Possible Future Lego Games

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Possible Future Lego Games

Post by RJ » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Everyone knows that after Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 there will be more Lego Games (TT). Here are the ones they could make (No stupid ones like Family Guy).

1. Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Well only J+B could have doubts about this one.

2. Lego Toy Story
It could actually happen. In February 2009, Lego formed a Deal with Disney to make Cars, Toy Story and 2010 film Prince of Persia sets. Since Toy Story is a trilogy (Toy Story 3 coming 2010) this could work. As long as I get to play as Slinky.

(Real Minifigure Prototypes from Toy Fair 2009)

3. Lego Prince of Persia
As I said above, Lego have rights to the 2010 film Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. If Disney goes on to do Warrior Within and The Two Thrones to complete the trilogy, there is no doubt that this game will happen.

(Real Minfigure Prototypes from the Toy Fair 2009)

4. Lego Matrix
Since The Matrix was made by Warner Bros. and Warner Bros. currently owns TTGames, This could be one of the future Lego Games. Lego Bullet Time would be great.

5. Lego Terminator
Admit it - At least once your have thought of this. There is no garrantee that this will happen but if they got rid of the gore and swearing this could work. Even the levels could work if you could have two Terminator's for the opening scenes where Arney finds some clothes.

6. Lego Lord of the Rings
A great Trilogy (Maybe with added 'The Hobbit') but it is owned by New Line Cinema. One thing is the fact that on one TTGames Developer's CV it listed:
Working on Lego Indiana Jones 2
Working on Lego Harry Potter
Worked on Hobbit Demo to give to Peter Jackson
This is no doubt proof in itself that TTGames want to make a Lego Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit game. As long as Peter Jackson plays along I think this could be the next one after LHP:Y14. To be honest i just want to cross Golem with a Nazgul.

7. Lego Back to The Future
No Proof or speculation - just hope.

8. Lego Narnia
Who wouldn't want to reenact the great battles in TLTWATW and PC. plus a mystery third film that im not sure the name of.

9. Lego Racers
A remake of the original with the proper lego racer sets. Combat Racers like Mario Kart, WipeOut, and Modnation Racers rock.

10. Lego Football or Lego Sports (Not both)
LF would be a remake of Soccer Mania (which i love even though i hate football). LS would be Lego Football, Lego Basketball and Lego Hockey put together. since all three are separate Lego themes this would be great. You could have three sperate stories - one football, one basketball and one hockey. in each you must become the best football/hockey/basketball team ever. It would also shut up cricket, rugby and golf fanboys from being themselves.

Probably only a Wii exclusive though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More to Come.
Last edited by RJ on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?

OneEye589
Pooplord

Re: Possible Future Lego Games

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:33 pm

RJ wrote:1. Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
2. Lego Toy Story
3. Lego Prince of Persia
4. Lego Matrix
5. Lego Terminator
1. Yes, it should happen.

2. No. Toy Story is about toys anyway. They aren't going to make a game about ACTUAL toys all being Lego. That's just stupid.

3. No. Prince of Persia started out as a game anyway, didn't it? Why make the same game in Lego form?

4. No. The Matrix has too much death in it and it's not very child-friendly. Some adults have a hard time comprehending the entire idea of The Matrix.

5. No. Terminator has too much violence in it for a Lego game. That's what it's all about.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Yeah, harry potter could be possible, but I think lego doesn't owns teh Harry Potter title since the fourth movie. I don't think the other ones are possible to be announced.

Although I wish lego/TellTale realize the potential of a standalone Castle-themed game! Something hack'n'slash or return of the king style gameplay-only in lego, with a funny not gross design. Now THAT would be awesome... I guess.
(I won't mind if they'd only just make another lego sw-syle game in castle theme)
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:20 pm

I just think that a game that plays just like Brikwars, but looks like an RTS would be awesome.

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:33 am

1. Indiana Jones: Heart Ripping, Face Melting, Propellor Chopping, Hand Burning, Strangling, Sticking faces onto tank tracks, Aging to Death, stabbing with pindgeon on a stick. Thats just the begining but none of those made the game so whats saying that they couldn't tone down Terminator and The Matrix?

Star Wars: Limb severing in more than one occasion, War, severed heads, war, severed legs , war, burning to near death by Lava, war, Etc, War.

2. There are millions of Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Harry Potter and batman games but they are made into Lego. Whats sayuing they won't make Prince of Persia

3. Did any of you read the reason's? Lego Toy Story and Cars sets. Unless you want Lego Cars, Lego Toy Story is our best hope. Anyway, Toy Story is what made the creator's of WALL-E recognised - Bugs Life was highly underrated. And - Who wouldn't want to fight Stinky Pete as the DollHead/Macano Spider thingy?
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:58 am

edited original post

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:24 am

Indiana Jones and Star Wars are different cases. What's Terminator about? A robot coming back to solely kill a person. That's all he's doing. That's all any of the movies are about; killing a person. Not the best backdrop for Lego.

The Matrix is also not the brightest backdrop for Lego. You can't make either of those things happy like they did with the other games. You could fill humor into Indiana Jones and Star Wars because there's already humor. I wouldn't like them making a Matrix game and having it be a joke that the robots are keeping people in jars and using them as batteries. There's a difference between the violence Lego uses in their games and what's in Terminator.

As for Prince of Persia, it STARTED as a game. They are making toys from a game that has been made already. That would be a game about toys about a game.

And the same thing for Toy Story. It would be a game about toys that are pretending to be toys. It's enough that they're making Lego versions of regular toys that live in a world where Lego already exists.

I'm also betting that the Cars line is going to be Duplo, not standard Lego.

Ranger S2H
Minifig
Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Post by Ranger S2H » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:48 am

those plastic green men look awesome though.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:54 am

I want Emperor Zerg's armor. It looks awesome.

I wonder (if those are the actual figures, or close enough to what they are going to be) if the hats that Woody, Jessie, and the Prospector are wearing are on studs. I would love it if actual minifigs could wear them.

I like the idea of differently molded heads for these guys. Annoying, but it would have looked bad if they weren't molded. Let's just hope it doesn't stick.

EDIT: Also, Lord of the Rings is out, as Rayhawk has talked about before (another brick company got the rights to it), but the Hobbit may be in. Not sure how that would work.

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:01 am

1. I do agree but since classic movies are slowly running out - they may be in the far future

2. The Prince of Persia sets are based on The Prince of Persia movie which is based on POP: Sands of Time

3. Isn't it my luck that they make a Zurg figure just before i start a brikwar starring Zurg.

4. All those minifigs are prototypes

benkim123
Dimmy

Post by benkim123 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:45 am

I agree with RJ. Lego makes products of really stupid stuff like Speed Racer. So why wouldn't they make products or games about The Terminator or Matrix(Not Reloaded)?

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:49 am

yes - i have a supporter!

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:59 am

here is some pictures of the cars stuff

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:49 pm

Homicidal Harvester! Damn, I want that.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Massam
Dimmy

Post by Massam » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:55 pm

Are those Duplos?
everyone < massam