Any other TES:Oblivion players?

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Any other TES:Oblivion players?

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:19 pm

Slightly pointless, I know. It's just I got hooked on it again, so it's my main priority right now :|. Added to that is the fact that I've found the time and patience to learn the Construction Set :D
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

blackwing77
Officer

Post by blackwing77 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:26 pm

I have GOTY edition for PS3. Level 19 dark elf.

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:13 am

I've bought it 3 times (2x for PC (one T, one M...) and once for 360. Haven't played in ages, but I do remember that you aggravate yourself needlessly by leveling. I also learned how to equip bound armor (heavy armor that weighs 0, and throw some feather on it... oh yeah.)
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:33 am

Not that big into RPGs, although back in the day I played WoW, but I've been off that for almost 2 years now. However, I remember losing a friend or 2 to Oblivion in my freshman year of college (luckily they snapped out of it).
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 am

suprised you snapped out of WoW. i've lost many a friend to it.

fortunately/unfortunately, i feel myself slipping into D&D. i just learned how to play, and am even more thrilled at how awesome hand crossbows are: not only can you dual wield them, but you can also attach bayonets to them. you have effectively constructed a knife that shoots. needless to say, this is awesome.

Boomer
Hero

Post by Boomer » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:55 am

Khajit here. Custom Class I call Spec Ops. Stealth, heavy armor, heavy weapons, ranged weapons, alchemy. I am silent in full armor, with poisoned flaming weapons I make myself. No thing's more fun then sniping all the enemies with poisoned 4x damage arrows, then hitting them to hell with a poisoned longsword if they spot me. Alchemy ignores magic resistances too, their only hope is a con boost, which usually never happens.

Spec Ops is totally bad ass. Indeed the most unruly pack animal ever.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:38 pm

I used to play at my friends house with him but we ended up playing halo for 4 hours straight and it broke his x-box so we play video games no more.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:47 pm

I, too, have only played it at a friends house. And of course, it not being a permanent file, I had some fun with it. For instance, my character's class was 'Slut'. It was a Dark Elf with strange facial tonality and an average bow. His hobbies: running around shooting random people, and making sure the guard doesn't notice. Scratch that, running around in the IMPERIAL CITY shooting random people and making sure the guard doesn't notice. He once killed the captain of the city guard with just his bow. And then there was the weird Drak Elf merchant on the bridge, who was an NPC. What i did was I would sneak up behind him and shoot him at point blank. Because anything at point blank made you go flying, the Dark Elf would fly off of the bridge and into the water. But because of his NPC-ness, you can't kill him, it only knocks him out for a short period of time. So when the character woke up, he would come flying back THROUGH THE BOTTOM OF THE BRIDGE with this horrible crunching noise and stand there like nothing happened. Good times...

And then of course there was the fact that after about ten minutes of this he looked like a bipedal porcupine he was so full of arrows.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

En!gma
Officer

Post by En!gma » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:13 pm

Morrowind>Oblivion

Stormzen
Hero

Post by Stormzen » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:02 pm

En!gma wrote:Morrowind>Oblivion
Actually it's Arena>Daggerfall>Morrowind>Oblivion>TES V>TES VI>TES VII>TES VIII

And so on. I recommend playing them in reverse chronological order so you can get past the opening sewers in Arena. Seriously, it's so fucking hard that one of the developers rolled up lots of characters and could only get one of them out. After twenty tries. Plus, Oblivion's overly simplified, and not in the Brikwars kind of simple. Regardless, it's still a great game.
Almighty Benny wrote:That's so true, Adam probably would shoot his own foot off and crash into a wall.

En!gma
Officer

Post by En!gma » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:39 pm

Stormzen wrote:
En!gma wrote:Morrowind>Oblivion
Actually it's Arena>Daggerfall>Morrowind>Oblivion>TES V>TES VI>TES VII>TES VIII
I've heard this said before, and would like to follow your instructions but I haven't been able to get Arena to work, and I don't have the attention span to find a copy of Daggerfall. But whatever, I should be finishing the main quest anyway. However I might jump at the chance to play a game lacking armies of shovel-beaked flying demons (you know what I mean) if that is indeed the case.

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:32 am

OK, danger music! Look around, look around... nobody's here! *cliff racers descend* Nooo!

Oh, and as far as I know... there is no Elder Scroll V. There's been OblIVion (4), but no V (5). Bethsidia's next project is Fallout. Oh, I see what you're saying, you have no aspirations for future Elder Scrolls. The only way that I agree with your judgment is that you'd be correct land-wise (so far).
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:09 am

Fallout 3 should be good, and I thought I heard that they were working on a secret MMO (cue all the people screaming: "OMGMOGMOGM!! ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE!!").
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:24 pm

I would prefer Fallout online

In the above chain of logic I only played Daggerfall. I stopped because I got tired of :

1. Training happening in town, but no indication of how long it takes.
2. The training taking until after dusk, the store closes and the guard tries to kill you because you are in the store after hours
3. If you leave the store you get killed by the undead ghosty nastyness that only only comes out after dusk.

Sweet sweet stupidity.

En!gma
Officer

Post by En!gma » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:23 pm

If they do a fifth, and judging by the storm of Oblivion players they will, I would like to see Black Marsh as the province.