Brikspace IV: Space Pirate's Revenge (Turn 0)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Brikspace IV: Space Pirate's Revenge (Turn 0)

Post by MasterEcabob » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:26 pm

Aboard the USS Binary...

"Captain!"

"We have an update on the bogey. Its still far out of range of any of our weapons, but we now have a visual."

"It appears to be a single ship, but it may as well be a whole battle fleet! I've already taken the liberty of calling for backup, so we should probably wait until they get h-"

"Captain! We have new contacts inbound! We should be getting visual any second now. Wait, they appear to be-"

"Space Pirates!

"They're launching fighters."

"Get us out of here already!"

"Captain?"

"Damn it! They've got us in some sort'a tractor beam, there's nothing we can do!"

"Well, it looks like we're stuck now. Alright everybody suit up and get ready for battle, they'll be sending over a boarding party any minute now."

"And someone get Commander Qol up here pronto!"

"You called?"

"Ah, Qol, thank gods yer here! We don't have much time, and I need all the troops I can get my hands on.

"I have no clue how long it'll take for our backup to arrive, and frankly I don't see our chances of lasting that long being too pretty."

"Don't worry Captain, my troops are more than a match for any pirate, space or otherwise. They'll do their job."

"I hope yer right, I hope to gods yer right..."

"Here they come!"

"OPEN FIRE!!!"

"One down, a crapload to go!"

"WTF! They can respawn? Oh crap, we're in trouble..."

"Hold the bridge Captain, it looks like I have to go save the day again..."

"No, wait look!"

"It's the fleet!"

"Well, part of it anyway. Let's just hope its enough to take on these pirates. And that weird ship too...
Last edited by MasterEcabob on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

BIV:SPR Top

Post by MasterEcabob » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:52 pm

Yes, there was a reason why I made my own Brikspace Rules.

The Battlfield

The battle has three teams, the Astronauts, the Space Pirates, and the Mystery Faction.

The Astronaut fleet consists of five ships, four patrol class and one capital class. The smaller two ships have medium lasers and fighters while the bigger two ships have advanced engines, medium lasers and missiles. The big ship in the middle has medium laser cannons, rockets, a burst cannon, and shields. Feel free to come up with your own names for the ships.

The Space Pirate Fleet consists of four ships, two patrol class, one capital class and one command class. The smallest frigate has small lasers and impact batteries and the larger one has a large laser and missiles. The destroyer has medium lasers, missiles, and a sensor array and their main ship has advanced engines, medium and large lasers, defense batteries and shields. Again, you can get creative with the names here.

The mystery faction has a single command ship, with a warp drive, two small lasers, three medium lasers, one large laser, one burst cannon, and ramming pylons. This one actually has a name, the Nemesis, so I'm afraid you don't get to be as creative with this one. On the plus side, you get a badass ship.

That covers the space fleets, so now a little bit more about the USS Binary.

This is the oddly empty cargo bay, which is where the early fighting will take place and where the space pirates will respawn. There isn't really much to see here, except for the portal that leads to the main deck.

This is the main deck, which is where the main battle will take place. From the portal are several long corridors that lead to the armory, Commander Qol's office, and, ultimately, the bridge. In order to take over the USS Binary, the pirates must capture the bridge.

The USS Binary Crew has a total of eleven men including Commander Qol, their hero. Most of them carry energy shields, which will help even the odds a bit. Of those eleven men, seven are in the cargo bay (the six shown and one other gunner who didn't make the picture) and four are on the bridge. In order to succeed, they must hold out until the fleet can destroy the Space Pirate ship holding them.

The Space Pirate Boarding Party has a total of eight respawning men. At the end of each turn, each dead pirate rolls a 1d6:

ker-respawn table

6 - Respawn as officer
5 - Respawn with weapons
4 - Respawn without weapons
3 - No respawn
2 - No respawn
1 - Death

Because they can respawn they have no hero, however they do have three officers (guys in black). They can't do heroic feats, but they do have better aim and armor. Once they die, however, they become random soldiers when they respawn (unless they get a critical success). If they get a critical failure, they can no longer respawn. In order to succeed, they must control the USS Binary's bridge.

The winner will be decided by whoever has the most points once the battle is over. Each patrol class ship is worth 1 point, each capital class ship is worth 2 points, and each command class ship is worth 3 points. Also, whoever controls the USS Binary gets 2 points, and if it is destroyed the Astronauts and the Space Pirates both loose 2 points. note that this point system is subject to change and may or may not be actually that important

With that out of the way, let the signup commence!

Astronaut Fleet - Theblackdog
Space Pirate Fleet - Birdman
Mystery Faction - lrdofbricks
USS Binary Crew - Elmagnifico
Space Pirate Boarding Party - NatalyaAF

Turn 1
Last edited by MasterEcabob on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 8 times in total.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:00 pm

I'll take the USS Binary!

Overwatch pics please?
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:17 pm

Pirates Plx
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Post by MasterEcabob » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Elmagnifico wrote:I'll take the USS Binary!

Overwatch pics please?
Done and done.
NatalyaAF wrote:Pirates Plx
Okay, but which Space Pirates do you want? The ones who blow stuff up with giant ships or the ones who blow stuff up with their bare hands?

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:37 am

mysteru group plz
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:24 am

All right, another space battle! Astronaut fleet please!

... unfortunately, unless you're planning on using frictionless movement rules, you don't get the free forum slot, but I guess those are the breaks.

EDIT: Also, that big Astronaut ship looks cooler each time I see it. The engines in particular are awesome.
Last edited by Theblackdog on Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:58 am

If Natalya is looking to command the Pirate Fleet then could I take the Pirate Raiding party please?

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Post by MasterEcabob » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:07 am

lrdofbricks wrote:mysteru group plz
Got it.
Warhead wrote:If Natalya is looking to command the Pirate Fleet then could I take the Pirate Raiding party please?
Sure, but I'm going to wait to see what she wants first.
Theblackdog wrote:All right, another space battle! Astronaut fleet please!

... unfortunately, unless you're planning on using frictionless movement rules, you don't get the free forum slot, but I guess those are the breaks.
Got it. Sorry to disappoint, but things will be a lot easier with my rules, especially since I don't really care if I have to bend them now or again.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:10 am

Absolutely, wouldn't want it any other way. Cheers. Oh, btw, this is a fantastic battle concept and I really like the dramatic graphic novel way you presented it.

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Post by MasterEcabob » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Thanks! After seeing All Bricks United's army I figured I'd try for something a little different in my next forum battle, so I'm glad to see you like it.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:26 pm

I want the raiding party.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Post by MasterEcabob » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:32 pm

Got it, looks like you're out of luck Warhead, sorry!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:21 am

I'm afraid I don't know the Space rules well enough to be comfortable playing a fleet. I'll be happy to watch this story unfold though.

No Prisoners! Pirates for the win! Arr! :twisted:

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:00 am

We should add "1 slot still open" to the title. I think the large number of replies to the thread is discouraging people from looking at it and realizing that we actually do have one more slot open.