New vehicles for Urban Assault. Tank, buggy, and truck.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Bluehawk2000
Officer

New vehicles for Urban Assault. Tank, buggy, and truck.

Post by Bluehawk2000 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:45 pm

The Cheetah light tank.

Made from plans "found" by the UA mercenaries in a German tank factory, which is why it uses the cult naming system. Unlike most tanks it uses wheels instead of tracks so it is able to move at higher speeds, however this also requires it to be lightly armored. Due to its small size it only fits a crew of two, a driver and a gunner. It's main gun can fire many types of shells depending on the situation such as, the sabot, HE, "shotgun"(for aircraft and potentialy zombies), among others.

The real reason for the wheels is that LDD doesn't have treads, and I've always wanted to see what a Cheetah Tank(the Germans still use the cult naming system) would look like, and bbeing named after the fastest land animal,it should be that fastest tank ever. yes it fits a minifig in the driver's seat, that was the hardest part. A full minifig doesn't fit in the turret, just the upper torso. those grill peices next to it go on the back on the bottom of those slopes. The last picture is of a mod to make it faster (more cp in a game to upgrade).

Assault Buggy

A basic buggy used by the UA mercenaries for various purposes. It has a 50 cal. MG on the back for anti infintry purposes.

There's not much to say about this. Oh, the things on the back and in the passenger's hand is the new standard gun for UA, it's based on a guy at Classic Space's design for the Halo assault rifle so credit to him, even if I forgot his name.

Transport Truck

There's not really much to say about this really.

Light air speeder

Yet again not much to say, lost my creativity on the tank I guess.

This isn't even my other projects, atleast one of which I hope will end up really awesome. The tank plan origin might make an interesting Brikwar.
NatalyaAF wrote:I declare you God of LDD.

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Post by MasterEcabob » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:37 pm

Awesome job on the buggy, that thing is perfect! The truck could use some work though.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:38 am

All of them are great and I wanna steal their design.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:43 am

Oh man, I love your shield idea on those .50 cals. I might just steal that if it's okay.

Funky Weasel
Officer

Post by Funky Weasel » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:02 am

Likewise - it'll be a good way to add a lot of gun turrets to the large vehicle I'm building.
CONGRATULATIONS - you just WON The Game FOREVER. Or you can carry on being a humourless nugget - your call.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:00 pm

I like the Assault Buggy. The tank has a good idea behind it but you can't call it a tank if it has no treads.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

tunasailor
Minifig

Post by tunasailor » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:14 pm

Nice combo there, good for brikwars, I like the buggy most it is so well made.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:31 pm

Oh, and if you wanted to know it, "gepard" is German for cheetah.

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Post by RoC77 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:37 pm

I like the Cheetah, it's a real clean SNOT turret design. But, the front end of it needs a bit more work.

Gunney
Minifig

Post by Gunney » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:32 pm

True, you can't call it a tank, but does the phrase "Armored Fighting Vehicle" sound cool or what?!?
Remember, there are no such thing as Athiests in foxholes. There's also no such things as foxes in foxholes.

Bluehawk2000
Officer

Post by Bluehawk2000 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

MasterEcabob wrote:Awesome job on the buggy, that thing is perfect! The truck could use some work though.
Anything specific about the truck that needs work?
pesgores wrote:All of them are great and I wanna steal their design.
I could probably make a recolor of them for your army.
OneEye589 wrote:Oh man, I love your shield idea on those .50 cals. I might just steal that if it's okay.
Use them if you want, I think I got them from someone else anyway.
Funky Weasel wrote:Likewise - it'll be a good way to add a lot of gun turrets to the large vehicle I'm building.
How big exactly?
NatalyaAF wrote:I like the Assault Buggy. The tank has a good idea behind it but you can't call it a tank if it has no treads.
How are hover tanks still tanks then?
tunasailor wrote:Nice combo there, good for brikwars, I like the buggy most it is so well made.
I've tried like four times before to make a buggy before succesfully making this one. :D
OneEye589 wrote:Oh, and if you wanted to know it, "gepard" is German for cheetah.

But then most people wouldn't be able to understand the name.
RoC77 wrote:I like the Cheetah, it's a real clean SNOT turret design. But, the front end of it needs a bit more work.
Yea, I'm going to try to remak it eventually.
Gunney wrote:True, you can't call it a tank, but does the phrase "Armored Fighting Vehicle" sound cool or what?!?
Isn't that what a tank is, only in a bigger longer to type word.

Gunney
Minifig

Post by Gunney » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:08 am

Technically by some definitons a tank is a Nonstatic Assault Platform. Also known as a Mobile Bunker.

But then again, this is coming from the people who came up with Infantry Tank, Cruiser Tank, Calvary Tank, and any other useless designation.

In short term, if it has treads and a big main gun, its a tank. If it has infantry inside it, wheeled or tread, its a APC. If the infantry can shoot OUT, its a IFV, if its wheeled but with a big gun, its an armored fighting vehicle.

So..yes..All tanks are AFV's, but not all AFV's are tanks.

Isn't classification fun?

Also, to the Hover Tank thing, thats a misonomer. Its not really a hover "tank"
Its more or less an armored, floating, gun platform. So its ALSO an AFV.

.....I swear classifications are so stupid. If I ruled classifications, I'd say anything thats armored with a main cannon is a tank. Add onto specifics. Turreted Tank. Tank-ette. Infantry Support Tank. Walking Tank. Mecha Tank. Tank with strippers. Tank with boobs. Tank with...you get the picture.

However, my classification system would eventually bore me and i'd go back into the original just so I could actually make posts in Armored Fighting Vehicle threads harassing other people.
Remember, there are no such thing as Athiests in foxholes. There's also no such things as foxes in foxholes.

Bluehawk2000
Officer

Post by Bluehawk2000 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:43 am

Gunney wrote:Turreted Tank. Tank-ette. Infantry Support Tank. Walking Tank. Mecha Tank. Tank with strippers. Tank with boobs. Tank with...you get the picture.
Every army needs one of those last two. :lol:

Funky Weasel
Officer

Post by Funky Weasel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:38 am

Bluehawk2000 wrote:
Funky Weasel wrote:Likewise - it'll be a good way to add a lot of gun turrets to the large vehicle I'm building.
How big exactly?
Aiming for 14"+ depending on whether or not I have the parts. It's going to be hellishly blocky.
CONGRATULATIONS - you just WON The Game FOREVER. Or you can carry on being a humourless nugget - your call.

VirusU571
Champion
Champion

Post by VirusU571 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Definatley love the buggy man, but your basic weapons (rifles and such) need some work.
oh and mabye try to put some treds on that tank, it'd look way better :)