A preview

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:32 pm

GURPS has accounting, finances, and economics all as seperate skills. point and match.

Boomer
Hero

Post by Boomer » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:52 pm

IVhorseman wrote:GURPS has accounting, finances, and economics all as seperate skills. point and match.
Overlapping fields, none quite the same. FTW!

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:54 pm

dude, i'm used to playing Brikwars, where anyone designated a "pilot" can just as easily row a boat as commandeer a space shuttle. and well... i like it that way!

Carda
Officer

Post by Carda » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:08 pm

Incidentally, with seven armies, I'm keeping the body counts low (a hero, a pilot, a sniper, a ninja, and four standard minifig troopers) while allowing players to rez their troops by spending treasure, acquired from chests, at a central location. I'm sure this will lead to quite a bit of mayhem as the various teams start losing members and try to bring them back to life.

There's also going to be plenty of vehicle and mech action, as each faction starts with a small vehicle, a handful of small mechs begin the scenario scattered around the field of battle, and each faction has a massive summonable THING (to go into more detail would be giving to much away) that can be acquired in a similar way to troop resurrections.

Yes, I will be taking my camera. X3
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:57 pm

My favorite review of GURPS:

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:11 pm

haha one time I was at borders and they had d20 rules for haveing sex in roleplaying games like 200 fully illistrated pages or rules (wtf)

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:18 am

I can't possibly imagine anyone actually WRITING a 200-page book on how to roleplay sex knows enough about having sex to write 200 pages about it.

That is so ridiculous that it almost makes me ashamed to be a geek.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:23 am

Ah, but geeks would find interesting (and grotesque) filler information to throw in there. And I can imagine the skills list for that is extravagant. And I can see the prestige class now:

Slut
Fortitude save: +9
Gains a +4 to skill checks related with poison.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:24 pm

Ah yes: The Book of Erotic Fantasy. We came across this at our local gaming store once and I tried and tried to convince my girlfriend that she wanted it for her birthday. But she wasn't convinced, so it sadly remains unpurchased.

Boomer
Hero

Post by Boomer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:56 am

I always liked the 2nd edition rules, which I adapted to other games.

Can you imagine the look on my jedi players face when she went to use force guided navigation and my only response to her attempts to reach out with her feelings was "You're pregnant." "Seriously, you reach out with your feelings and there is a living thing, right there inside you." "It's been 2 weeks, cell division is in full swing, it's a living thing."

...good times.

Stormzen
Hero

Post by Stormzen » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Rayhawk wrote:Ah yes: The Book of Erotic Fantasy. We came across this at our local gaming store once and I tried and tried to convince my girlfriend that she wanted it for her birthday. But she wasn't convinced, so it sadly remains unpurchased.
Ugh. Don't even get me started on that thing, one of the guys in my gaming group has it. Good thing that they won't let anything like that within a 200-yard radius of the library where we play. Or used to, we haven't really played D&D for months, so now all we do is eat cookies and play Magic: The Gatering when not fighting over Mountain Dew.

Anyway, GURPS isn't really my cup of tea. I prefer D&D because it's the first RPG I played. But I never really bothered with the stories the DM made; we all play like it's BrikWars and take huge risks and take ridiculous actions. I think I'm the only person ever to get owned by a church bell in the history of gaming.

EDIT: Is that an Irregular Webcomic reference in the skeleton's name?
Almighty Benny wrote:That's so true, Adam probably would shoot his own foot off and crash into a wall.

Carda
Officer

Post by Carda » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Yes, Death In Charge of BrikWars Combat is a direct reference to the Department of Death (for lack of a better term) in Irregular Webcomic. Ironically, he was (if I recall correctly) the first hero to die in Sunday's campaign...

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:25 am

Who collected him?

Carda
Officer

Post by Carda » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:35 am

One of his troopers managed to rez him at the Ancient Tower, but he soon afterward became a ballistic weapon aimed at two of my units. The report is about a third done, I'll hopefully have it up before next Monday.

Incidentally, my tax refund hit the bank today, and tomorrow my wife and I are trekkin' down to the Lego store in Anaheim. ^_^ Hopefully I can get enough sets and minifigs to make one or two new factions.