The return of the Ranger: S2H.

Pay attention

Moderator: Bonn-o-Tron

The return of the Ranger: S2H.

Postby Ranger S2H » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:32 pm

greetings!

as far as I can see there are only a few people who might remember me, or at least a few people I remember:
IVhorseman,
Almighty Benny,
and of course the uber supreme overlord brikwarrior, Mike Rayhawk.

I have never been on these forums, but the abovementioned might know me from the old Frappr ones.
I am Ranger S2H, and S2H means Scott in a way not understandable by mere mortals, but for some reason it is also hard to decypher for leaders of yellow ones. I currently live in The Realm of morons, the one known to mortals as "holland". due to a series of severe accidents and experiments involving time fluctuations devices, my age is impossible to define, but for simplicity's sake you can consider me 17.

now, why am I here? and where the hell have I been?
I don't know really why I stopped visiting the brikwars forums and site, but anyway, I must admit I have been playing other wargames. in the beginning only warhammer 40k, but lately I have also been doing some inquisitor and necromunda, and I've just started reading through the rulebooks of Battlefleet Gothic and Epic armageddon.
through the fact I used my lego figs for necro and inquisitor, or out of pure nostalgia, I dropped by the brikwars site. out of boredom and sleeplessness, I read through the entire 2005 and 2001 rulebooks, and then it hit me: I suddenly realised Brikwars had everything I missed in all these other games! the chaos, the lack of seriousness, and some game mechanics I really love are only a few things, and I have decided to return to my wargaming roots, in an attempt to rediscover my inner brikwarrior and to tame the anorakish beast inside me.

a history:
I discovered brikwars through brickfrenzy.com (which I in turn discovered through google). after reading the battle reports used google again in a quest to discover brikwars. I succeded, and decided to use the system to settle the coldwar between me and the complete idiot known as "m little brother". this is the point were I got stuck in wargaming.

things to know on S2H for those who have nothing better to do:
my faction/army is called the adamas ranger corps
I have a section on my ipod with soundtracks from games and movies which i like to play during battles
I have something with snipers, and sometimes use them as the ranged counterpart of the ninja.
I live in a constant battle with 4 idiots.

so far the story on my past and return, now the future:
at the time of typing, I have just finished the VWO, dutch highschool. I am going to the University of twente, which means there is a chance I might have more money and space. my plan is to completely restart my PBB collection, taylored for wargaming. this way, I no longer hve to share my legos with the 4 idiots, whos "undesired" destruction capabilities have never failed to amaze me. I am also planning to get some custom stuff this time.

so far my story, you now know my history, my fall, my return, and my plans.
now bring on the destruction! summon the yellow ones! to battle!
Ranger S2H
Cannon Fodder

Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Postby birdman » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:12 pm

Welcome back, traveller.
And kudos on finding those battle reports; i've tried and tried but never could.
birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Almighty Benny » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:12 pm

Hey, good to hear from you S2H! You will definitely like it here.

I've always pronounced your name as "Scott"

"S" as in "Snake", "2" as in "hot cup of 2ffee", and "H" as in "Massachusehs"
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:01 am

Very, very vague memories.

Normally I frown upon "hey look at me!" threads, but for a triumphant return I suppose it's called for. Welcome back.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Rody » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:10 am

hey, look, another person from the netherlands, and he's also just finished VWO.
what a coincidence.

and welcome back, even though I have no way to have known you before.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby lrdofbricks » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:14 am

i feel so proud of myself, i actually read his entire essay.
welcome back man, even though you left long before i started.
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"
lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Postby pesgores » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:25 am

Well, it's always nice to welcome somone who is into BrikWars again. Welcome back!
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Return to Announcements