Gamma Corps stat cards

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Gamma Corps stat cards

Post by Elmagnifico » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:10 am

I've decided to jump onto the stat-card bandwagon, and just finished one of Codename: Saber, see below.

More to come later.
Last edited by Elmagnifico on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:41 am

+3 armor for EACH INCH?! What the hell is wrong with you?

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:00 am

Well, for one thing, it means he has to be melee'd to die, basically. However, I didn't want to just say he was immune to ranged weapons, so I made his armor increase the further the bullet has to travel*. This simulates real modern combat armor in that it can take a bullet from a good distance, but if you put said gun right up against the plate, you'll have bits of target flying everywhere. And it's +3 to the two dice rolls, not +3 dice.

*I'm also willing to define explosives as "the attacking unit".
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:44 pm

Uh, reactive armor generally only works once...

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:27 pm

And that is why this is TEC reactive armor.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Your argument is flawed. Reactive armor works by exploding when it gets hit. Is this guy carrying around enough explosives to last a whole battle, he should be going up like a firecracker every time he gets hit...which will be once. Furthermore, the ingame ability of this reactive armor is so OP that its CP cost should be increase twentyfold, at least.
Simply putting three letters in front of a word does not make it magic and able to do anything. I know that this is brikwars, but I play 2001.
0/10, do better next time.

manbird
Battlefield General

Post by manbird » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:59 pm

birdman wrote:DERP
Take a chill pill.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:04 pm

Elmagnifico wrote:...I didn't want to just say he was immune to ranged weapons... And it's +3 to the two dice rolls, not +3 dice.
He pretty much IS immune to ranged weapons. By your thingy there, a figure 1 inch away has to beat a 2d6+3 which is pretty much a 3d6. A figure even 6 inches away with a short range weapon has to beat a 2d6+18, or 5d6. That's just ridiculous.

Firstly, I would put down the armor so it was +1 to armor for every 2 inches for the cost of 4 or 5CP. Also I would make it like regular armor, with a -1 to move.

Secondly, this dude doesn't even need this type of armor; he's already got 2d6, which technically by the rules Heroes shouldn't have anyway as 1d10 base armor is the max a 1" creation can have.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:32 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Secondly, this dude doesn't even need this type of armor; he's already got 2d6, which technically by the rules Heroes shouldn't have anyway as 1d10 base armor is the max a 1" creation can have.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:32 pm

I guess I'm just thankful I won't ever fight you.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:57 pm

"Screw money, I have rules! Wait a minute, that didn't come out right..."

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:12 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Secondly, this dude doesn't even need this type of armor; he's already got 2d6, which technically by the rules Heroes shouldn't have anyway as 1d10 base armor is the max a 1" creation can have.

Heroes always have 2d6 armor. This is because they're ~*special*~

If you want a dude who's more or less invincible to ranged attacks, I would either a) do like the ninja card and give him a bonus to defending from ranged attacks, or b) make him straight up invincible to ranged attacks. Having played tons of games where you get +3 for this and -2 for that, I generally find that it's way easier and more fun to only ever use three numbers when modifying abilities: 1, 1d6, or Infinity.

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:44 pm

I'd just shoot him with missiles as then the actual damage is from where the missile explodes not the distance traveled.
DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:26 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Heroes always have 2d6 armor. This is because they're ~*special*~
Rayhawk explained this a while back. Heroes shouldn't have it as per the rules, but they just do anyway because he said so. I was only saying that the guy already had better-than-awesome armor and there was no reason for him to have even more.

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:49 am

birdman wrote:Your argument is flawed. Reactive armor works by exploding when it gets hit. Is this guy carrying around enough explosives to last a whole battle, he should be going up like a firecracker every time he gets hit...which will be once. Furthermore, the ingame ability of this reactive armor is so OP that its CP cost should be increase twentyfold, at least.
Simply putting three letters in front of a word does not make it magic and able to do anything. I know that this is brikwars, but I play 2001.
0/10, do better next time.
TEC just means developed by the Gamma Corps R&D department. I'll grant the ability does seem underpriced, but I'm going to keep it.

TEC reactive armor works more like the Israeli Iron Fist module, defending against smaller projectiles by firing a disruptive particle stream at incoming bullets, lasers, plasma, etc. Unfortunately, large solid objects such as boulders, missiles and grenades get through because the particle stream is too weak to break them.

*edit* I've made some changes in an attempt to balance the card, but who knows if this will placate the insatiable Fun Police?
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!