Multiple ranged weapons on a figure: Can I do that?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

(insert name here)
Battlefield General

Multiple ranged weapons on a figure: Can I do that?

Post by (insert name here) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:32 pm

Little question I've been thinking of after my first BrikWar. Is there any point of holding two ranged weapons for a figure? (eg. two pistols) Are you able to combine those two shots in one action? Can you shoot at two different targets at once? Or is having two ranged weapons just to make your figure look cool?

Thanks.

-(INH)

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:34 pm

A figure can fire any number of weapons it has equipped at a single target per turn.

1 model, 2 weapons = 1 target, 2 attacks.

(insert name here)
Battlefield General

Post by (insert name here) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:37 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. Now do I have to make a separate skill roll on each of those weapons to see if they hit?

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:51 pm

Yes.

(insert name here)
Battlefield General

Post by (insert name here) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Thank you. Sorry, but these just come to my mind as soon as I get an answer.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:30 pm

Don't believe those two, they are lying to you.

Fulizer
Minifig

Post by Fulizer » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:19 am

O.K im going to give a real awnswer.
the rulebook says that you may preform 1 action a turn, that is one attack, however you may pay additional points to increase the number of actions (as described in chapter 7 of the 2005 rules) to increase the number of actions, this would only be able to attack one target a turn, unnless you pay additional points to allow it to do otherwise (also described in chapter 7 of the 2005 rules)

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:05 am

Fulizer wrote:however you may pay additional points to increase the number of actions
Multidexterity does not increase the number of ACTIONS, it increases the number of WEAPONS you can use in a single attack.

Regular creations and minifigs can attack with TWO ranged weapons under one action if they are able to fire them both (two one-handed weapons, not a one-hander and a two-hander). Multidexterity allows one additional ranged weapon to be fired if able.

This is also already covered in a thread that was posted only a week or so ago. One target unless you have Multitasking, two ranged weapons that are able to be fired at the same time unless you have Multidexterity.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:02 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Regular creations and minifigs can attack with TWO ranged weapons under one action if they are able to fire them both (two one-handed weapons, not a one-hander and a two-hander).
Nope. A regular minifig or Creation can attack with two close combat weapons or ONE ranged weapon. If a minifig is piloting a Creation, he can attack with two of the Creation's close combat weapons, one of its ranged weapons, or a pair of its linked identical ranged weapons.

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:02 pm

except for heroes especially those doing cool flips while shooting ten people with 2 bullets while flying through a nuclear generator
Rayhawk wrote:
OneEye589 wrote:Regular creations and minifigs can attack with TWO ranged weapons under one action if they are able to fire them both (two one-handed weapons, not a one-hander and a two-hander).
Nope. A regular minifig or Creation can attack with two close combat weapons or ONE ranged weapon. If a minifig is piloting a Creation, he can attack with two of the Creation's close combat weapons, one of its ranged weapons, or a pair of its linked identical ranged weapons.
ie dual pistols and the like
DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:33 pm

So to answer your question, a minifig with two pistols can only fire one of them per turn.

That doesn't mean it's useless though! If the weapons are slightly different (grenade pistol and a machine pistol, for example), your minifig has great versatility. And if they lose one for whatever reason, they have a spare!

But other than that, yeah it's pretty much equally useful to dual-wielding IRL.