Venus Class Destroyer

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:59 pm

Age has nothing to do with it. Skill is skill.

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:11 pm

Er i disagree age has a bunch to do with it

a 6 year old brain surgeon probably aint that good
a 16 year old wont get voted in as president of the USA
age 12-18 you have more free time than later on assunmin kids relationship job, and responsabiliteis

So age does have to do with it and skill can be increased over time

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:28 pm

Not with Lego. I think it's safe to assume the everyone on these forums is a teenager or older. If you think that the older you get the more skill you have, I suggest you look at Dr. X's MOCs and try to tell me he is not the best builder who has posted anything on these forums. He is 15 (or maybe 16 now).

But there are plenty of people (myself included) who can't build half as good as Dr. X, but are older.

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:42 pm

If i remeber the stuff that doctor x has pasoted correctly yes his work is amazing

However it may be of some consequence that:

1@ 16 he got a lot of free time
2 judging by his work he has acess to a whole lotta lego
3 how long has he had acess to lego for?

skill is developed over time,..

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:57 pm

1. Being so young, yes, he may have a lot of time, but what does time have to do with how nice a creation looks?

2. The amount of Lego has nothing to do with it. RoC77 has a lot of Legos because he is older. That doesn't mean his work is more detailed. I've seen creations made by people who have only a few buckets of Legos and all they are is detail.

3. Some people can just pick up Legos and make amazing things with them. Some people can play and build with Legos for their entire life and just not build very well still. There are certain skills that are just had and don't need any prior practice or experience.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:28 am

1. you guys are dumb

2. stop arguing like this

3. look how dumb this looks

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:25 am

Whoa whoa whoa WHOA whoa whoa. Now hold on just a second everybody. Let's all take a moment to pause and reflect, because I think things have gotten way out of hand.

I'm looking at a whole bunch of lists here, and not a single one of them starts on a six. Have we forgotten the ideals we hold most dear????

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:19 am

6) All of you shut the fuck up and stop screwing up Natalya's fuckin' awesome thread! Or I will track you down and gut you like a fish... :twisted:

The Venus Class Destroyer (Nice class name btw) has pushed forum ships into a new era, we must redouble our efforts in order to compete against her L33T'ness.

tunasailor
Minifig

Post by tunasailor » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:08 am

this ship is awesome, and I like how you detailed the interior and how it looks much stronger than sonks. I like it :wink:

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:18 am

IVhorseman wrote:2. stop arguing like this
Why does everyone think a disagreement is automatically a bad thing/argument?

I noticed a couple more things. Didn't you say you were going to make the hallways wider to 6 studs Natalya? Also, I'm not that big of a fan of the big chunks of black everywhere. It just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of it.

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Post by RoC77 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:35 am

Great job on the refit Natalya, The ship has a more aggressive profile to it. I think you might want to reinforce the front end though. But since you beefed up the middle the balance looks a bit off....
OneEye589 wrote:2. The amount of Lego has nothing to do with it. RoC77 has a lot of Legos because he is older. That doesn't mean his work is more detailed. I've seen creations made by people who have only a few buckets of Legos and all they are is detail.
Damn, I am so guilty of this, my last few MOC's were WIP's and I never really completed or detailed them. I'm actually really excited about the new SHIP I'm building and that will be posted when it is completly finished.

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:35 pm

REPLY TO Pvt Expendable

1@ 16 he got a lot of free time- cough tests cough studies.
2 judging by his work he has acess to a whole lotta lego- or brick link
3 how long has he had acess to lego for?- hopefully since he could say gah.

oh and the changes to the ship make it look so much stronger, its nice you didnt just make it longer but also made it wider.
maybe some support ships.
i want a picture of the AC holding this like a gun.
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:39 pm

Xianghua

Isn't that one of Xinhuia's variant names???

Also, is it okay if my Albionics have similar naval organisation to your assyrians?

Because I really want to use old multi-coloured forces, like your Star Commandoes use Spyrius.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:06 pm

@Magic Soap:
I don't hold a monopoly over army colour schemes.

muffinman42 wrote:REPLY TO Pvt Expendable

oh and the changes to the ship make it look so much stronger, its nice you didnt just make it longer but also made it wider.
maybe some support ships.
I want a picture of the AC holding this like a gun.
The AC is not as big as this ship. Its arms would be ripped off if it tried to hold it up.

OneEye589 wrote:I noticed a couple more things. Didn't you say you were going to make the hallways wider to 6 studs Natalya? Also, I'm not that big of a fan of the big chunks of black everywhere. It just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of it.
I didn't have enough plates to do any of those mods to it. :[ If I ever do another version it will get the front upgraded. But the black stuff is just part of the Assyrian colour scheme. White with dark red accents and light gray and black details. No one can see the bottom anyway... >_>
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Ranger S2H
Minifig
Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Post by Ranger S2H » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:44 pm

I wouldnt want to get on the wrong side of that ship, Ace work natalya!
btw: can I assume certain events behind the scenes with "died unexpectedly before"?

@ others: watch where you start your lists with! lord Rayhawk has spoken!
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?