The Fall of The Deadly Spaceman Azure Guard

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Warhead
kaka pants

The Fall of The Deadly Spaceman Azure Guard

Post by Warhead » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:57 am

++++++++THE FALL OF THE AZURE GUARD.+++++++++

UNDEAD MINIONS OF ZOMBIE LINCOLNS LEGION OF THE DANSE MACABRE!

The Chain Staff is a melee and ranged weapon in one. The deadly chainsaw always returns to the staff after it is fired. these warriors are some of th deadliest fighters. Now undead they are even more deadly.

The standard trooper has a personal force shield and light sabre. They also have a rapid fire blaster for ranged combat.

Heavy weapons and NCO. Plasma Bazooka, Gyrojet Rocket Launcher and Sconic Disruptor armed NCO.

The Gyrojet Rocket Launcher is the perfect weapon against heavy armoured targets. A rapid Fire Blaster Carbine and melee weapon is also carried.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lrdofbriks, the only survivor of the ill fated Azure Guard and sworn to avenge them. Note the face tear tattoo, it itches when the undead are near.

Unbeknownst to lrdofbricks I have brain stormed an idea that has sort of evolved as most of my ideas usually do, by haphazard accident.
lrdofbricks wrote:
Almighty Benny wrote:I call the guy with the green shirt and knight helmet
im most likely depicted as the random spaceman crying...
You can find the cause of this conversation here.

http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... c&start=45

Ok, I'm going to try and explain my unordered and shattered minds eye view of what I mean by outlaying a sort of story, hope you like it.

The Deadly Spacemen have an Elite Force called the Azure Guard, amazingly they wore Blue uniforms. As well as expanding the Deadly Spaceman Empire one of the other duties of the Deadly Spacemen was to protect the order and stability in the Civilised Systems. these tasks were given to the freshest of recruits as a part of their training. One small contingent of this force was lead by a young nobleman by the name of lrdofbriks. This is his story.

After the latest and most bold of raids on the local shipping reached the ears of Central Command it was decided that Piracy in the Cromerty System must be eradicated. However, these Pirates had amassed enough wealth to arm and crew a small fleet and were presently well entrenched in a fortified base in the Cerberus Straights, a wide band of asteroids that intersected the main shipping lanes. These Pirates were too strong for the regional governors to tackle head on with the limited resources they had ready. The Azure Guard were contacted and a team dispatched.

Unfortunately, the Pirates had a vast network of informants and so news of this mission reached them. Even so, the Azure Guard, even a small contingent like this were not to be taken lightly. Plans were laid and an ambush set to greet them on arrival.

This treachery was to be expected and had been planed for in turn. The Azure Guard in a lightning strike made their landing from a stealthed ship in boarding torpedoes. Before the now de-cloaked ship was destroyed the torpedoes had already breached the base's hull. The Azure Guard stormed aboard, sowing death and confusion amongst the Pirate crew as they went. A fierce battle was fought but despite the ferocity of the Pirates they could not match the Elite Deadly Spacemen. Eventually they cornered the Pirate Leader in his command bridge. A heroic battle ensued between the hulking brute and the young lrdofbriks that left the young noble terribly wounded but victorious. When the base was taken the remaining ships in the system fled rather than lend aid to their fellows, the Pirate band had been broken.

However, the victory was to be short lived for on that base a stolen artefact lay dormant until now. Called from his slumber by the souls of the dead and dying an ancient curse stirred and Zombie Lincoln awoke.

The Azure Guard were beset with re-animated corpses of the Pirates they had only recently slain, they tried to co-ordinate a defensive fall back to the life pods but at every turn they were hunted. One by one the Deadly Spacemen fell only to be re-animated by the cursed necromancy of Zombie Lincoln. Desperately the Guard battled, their loyalty to their commander driving them to even greater acts of heroism. Lrdofbriks despite his wounds had tried to stay with his men but his wounds proved too much. Seeing their commander fall the Deadly Spacemen fought their way through to the Life Pods giving their lives for him. They had just enough time to strap Lrdofbriks into the medi-comp and send it into space before they were overrun.

Leaving the base of the dead behind the Life Pod cruised through the system headed for the main planet of Cromerty I. lrdofbriks wounds were stabilised and in some cases mended before the journey was over but he vowed his revenge for the loss of his men and secretly held himself responsible for their demise. (Hence the tear tattoo on his face). He swore he would not rest until they had been given the honourable rest they so richly deserved and the Necromancer controlling them was destroyed.

On his arrival in system lrdofbriks was to be met with an even greater shock. A raiding force of The Immortals sensing the systems temporary weakness had taken the opportunity to raid the planet. Lrdofbriks, life pod was detected and captured by an Immortal Cruiser. When later found to be a Deadly Spaceman he was given the opportunity to serve them, or die. The young man saw his only opportunity to avenge his men and atone for his guilt. He serves them still but his quest for vengeance has never been forgotten.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:48 am

Awesome guys, nicely unified colour scheme.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:41 am

i love my sigfig. is that a custom face?
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

dcl32
Minifig
Location: In Afghanistan providing supressive fire with an M60

Post by dcl32 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:00 pm

Awesome guards, I like how you fitted the gun into the jetpack. And the chainstaffs are awesome too. Did you base the rocket on the RPG 7?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:43 pm

Thanks guys, glad you like this stuff lrdofbriks (Phew). Hope the story idea was ok.

The face is an old faded blank. I used a craft knife and slightly scored the mouth and tear and then sort of gently drilled the knife point ever so slightly into the eyes. Once I had a small dimple I used Citadel black paint from Games Workshop on the face and quickly wiped away any excess with kitchen role. Even black felt pen would do though.

The Gyrojet Launcher IS most definitely based on the modern RPG and the warheads on what I have seen people using here.

I've always fitted the guns onto the airtanks like that, I think I learned to do it from early on, I may have seen it done in an old Lego Space kit, not sure. I fancy it as their holster.

The Chain Staff is of course part OTC launcher wishful thinking and a Goa'uld Staff Weapon... sort of.

Tuefish
Dimmy

Post by Tuefish » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:37 pm

Awesome! I'd love to pit these guys against my Vol heavy infantry.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:20 pm

Be cooler if the saws were OTC's
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:22 am

Gyrojet weapons are awesome. They actually make bullet-sized gyrojet rockets you can fire from a pistol-sized gun. (EDIT: Actually, they stopped making them a while ago, but they still did have them at one point.)

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:33 am

Tuefish wrote:Awesome! I'd love to pit these guys against my Vol heavy infantry.
Thanks! I agree, the chance of a battle would be awesome. Zombie Lincoln and the Danse Macabre and some Undead Deadly Space Men... I would need to make some vehicles though.

@Theblackdog, I think most Rockets could be described as Gyrojets, not sure. I just remember the gyrojet pistols and rifles from a reeeealy old RPG game called Star Frontiers and they looked and sounded cool, I just wanted them to sound space aged and edgy. :D

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:51 am

In the 2001 rules, nearly every weapon class had a gyro gun in it.
But what does it mean? :mystery:

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:07 am

You want to know what a gyrojet weapon is?

It propels the projectile from the weapon with cold compressed gas or similar before the small rocket on the projectile ignites and launches it at the target. No recoil so bigger projectile and increased accuracy, theoretically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CrUARlm ... PL&index=4

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:13 am

Yeah, but every weapon class had guns with a fancy word slammed onto the front. For example, there would be a pirate pistol, phasergun, gyrogun, deathgun, etc. Because there were so many types of guns, you can see how this quickly got complicated. I prefer the new templates of short and long ranged, and then modify them.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:40 am

So long as you are consistent you can make up names for all sorts of stuff. I did these names in this link below way back in 1985-ish and I could still remember them today.

http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2281

Also, look at Games Workshop, they have a fair number of different weapon names and classes and they are easy to remember IMO as they are consistent. Maybe the problem wasn't the names but the way they are organised.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Yeah, it's the organisation that is the problem. As long as you don't use to many weapon archetypes in a weapon set, it doesn't sound too honky-tonk.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:06 pm

The gyrojet weapons I was referring to were bullet-sized rockets that used two angled exhaust nozzles to build up spin, as a substitute for rifling in a regular gun.

Pics can be found here, but you have to scroll down a bit. They also don't have any recoil, which makes people think that they would be good for zero-G combat in space.