Gamma Corps stat cards

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 pm

This isn't within the jurisdiction of the Fun Police, we're just saying how broken it is.

The Fun Police's job is to lower everyone's spirits so they don't get too riled up.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:47 pm

^ And explaining everything like that so no one should be confused, but they are anyway and just want to argue.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:36 pm

OneEye589 wrote:This isn't within the jurisdiction of the Fun Police, we're just saying how broken it is.

The Fun Police's job is to lower everyone's spirits so they don't get too riled up.

Makes me think of Hot Fuzz.

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:14 am

Added a Nailers card. Most troops will have some form of the reactive armor.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:40 am

Cpt. Zipps wrote:
OneEye589 wrote:This isn't within the jurisdiction of the Fun Police, we're just saying how broken it is.

OneEye, you need to change your Avatar to one from the Hot Fuzz movie.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:10 pm

Your reactive armour is crap. It should have a maximum bonus value like 3. Even if you're a mile away a tank shell will still kill you even with the best reactive armour we have. Additionally, your guys don't even look cool enough to have armour. Unless they've got some magick powars or portable shield generators (which they don't) they should not be immune. Stuff like this is game-breaking and annoying and will piss off all of your opponents. Besides, true minifigs know that getting blown to bits in a hail of fire is probably the coolest thing they can do.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:01 pm

That gave me an idea for a scenario/unit... One team of lightweight ninjas has to break in to a building guarded by heavies. Here's the catch - although the heavies are strong and have incredible firepower, their power armour is limited by the fact it needs to be plugged into a mains supply.

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:22 pm

Who would ever design power armor that needs an extension cord?

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Actually, around the time Iron Man came out, Metro newspaper had a thing about power armour, the American Army have developed a power suit allowing for weapons to be mounted to it, packs can be carried easily (as if only 1kg) and it even has a jetpack - shame it needs mains electricity to function.

I can't find an image, but this has some of them.

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:37 pm

NatalyaAF wrote:Your reactive armour is crap. It should have a maximum bonus value like 3. Even if you're a mile away a tank shell will still kill you even with the best reactive armour we have.

Additionally, your guys don't even look cool enough to have armour. (1.)
Unless they've got some magick powars or portable shield generators (which they don't) (2.) they should not be immune.
Stuff like this is game-breaking and annoying and will piss off all of your opponents. (3.)
Besides, true minifigs know that getting blown to bits in a hail of fire is probably the coolest thing they can do. (4.)
1. Why are you dissing the Bandit torso?
2. Actually, for the longest time Codename: Saber had one of these strapped to his back.
3. It'd be nice if I had any IRL opponents to piss off. You and the other forum-goers turned my brothers off brikwars for all eternity.
4. Och, goo an' pleh wi' somthen explosiv, yeh nitpickin' wench. Ah dinna care tha' yer the best builder on thes forum, ye'r joost butthurtin' now, tha noo.
Last edited by Elmagnifico on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:19 pm

birdman wrote:Who would ever design power armor that needs an extension cord?
You may not remember but the first remote controls were plugged in to the TV by cable. It was a cheap easy solution that adhered to the description, sort of but was not exactly what was intended. Plug in Power Armour is just the poor mans option.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:28 am

Aka American Government's option.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:53 pm

Warhead wrote:
Cpt. Zipps wrote:

OneEye, you need to change your Avatar to one from the Hot Fuzz movie.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:49 pm

Being the strongest in Brikwars isn't the most fun at all. It's like hacking on a computer game; you may be beating everyone's ass, but only because you're using totally broken stuff. If you make everything balanced, it's a fair fight and there's more fun explosions and stuff. One person wiping the floor with someone else should only happen because of poor dice rolls.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Sometimes that's true but I personally like scenarios where there loads of bad guys against a small core of the greatest. I'm a sucker for the Magnificent Seven et all.