Minifig Anti-tank weapons?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Minifig Anti-tank weapons?

Post by Theblackdog » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:36 pm

What do you use for minifig-portable anti-armor weapons? It seems like these weapons should exist, but Mk.I bazookas don't really do the job.

EDIT: despite some awesome ideas, like booby-trapped beer stands and exploding dogs, I'm going to go with simplicity and bump my "standard" infantry bazooka from a mk. I to a mk. II.
Last edited by Theblackdog on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:45 pm

Anti Tank weapons you say?

Yeah, I may have a few, you'll find them in here.

http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2281

However, I only have the background and the Lego but no stats as yet. But you can use what little so far I have.

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Use larger MK's of rockets in thier rocket launchers, or use groups of them. I've found that calvalry troops in mass say groups of 5 can devastate tanks as they are generally smaller targets and also are usually more manueverable
DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:53 pm

I've always ruled that you can pack up to a Mk. III rocket into a bazooka if you can find one.

However, as infantry you're going to want to focus on disabling a tank rather than destroying it. You don't have the firepower to punch through the armor, but you might be able to snap a tread or jam the turret.

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Personally, I use rocket propelled lightsabers. But they cost way too many CPs for more than 1 or 2 per army.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:45 am

Great ideas all. Thanks for your help!

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:25 am

I have spider mines, portable lasers, emp devices and various MK rockets. For MK1 missiles I have rocket-sticks (represented by harpoon pieces). I have ruled these can be fired from most weapons that physically allow it (e.g. an autopistol, represented by a western gun, cannot fit a harpoon piece).

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Just stand on top of the tank then it can't hit you.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:46 pm

I just made some shoulder-cannons for something I'm working on. I'm thinking that they'll have an infinite supply of either MKII or MKIII rockets that they can fire using my rules, which means that they don't need actual rockets, but it takes a turn to "reload."

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:53 pm

solution: field a cybernetic unit that has the ability to, from a distance, overload the circuitry of any mechanical units, killing the occupants and pilots, and then take control said units.

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:30 pm

2-inch guns do the job well against infantry and light vehicles. They are good as shotguns, too.

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:36 pm

better, more CP cost-effective solution:

Set up a "trap" of sorts, if you will: a stand offering "free" beer to anyone who can provide a valid tank piloting license--the catch being that the beer is only free if said pilot downs an entire six pack within the space of one turn. Consuming that amount of alcohol in such a relatively short time span will inevitably result in the tank pilot's complete inebriation, and, upon resuming his role behind the controls of his machine of death, he will likely be far too wasted to know the "fire giant canon" peddle from the break peddle. The theoretical outcome being either the drunken annihilation of his own team, or at least running several red lights and weaving in and out of traffic enough to get pulled over. The first case is obviously the better, but in the case of the latter, he will most definitely be at least issued a court date, until which he will have his license revoked and be unable to drive his tank, nullifying the threat. He also might die of severe hangover.

/thread

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:18 am

Whoa, that's pretty specific. Has this been your own life experience?.. Did, did they take your tank off you? :( When's your court date?

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:34 am

It was a dark time in my life.
I don't want to talk about it.

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:18 am

Probably has something to do with his sig. He's put the King over his own face, and the other two masks are to protect the innocent.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.