noob question

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Fulizer
Minifig

noob question

Post by Fulizer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:22 am

what happens when a vehicle is damaged? the rules say that makes it go down a size, does this make all the weapons go down a size too?

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:05 am

Nah, that would be ridiculous.

Fulizer
Minifig

Post by Fulizer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:47 am

didn't think so. what about launching missiles? does a missile/rocket (can't remember what the rules calles them) become removed from a vehicle after i use it? or does it have infinate ammo?

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:49 am

Missiles and rockets can only be fired once.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:33 pm

rolling on this is my favorite way. otherwise use component dammage.

KER-POW table
1. In a flash of revelation as the weapons blast hits, the driver of the vehicle realizes that his destiny in life is to become a hero of great renown. The driver of the vehicle gets one Stupendous Feat per turn for the rest of the game.
2. The engine is hit lightly and begins to smoke. The vehicle is at a -2 Skill to be hit by enemies.
3. The driver spends some time ranting at how badly the other drivers on the battle field are driving. The vehicle continues in a straight line at max speed, for one turn.
4. The driver gets a bruised elbow. -1 Skill modifier.
5. The shot hits the weapons systems, and a weapon falls off. One weapon of defender's choice is destroyed.
6. The shot hits the weapons systems, and a weapon falls off.
7. One weapon of the attacker's choice is destroyed.
8. The driver can no longer take the stress of combat, and finds solace in his bottle of Arsenic Vineyards '76. -1d6 to all Skill rolls.
9. The steering wheel becomes disconnected. The vehicle moves at maximum speed for every turn following, and the players alternate steering (straight lines only).
10. The motive systems (wheels, treads, etc.) fall off. Vehicle operates normally, except now it can't move.
11. The driver blows up. The vehicle flips over and crashes. The vehicle is useless.
12. The engine shoots out of the vehicle. The vehicle can no longer move. Weapons fire is allowed.
13. The driver gets lost and has to ask directions. The vehicle cannot move or fire for one turn.
14. The driver stops to heed nature's call. The vehicle may not move of fire for one turn.
15. The driver of the vehicle becomes so enraged that someone blasted the paint job of his vehicle that he swears a Personal Death Vendetta against the trooper or vehicle that hit him. The vehicle must do everything in its power to destroy the trooper or vehicle that made the shot.
16. The stick shift gets stuck in reverse. The vehicle may only move backwards at 1/2 rate.
17. The back wheels of the vehicle get shot off. The vehicle may only move at 1/2 rate.
18. A cunning enemy causes critical damage to the vehicle. All weapons on the vehicle are destroyed.
19. The vehicle's crew is killed. All troopers in the vehicle are killed. The vehicle is still intact.
20. The engine blows up in a tremendous plume of fire. Everyone cheers at the beautiful sight. Vehicle is destroyed and all models within 4" of the vehicle take a 1d10 DV hit.

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:19 pm

1: the vehicle gose down an armor size i think.
2:missiles should be visable on your vehicle and you should be able to remove them, i class rockets and missiles difrently:

missile:
missiles range in size from ones that need special launchers and cause massive damage, to the smaller one commonly seen on fighter jets.
missile payloads vary, from small warheads to large warheads and also diffrent explosive power.

rockets:
rocket also come in one kind (but the size and how explosive there payload is varys)
but there launchers come in two, one kind has a rack of rockets(not visible on vehicles) that have "infinate" ammo, the second type are hand held much like RPGs.

infinate in wargame terms means that it has enought ammo to fire everly turn if it wants to but in real life it would be limited to like 200 shots, but who plays 200 turn games?!
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:11 am

Not to mention that it would probably be destroyed in turn 3.

Fulizer
Minifig

Post by Fulizer » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:02 am

so my gunship (available to see in the link below), which has 4 missiles, can shoot four missiles for the totality of the game? would it be possible to reload such rockets? (although on my gunship that would be impossible, the missiles being mounted on the wings) what of explosives, are they only used once or do they have infinate ammo?

http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2979

also I'm having some problems balancing my forces, could someone please link me me to some player-made units so i can see what good costs/stats would be.

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:54 am

Nothing that is a rocket or a bomb has infinite ammo. you can reload rockets if you have extra rockets lying around.

EDITATION: For the balancing forces thing, check out chapter 8 in the 2001 rules.

Fulizer
Minifig

Post by Fulizer » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:18 am

now that CC bonus and power don't exist woudn't that put unbalance the unusual skill cost (+1CP for +2 Skill)

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:17 am

think of reality!

in real life you can't pull a new missile out of nothing!
read the rules!
if i want to shoot a missile 3 times i need 3 missiles.

if you want infinate ammo use machine guns or rocket-pods.

basically you get as many missiles as you have.
you can load up 10 missiles into the hold of a plane, but you can only fire missiles that are on a launcher.

reloading wing mounted missiles is hard and would need a high skill role for the minifigure to manage to hang on to the wing whill putting a new missile on the launcher.

explosives are the same.

basically only guns where you can't see there ammo at the scale of the game.

have you even read the rules more than once?

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

Massam
Dimmy

Post by Massam » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:22 am

Don't worry about only having four missiles...if that plane lsts for 5 turns, you're playing wrong.
everyone < massam

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:34 am

if a plane has four missiles i would see it being used at most for 5 turns.

turn 1: fire one missiles
turn 2: fire one missiles
turn 3: fire one missiles
turn 4: fire one missiles
turn 5: crash the plane into something.

or

turn 1: fire all missiles
turn 2: crash the plane into something.

Fulizer
Minifig

Post by Fulizer » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:38 am

It is also intedned as a transport, so it always has a use! (gettting loaded with exploives THEN crashing into something!)