Let's Talk About Pot

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Let's Talk About Pot

Postby Natalya » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:38 am

Think it should be legal? Think it should stay illegal? Smoke/Grow/Sell Pot? Yes? No? Maybe-So?
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Warhead » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:03 am

Well, I haven't tried pot or anything else so perhaps my frame of reference is too narrow but for what I believe to know from my own experiences I would say... (Sorry for being all serious or if this seems condescending or whatever but I have an opinion and a lot of life experience with drug addicts and seen a load of stuff I hope you never will.)

Underage use up to when the brain has finished physical development (21 yrs old I think) Is a BIG no. It is supposed to increase the likelihood of mental illness significantly in developing minds, more so in teenage males. I believe this to be true (despite wondering if the MAN is just telling us that to stop it's use) because of all the prisoners we get with mental problems who all smoke pot and are in their teens. I think if you are pre-disposed to mental illness this stuff will make you far worse, thing is you will not know until your teens which is when these problems seem to manifest if they are going to. Also the heavier the use the more likelihood of going mad. Now, I'm not talking a bit paranoid or just a bit weird I'm talking accredited mental diamond club card holder mental.

Recreationally it's probably ok in moderation like anything else. Otherwise alcohol needs to be looked at too and you'll have to prize my beer glass out of my cold dead hands, so back off. The only thing is the criminals who use it to subsidise their organisations. But if it wasn't illegal then this could be resolved. but it would then gives mixed signals to underaged users.

As for anything heavier like Heroin etc. Every criminal I knew from the start of my carrier in the Police who is a drug addict is now dead. Every one of them, young men who never lived to see their 30's and I'm talking lots of them, maybe as high as 30-40 people.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Build me an Army worthy of Mordor

Postby Natalya » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:11 am

Well I didn't want to get into other drugs like Heroin... But umm the only known mental thing is that in young kids like u said, if they are genetically predisposed towards having schizophrenia then yea it can make that worse, so IMO a system similar to tobacco would make sense where if you're under a certain age you aren't allowed to buy it.

Since it will come up eventually:
I personally have never tried it.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya

Postby Stuff Is Possible » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:26 am

No Poll?
Do you dare doubt the possibility?!
TROLOLO
Stuff Is Possible
Hero

Location: Corona, California, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, The Universe.

Postby Warhead » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:26 am

I know some people who have tried pot and they are really cool folk, but their not cool because of the pot there just cool people. Others I know are dickheads but they always will be no matter what they use.

I don't mind what people get up to so long as they don't cause annoyance or worse to others or waist themselves into pointlessness. If I was an aggressive drinker I would quit. It's that simple *shrug* not that I'm a heavy drinker or anything but I do enjoy a couple of pints once in a while. I suppose if someone used pot along the same lines then it would be fine but as with drink not while at work or driving and so on like Bonn-o-Tron.
Motherfucker!
Warhead

Postby Warhead » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:28 am

Polls are anonymous spam, the title says lets talk, so talk.
Motherfucker!
Warhead

Postby Stuff Is Possible » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:28 am

Warhead wrote:I do enjoy a couple of pints once in a while.
Said the Hobbit.
TROLOLO
Stuff Is Possible
Hero

Postby Stuff Is Possible » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:29 am

Warhead wrote:Polls are anonymous spam, the title says lets talk, so talk.
But she offered choicesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
TROLOLO
Stuff Is Possible
Hero

Postby Natalya » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:32 am

Of which you have presently taken none. Nor have you put forth any of your own positions. Therefore your posts thus-far have not contributed towards the discussion. You may remedy this situation by offering your own opinions and viewpoints regarding the subject at hand.

Post #888
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya

Postby Stuff Is Possible » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:35 am

NatalyaAF wrote:Of which you have presently taken none. Nor have you put forth any of your own positions. Therefore your posts thus-far have not contributed towards the discussion. You may remedy this situation by offering your own opinions and viewpoints regarding the subject at hand.

Post #888
Oh noes, it is Zombie Jesus' number, but on the side that matters I think that if they do legalize pot that they should force those when smoking it to move away from others as to decrease 2nd hand smoke.
TROLOLO
Stuff Is Possible
Hero

Postby Stuff Is Possible » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:40 am

Day Man! That show is hilarious.
TROLOLO
Stuff Is Possible
Hero

Postby Warhead » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:40 am

Anyway, here in Scotland were getting lots of Chinese buying up housing property then wrecking it and putting in hydroponics to grow pot. They even booby-trap the lot with all sorts of stuff so if there's a raid they'll kill someone. Like the doors set up to the mains and incendiaries and stuff. They get illegal to tend to the lot and the electricity is scammed off the mains illegally too so they don't get spotted for over use of electricity and so traced. But there are still ways of spotting the houses used.

Each cultivation is worth a load of dosh and they are getting more and more common.
Last edited by Warhead on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Motherfucker!
Warhead

Postby Stuff Is Possible » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:41 am

Warhead wrote:Mehh, as you wish.

Anyway, here in Scotland were getting lots of Chinese buying up housing property then wrecking it and putting in hydroponics to grow pot. They even booby-trap the lot with all sorts of stuff so if there's a raid they'll kill someone. Like the doors set up to the mains and incendiaries and stuff. They get illegal to tend to the lot and the electricity is scammed off the mains illegally too so they don't get spotted for over use of electricity and so traced. But there are still ways of spotting the houses used.

Each cultivation is worth a load of dosh and they are getting more and more common.
That sucks.
TROLOLO
Stuff Is Possible
Hero

Postby Warhead » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:45 am

Clever little bastards criminals, they have all the fucked up inventive people.
Motherfucker!
Warhead

Postby Moose » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:49 am

Well Considering that pot ranks number one in American cash crops (pulling in somewhere near 37 billion a year) it does seem a bit stupid to ban growing weed. But of course you have these political shit-heads who claim that weed "eats away at the fabric of society". Yes I do smoke weed. Yes I think it should be made legal in every way shape or form, but I have no doubt in my mind that along with legalization will also come several bullshit "fine-print" laws that will inevitably screw over the recreational smoker.

It's a shame that some people can't wake up and realize that pot is no different than alcohol, just another way of relieving stress, unwinding and relaxing for once, but hey what do I know I guess they prescribe weed to cancer patients for another reason...
TROLOLO
Moose
Hero

Next

Return to General Discussion