Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:00 pm

Iron Maiden shirt FTW!

benkim123
Dimmy

Post by benkim123 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:34 am

I think baseplates are only good for making buildings. It doesn't look realistic when I put minifigures on a baseplate and it's too hard to cover the whole baseplate with tiles so when I find a surface available for brikwars I use it. Right now I am using a big wooden reddish brown wheeled rectangular shaped box I found. The best part is I can put rocks on the side and make it look like a canyon.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:52 am

benkim123 wrote:I think baseplates are only good for making buildings. It doesn't look realistic when I put minifigures on a baseplate and it's too hard to cover the whole baseplate with tiles so when I find a surface available for brikwars I use it. Right now I am using a big wooden reddish brown wheeled rectangular shaped box I found. The best part is I can put rocks on the side and make it look like a canyon.
It is always better than walking on wood floor.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:21 am

next time i suggest you give the centaurs either longer weapons and use them to CHARGE. or give them ranged weapons and use them to harry the flanks of an army, as long as you kill things in the first turn with the centaurs they should be fine (chargeing) or keep them out of bogged melee, thats what the infantry is for

to easily use baseplates in brick wars alwayys have you lego men standing on one leg, it sounds silly but it allows them to be roated on the stud, also keep small radar dishes around when your waking on roads as that then allows your lego men to stand on the flat surface whith one leg
DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:13 am

Strana wrote:brick wars
No! Watch out for copyright sharks!
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Ranger S2H
Minifig
Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Post by Ranger S2H » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:03 am

It didnt need baseplates, but IMO it does need terrain.
I love battles full of buildings, wrecks, and scenery to shoot your enemies from.
but then again, I prefewr firefights over CC, I guess you'd rather have open ground to get up close and personal

my battles have baseplates, but theyre mostly stuffed with things
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:00 pm

thats an awesome battle i had (i think), but some obstacles and coverage would go well don't you think? besides the mech army dude is disadvantage since he has a short space between enemies to shoot no? anyways, the dino thing is awesome, so are the centaurs and mecha

MrBlobJr
Hero

Post by MrBlobJr » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:06 pm

Great Battle! Except there was one thing missing: Blood and Fire! You had some blood in there, but it didn't seem to do justice for the size of that battle.

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:43 pm

I loved the ballista, and the centaurs were an interesting idea. The mech was awesome too... I was kinda disappointed when it failed so epically.
I was also hoping for a mass execution of the captives, but oh well...
And lol to the baseplate war. I love using baseplates, and they make everything look way better, but I'd rather buy units than baseplates (Target here is having a sale on Halo mega blok minifigs, so I can get about five for less than the cost of four baseplates :D).

kiemaster
Cannon Fodder

Post by kiemaster » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:53 pm

trebnos1 wrote:I loved the ballista, and the centaurs were an interesting idea. The mech was awesome too... I was kinda disappointed when it failed so epically.
I was also hoping for a mass execution of the captives, but oh well...
And lol to the baseplate war. I love using baseplates, and they make everything look way better, but I'd rather buy units than baseplates (Target here is having a sale on Halo mega blok minifigs, so I can get about five for less than the cost of four baseplates :D).
did did did he just say he was going to buy halo megablox *siezure*

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Yeah. My Target's having a sale on Halo megablocks. They are also having a sale on Lego. So is Toys r Us.

I'm considering buying the entire stock of megablocks and burning it in the parking lot...

kiemaster
Cannon Fodder

Post by kiemaster » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:02 pm

sounds good :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:13 pm

...OR you could buy the entire stock of Lego, challenge the guy that buys all the Megbloks (play for keepsies), and THEN burn them all after you win. :D
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Yeah, I wish. Don't have quite that much cash. :roll:

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:24 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:I'm considering buying the entire stock of megablocks and burning it in the parking lot...
A noble but misdirected action. Like those guys who bought lots of French wine and poured it out on the street, thereby supporting the French wine industry.