Games

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:57 pm

IVhorseman wrote:please, it was all about the hover legs. bipeds are for quitters!
Well, I usually kept three mechs. A reverse joint with sniper rifles and hover boosters, a biped with a crapload of weapons and legs with blades mounted on the knees (shame I couldn't use them) and a hover-tank armed with the most powerful weapons I could find (including a back mounted plasma cannon that deals 5973 damage)
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:35 pm

Jemulov wrote:Anyone ever play Lego Island and Lego Rock Raiders?

I spent sooooo many hours on them. I wish I could find my Island disk though... :(
I loved those games! I've still got my Rock Raiders disk kickin' around somewhere....
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:52 pm

DarkWolf wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:please, it was all about the hover legs. bipeds are for quitters!
Well, I usually kept three mechs. A reverse joint with sniper rifles and hover boosters, a biped with a crapload of weapons and legs with blades mounted on the knees (shame I couldn't use them) and a hover-tank armed with the most powerful weapons I could find (including a back mounted plasma cannon that deals 5973 damage)
you put the linear cannon (i may even remember the part name: MWG-LC-10 i think) on a hovering mech? as in, it would have to stop every time it wanted to use it? gah. oh, and if you're using OP-intensify, then you're labeled a cheater by every serious AC fanatic. ahahaha, oh i remember the good old days when the Karasawa used to be good.

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:56 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
DarkWolf wrote:
you put the linear cannon (i may even remember the part name: MWG-LC-10 i think) on a hovering mech? as in, it would have to stop every time it wanted to use it? gah. oh, and if you're using OP-intensify, then you're labeled a cheater by every serious AC fanatic. ahahaha, oh i remember the good old days when the Karasawa used to be good.
no no no no no no. I'm talking about Armored Core: Nexus here. And it's a hover-tank leg. Half-again the mobility of regular tank legs, and it lets you fire a heavy gun while moving. And it wasn't the linear cannon, it was some super plasma cannon. Only ten shots, but it was the most powerful in the game. Against a light mech, two or three shots would wipe it out. Another heavy would take about 5.
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:05 pm

DarkWolf wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:
DarkWolf wrote:
no no no no no no. I'm talking about Armored Core: Nexus here. And it's a hover-tank leg. Half-again the mobility of regular tank legs, and it lets you fire a heavy gun while moving. And it wasn't the linear cannon, it was some super plasma cannon. Only ten shots, but it was the most powerful in the game. Against a light mech, two or three shots would wipe it out. Another heavy would take about 5.
ok, yeah i know the part. it's the nexus version of the same part i just described. don't remember the name, but it was collectively reffered to as THE linear cannon, as opposed to the wave of linear cannons that used solid shells and were simultaneously horrible and great.

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:54 am

*Looks around room at Rock Band drums, pile of green cases, Black DS on bed*

Uhhh... Call of Duty 4, Orange Box, Rock Band, Megaman ZX Advent, Front Mission, Earth Defense Force 2017, Mass Effect, and Psychonauts.

and Armored Core 4 was fun, being unable to overheat and all...
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 am

Games. Where should I begin? I have grown up with PC and games. I can still remember the joy of playing Team Fortress online when I was a little kid. And then of course the Big Red Racing, which was some old but hilarious racing game. Too bad it's so old. I miss those times. GTA, NHL and Tomb Raider, not forgetting CS 1.6. Those were the PC games of my childhood.

Nowadays I have much more to choose. We got a new PC for Manly Santa Day, and now it has these games:
FlatOut
FlatOut 2 (you know, FlatOut is Finnish game :))
LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Battlefront II
WarRock
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Counter-Strike: Source

And someday we'll install Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Star Wars: Republic Commando. I also dream of having Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142. So no lack of games in addition to a full locker of board games from Risk: Star Wars edition to The Hobitt and Kimble.
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:44 pm

Carrnevil9 wrote:*Looks around room at Rock Band drums, pile of green cases, Black DS on bed*

Uhhh... Call of Duty 4, Orange Box, Rock Band, Megaman ZX Advent, Front Mission, Earth Defense Force 2017, Mass Effect, and Psychonauts.

and Armored Core 4 was fun, being unable to overheat and all...
YES. i don't care who says rock band is for people who can't play an actual instruments, it's FUN dammit! and i play guitar, so there.

although wtf no more overheating in AC4? that was my entire winning strategy with all my heat-inducing weapons!

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:09 pm

Well, I'm currently playing: C&C Generals, a kick-ass game shooter called Fraxy, Star Wars Jedi Outcast (sweet) and a sack full of GBA game (such as: Advance Wars 2, Fire Emblem 1&2, Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow, etc.) Seriously, look into Fraxy, It's a freeware top-down shooter were you can build your own enemies in the editor. Links for Fraxy: Main Game & Expansion pack (+350 new enemies, new sound and a bunch of other cool stuff)http://www.chabuzz.com/game/2007/08/31/ ... -download/
If your gonna walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:16 pm

EvilTobbacconist wrote:Well, I'm currently playing: C&C Generals, a kick-ass game shooter called Fraxy, Star Wars Jedi Outcast (sweet) and a sack full of GBA game (such as: Advance Wars 2, Fire Emblem 1&2, Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow, etc.)
Do you mean Fire Emblem 7&8? The two GBA Fire Emblems we have over here are much delayed in the series *crosses fingers for Wii Virtual console release of 1-6.* I'm also going to point out there's a new Advance Wars coming out the 21st with totally different COs, plot, etc (edit: for DS mind you). If you still need more grid based turn taking GBA action, I'd suggest looking into Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Yggdra Union, and Super Robot Taisen (1 and 2.)

And I'm sorry to mention this IV, but the current idea as far as AC4 is to never touch the ground or just eternally boost right above it. Now, it has been a long time since I've played, but I'm still rather certain overheating is gone.
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:15 pm

gears of war is the best game for xbox360 EVER!
as for warhammer CHAOS can not be beaten. it would be cool if someone made a chaos brikwars army. realy cool indeed :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Post by Silent Mobius » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:22 am

Well have a bag choc full of old Game Boy (Without Color) through DS games. Not to mention my newly acquired PSP on which I play Monster Hunter Freedom 2.

On my wii I play twilight Princess over and over.

360 I play mainly Halo 3 and Assasins Creed these days.

On my PS2(only next gen console I don't have is the PS3 *tear*) I play the Original Monster hunter and Final Fantasy along with 100%-ing Kindom Hearts one and Two.

On PC I have Neverwinter Knights 2, Starcraft, Warcraft-Dos through Warcraft 3 (aka the best RTS's ever) and finally Rise of Legends.
Get that corn outta my face!

Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Post by Silent Mobius » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:54 am

DarkWolf wrote:Right now I'm addicted to Warhawk (first MMO for a console, and a PS3 exclusive no less!) and Halo 3, but I've stopped there for a short while, A) I don't have XBL, and B) I'm on one of the flood levels and I've run out of ammo (not a spoiler because you'd have to be an idiot not to expect Flood in the final Halo game) so I'm down to meleeing these huge arsed bastards that can kill me in one hit :/
... I'm pretty sure thats not the first Massive Mutiplayer Online (am I right ) game on a console... I know for a fact Monster Hunter came out as an MMo for the PS2 not to mention Fantasy Star series and Final Fantasy 11 for the 360.

Edit: Sorry for the double post but he neds to get his facts straight (don't worry though, don't take this too seriously)
Get that corn outta my face!

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:02 pm

Silent Mobius wrote:
DarkWolf wrote:Right now I'm addicted to Warhawk (first MMO for a console, and a PS3 exclusive no less!) and Halo 3, but I've stopped there for a short while, A) I don't have XBL, and B) I'm on one of the flood levels and I've run out of ammo (not a spoiler because you'd have to be an idiot not to expect Flood in the final Halo game) so I'm down to meleeing these huge arsed bastards that can kill me in one hit :/
... I'm pretty sure thats not the first Massive Mutiplayer Online (am I right ) game on a console... I know for a fact Monster Hunter came out as an MMo for the PS2 not to mention Fantasy Star series and Final Fantasy 11 for the 360.

Edit: Sorry for the double post but he neds to get his facts straight (don't worry though, don't take this too seriously)
Meh, sorry about that. I really don't pay attention to things as stupid and pointless as facts.
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:09 pm

Woohoo, I beat Ratchet & Clank Future this morning, now onto Resistance!
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: