Grave Tidings (Round 3)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Grave Tidings (Round 3)

Post by Bragallot » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Magus Guild

The guardsmen's axes clashed on the shields of the phalanx once more.

Queen Lara sought through her spellbook to achieve yet another idea she had in mind.

The wagon received a small nudge from an unnatural wind hose, but nothing significant happened to it.

The Magus Guild flung forth their attacks once more. Even the leader in the frontlines took a hit from their attacks.

On the other side a phalanx of the West crashed down while another exploded from a blast that was powerful enough to kill him a dozen times over.

The mages could be pretty sure this one wouldn't rise again.

Bull West

Disaster for the Magus Guild! One guardsman was cut down by fire from the cart, while the other heroically held his ground, but was finally ran through by the advancing heavy.

Now unhindered, a phalanx advanced and overpowered the remaining red mage.

The path to Queen Lara was now open for the phalanx, but they also stood directly in the line of fire of the mages.

Dwellers

The Dwellers kept up their aimed volleys, the archers attempting to decimate the ranks of the tribes as best they could.

The driver caught one arrow on his shield, but the second shot killed him off.

A Dweller took aim at the axeman on the slope opposite from him.

He cut him down with two shots, and next, all of a sudden, a heroic ranger appeared and scored a hit on the leader.

As the tribe leader was still recovering from the blow, the ranger prepared to finish him off.

With a sudden feat of strength, the East Leader veered upright despite his injury and deflected the lead ranger's withered sword away from him.

More rangers opened fire on the Bulls below.

However, the hardened warriors defended themselves well with their shields.

Bull East

Axemen: "Why you...!"

Alarmed, he picked up his axe again and charged...

... cutting the ranger asunder before he could do anything.

Driver: "Alarm! It's the Starcapes!"

Leader: "Back! Let me handle this! Tell them to block off the valley!"

The two heavies obeyed, forming a wall of muscle and steel to block off the valley. They were an impressive sight for sure, but whether it would be enough against the strange and rare contraptions the Starcapes carried remained to be seen.

The two phalanx who had previously dropped their weapons started climbing to the top of the cart as it began to turn.

Having received a hit himself, the Bull leader realized the danger they were in as long as the mages could hide behind the guardsmen. He swung his mace up high and prepared for a powerful attack.

The leader's chain hit the guardsmen across the face, killing them both. The blue mages now prepared to defend themselves with their staffs as the axemen rushed upon them instantly after.

However, they stood little chance in such close quarters, and were easily cut down by the rushing axemen.

The cart had meanwhile rolled into position to block off the valley further from the Starcapes. The phalanx who had dropped their weapons had now armed themselves with the fallen crossbowmen's weapons and used their corpses for extra protection. However, they didn't have the time left to fire.

The driver, who had shut himself off from an escape route, bravely prepared to stand his ground.

Imperials

The Starcapes opened fire, obliterating the axeman on the nearest slope and shooting the driver off of his cart.

Hectic turn, I lost count of the casualties. lrdofbrick's phalanx that missed his attack on Warhead's ranger must've been one of the few failed attacks this turn. I took the pic but somehow lost it though. :s
Last edited by Bragallot on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Orders in, things are heating up.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:22 am

True, there's few guys left. I had a reinforcement phase planned, do you guys vote for or against?
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:26 am

Um, no. I think whoever wins this, those forces get only a few new guys in the next part of a campaign?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:51 am

Depends really, there's all kinds of different benefits for the next battle that includes these factions in this context (I'll continue this, but the next thing may be something completely different to then return to this) if you complete enough objectives but the larger factions will mostly have enough guys on their side regardless of what they had left and the effects of the bonus objectives will never be enormous so there's a bit of fairness in each battle. New units will generally not be the same guys as those who got killed in this fight, at least not directly after, because it'd be a little lame if the same figs kept fighting each other over and over again. And, tbh, I have a lot of guys left to introduce :)
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:53 am

Question: White piece of paper in middle of field: Can you fire through the middle of the field, from one L to the other L?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:01 am

Yeah I should probably have removed that paper before taking the pic. You can't fire or pass through the white part or the 'scenery' on the other side of the valley, but everything else should be possible for Starcapes as long as they're in range and not obstructed.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:03 am

Good. BTW, is the white paper stats?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:10 am

Yes.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:12 am

my first guess was that the white paper was were he just set down his orders for the turn.
i like the way it was going, and i don't know about reinforcments. the good guys already got 2 factions worth of reinforcements.
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:26 am

Well I have a paper for that too, but I used the back of the stat page first so you're more or less right.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?