Pants Legion"
Thank you, but they don't all have red pants. Their color-coding is red and black, but I was not strict in which color applied to their shirts or pants, so some have black shirts and red pants; others have red shirts and black pants. No; they don't have a name yet.
Almighty Benny wrote:My favorite is definitely Tom Fairfield's Ghost Recon. I liked the name, but then I laughed when I saw the pic. Awesome
Indeed he is. Out of curiosity, has anybody proposed a way to do stealth in Brikwars?
The difference between Autism and Optimism? Autism is a mental disorder; Optimism is a SEVERE one.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:11 pm

not to my knowledge

It seems it would be difficult to have a stealthy unit when your opponent can clearly see the unit on the battlefield.

Perhaps a "stealthed" soldier can cause attacking units to take a skill penalty?
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Funky Weasel
Officer

Post by Funky Weasel » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:49 am

There's a couple of fairly standard war-game ways to represent stealth -

*. Infiltration - during movement swap out a non-named enemy minifig for yours.

*. Late Deployment - minifig starts the game off the board. Place the stealthed unit on any board edge or inside any concealing cover at the start of any movement phase. Use ability once per game.

*. Ambusher - during movement minfig (or monster) can be deployed at the edge of any concealer cover whenever an enemy moves within 6". Shamelessly stolen from some of the funnier stories I heard about 40k's "Unexpected Lictor lol lol lol!"
CONGRATULATIONS - you just WON The Game FOREVER. Or you can carry on being a humourless nugget - your call.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:05 pm

Check out the stat cards for the scout, ninja, or sniper, because they're totally right there.

Professor Fairfield
Hero

Post by Professor Fairfield » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:07 pm