Automatic fire!

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:30 pm

well, that's just for trying to hit multiple targets, the whole fingercone thing. for shooting minifigs multiple times, it's a whole 'nother story. luckily for you, it's a system that's even EASIER to remember than the spread-fire one.

to shoot a minifig multiple times, lower the weapon's UR by one, and make a skill roll. for every number ABOVE the UR that you rolled, add an extra point of damage to the shot (as in, you've got a short range weapon with UR 3 and 1d6 damage. a minifig wanting autofire would lower the UR to 2 and then roll skill to see how good he is at it. let's say he rolls a 5: 5 - 2 is 3, so he does 1d6 + 3 damage). also, any minifig within 1" of the target takes normal weapon damage, and on a critical fail the weapon is out of ammo and must be reloaded.

That, basically, is the summation of the billingsly rule version for automatic fire. Blitzen has a very similar method as Billingsly, but it combines the two firing modes so that instead of having two ways to shoot, there's a much more customizable, single way to shoot. i'm still not sure who's rules i prefer.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:16 pm

Maybe there should be 2 official unofficial rules about Automatic fire. 1 for people that don't mind or maybe even prefer remembering different kind of guns and what they can all do with Auto fire.
2. A rule for people who don't like remembering stats from guns and do prefer rules like the one from Almighty Benny.

don't mind my spelling I'm Dutch.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:49 pm

huh? i think the language barrier's interfering a bit here.

why 2 official unofficial rules? what i really want to nail down is one, universal and easily used rule that can fit to just about any situation, and is fairly easy to remember.

different weapon autofire is also compensated for with both systems. automatic fire is a modifier that can be applied to ANY weapon (except explosives, but that'd be just cruel and unusual punishment). since you're only modifying existing weapons to become automatic, you've still got different weapons firing more or less bullets at different damages.

as for benny's, i REALLY liked his because it was FUN to use. the only real downside was that it introduced too much for most other players to do it, and it felt like a minigame within brikwars, as opposed to a component of the rules.

Gorchek
Officer

Post by Gorchek » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:59 am

... Great. Now I can't help but wonder how a full-auto explosive would work.

Maybe a repeating emp grenade? I would only work on robots, but it would be really handy in an exo-force game...

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Gorchek wrote:... Great. Now I can't help but wonder how a full-auto explosive would work.

Maybe a repeating emp grenade? I would only work on robots, but it would be really handy in an exo-force game...
i thought about it a bit. i'd just say it's broken, but technically, the fingercone method would provide accurate results of multiple shots in a cone radius, without demeaning the power and nature of explosives.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:20 pm

After 9 pages have you guys figured out this automatic fire thing?
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:27 pm

100+ posts later, we've narrowed it down to two, competing rules. now all we have to do is decide.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:38 pm

HA HA HA HA i do a dimmy laugh HA HA YOU CRAZY HA HA LOL
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.