baldurs gate 2

Post by piltogg » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:08 pm

baldurs gate 2 is the best game ever..... it is fairly old but real good
anyway post comments or questions about it here

all I want to know is if it is better to join the assasins or theives guild

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:07 am

Man, I loved that game, but I don't remember the assassins' guild. The thieves' guild was great once you took it over.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:11 am

the assasins guild is the one that has the vampires
if you join the theives guild after paying gaelyin bales fee then the vampires always attack you but I'm not shure what goes down if you join the assasins guild in the graveyard district.

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:07 pm

Never played it,... isn't that like 3 years old?

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:31 pm

Never played it either, mostly because I have been in MMO land for a long time.

Although I'm proud to say that I am now MMO free for the last 5 months.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:14 pm

yes, it is very old and has bad graphics but still no game made scince then can even come close.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:19 pm

I keep hearing that if you like Baldur's Gate 2, then Planescape: Torment is the absolute best game of that type. I've never played it though, so I can't speak first-hand. Has anyone played it?

Also, if you are playing BG2, you have to get some of the community-built mods. They make the game awesome, especially the ones that add the character options and quests that the original designers started but didn't have time to finish.

doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Post by doodstormer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:04 pm

Rayhawk wrote:I keep hearing that if you like Baldur's Gate 2, then Planescape: Torment is the absolute best game of that type. I've never played it though, so I can't speak first-hand. Has anyone played it?

Also, if you are playing BG2, you have to get some of the community-built mods. They make the game awesome, especially the ones that add the character options and quests that the original designers started but didn't have time to finish.
Just visit Saber-Scorpion's Lair. He has played through Baldur's Gate in every possible way, and even made a guide and custom minifigs. He's a very cool guy.
EDIT: To Private Ricky and PBJ: If you want to join hid forums, it requires an IG over 50. Sorry guys, you're just outta luck.
Last edited by doodstormer on Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:47 pm

yes, it is very old and has bad graphics but still no game made scince then can even come close.

Have you ever head of "Thief" havent played that either but a buddy did he keps ranting about to this day

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:01 am

Pvt Expendable wrote:Have you ever head of "Thief" havent played that either but a buddy did he keps ranting about to this day
Thief was just a lesser medieval version of System Shock. Deus Ex (1, not 2) was a better game.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:19 pm

Rayhawk wrote:Deus Ex (1, not 2) was a better game.
oh lawd, now i can join the fanboy discussion. you wanna know why i wear sunglasses at night? my vision is effing augmented.

actually, this refuses to run on my computer. i am sad. well, it DOES run. but then it crashes after about 5 minutes of play. solution? don't play Deus Ex.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:11 am

I have never seen or known of this game, that's strange because I'm really in to gaming. What is this "baldurs gate 2", what kind of genre is it? what's it about? and for me the best game I ever played is Shadow of the Colossus.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:21 am

Despite the lack of a story, and there was little to no dialogue, Shadow of the Colossus was a freakin' amazing game.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:25 am

Bonn-o-Tron wrote:Despite the lack of a story, and there was little to no dialogue, Shadow of the Colossus was a freakin' amazing game.
Yeah the maker of the game let the story open so that you could apply your imagination on it. the makers new game is almost done and is coming for the PS3. sorry that this was kinda off topic
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:34 pm

<I>Rule 7:</I> <B>If a thread goes off topic, it's not the fault of the poster, it's the fault of the topic for not being interesting enough.</B>
Current and former members of the Dimmy faction will always come along and disrupt your civilized and carefully-typed conversations; that's their role. If your topic has any life left in it, the thread will get back around to it eventually. If you really love something, sometimes you have to let it go. Or let a bunch Dimmies brutally violate and mutilate it, or something.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.