RAA Small arms

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

DarkWolf
Officer

RAA Small arms

Post by DarkWolf » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:44 pm

This is it, the complete list of my army's small arms (the weapons the minifigs use) The pictures are labled incase you really care what they look like.

RAA Weapons

Ranged

VX-5 “Vixen” (standard rifle)
Cost: 5 CP
Range: 10”
2 Handed: X
UR: Semi: 3 Full: 4
Damage: 1d6
Notes: Can fire 1 shot (semi-auto) or 2 shots (fully-auto)

MA-3 “Mother Frakker” (Upgraded assault rifle)
Cost: 6
Range: 12”
UR: Semi: 4 Full: 5
Damage: 1d6+2
Notes: Can fire 1 shot (semi-auto) or 3 shots (fully-auto) Is equipped with an underslung grenade launcher.
B-24 (long-range grenade launcher)
Cost: 4
UR: 5
Damage: 1d10
Notes: Good for blowing stuff up at long range

MA-3.5 “Xeno” (Variation of MA-3 for aliens)
Cost: 6
Notes: Can fire 1 shot (semi-auto) or 3 shots (fully-auto). Is equipped with an underslung bayonet. Can only be used by aliens.
Bayonet (self explanatory)
Cost: 2
Range: CC
UR: 2
Notes: Good for stabbing enemies at close range

BK-8 “Bad Boy” (triple shot battle rifle)
Cost: 8 CP
Notes: Fires three shots, so roll 1d6 for every shot.

ME-23 “Back-Breaker” (Heavy Machinegun)
Cost: 15
Range: 14”
2 Handed:
UR: 6
Damage: 2
Notes: Fires 16 shots, so roll 16 1d6 for the UR. Damage is pre-set. Recoil is so powerful the gunner is pushed back 2” every time it is fired. Unit can use one turn to brace to reduce this to 1”

TX-35 “Texas BBQ” (Flame thrower)
Cost: 9 CP
Range: 8”
UR: 4
Damage: 2d6 Fire
Notes: Can be used for full-automatic fire in a 45 degree arc. Fire remains where it landed for 1d6 turns afterwards.

IM-55 “Armor Cracker” (anti-vehicle laser cannon/rifle)
Cost: 9
Range: 14”
UR: Anti-vehicle: 5 Rifle: 3
Damage: Anti-vehicle: 1d10+2 Explosive
Notes: Can only be used against vehicles

XM-34 “Crystal Nose” (carbine)
Cost: 5
Damage: 1d6+1
Notes: Can fire 3 shots full-auto

XK-667 “Long Reach” (sniper rifle)
Cost: 8
Range: 25”
UR: 1d2 (coin)
Damage: instant kill if hit

I-65 “Kick Back” (Pistol)
Cost: 3
Range: 6”
2 Handed: O
UR: Semi: 3
Notes: can be duel weld at a UR of 4 each.

I-70 “Hole Puncher” (upgraded pistol)
Notes: Can fire two shots in quick succession.

MI-7 “Bolta” (wrist mounted gun)
Cost: 8
Notes: Wrist mounted, allowing another 2 Handed weapon or two 1 handed weapons to be held and used at the same time with no penalty. Can fire 2 shots full-auto.

Close Combat

HK-9 “Chainsword” (a sword with a chainsaw for a blade)
UR: 4
Damage: 1d10
Notes: Only useable by Colonel Jackson “DarkWolf“ Cameron. If another unit picks it up, when making an attack he must also roll another 1d6. On a 1, the unit cuts himself in half at the waist. On a 6, the unit cuts his own head off. Everything else the unit stays in one piece.

“Nemesis” (heavy spear)
Damage: 2d6 +2 to final total on rolls

“Scorpion” Bracer (A wrist mounted bracer that looks like a scorpion)
UR: 2
Notes: Can be used to wrench blades out of an opponents hands. Based on a real weapon (seriously, my parents own a business selling blades, and these things go for like $45)

"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:55 pm

Wow, very nice, and well thought out to.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:09 pm

I think some of those are going to end up in CBA. *hint* *hint*
If your gonna walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

The Lizard King
Hero

Post by The Lizard King » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:52 pm

Great Stuff!

I like the chainsword. Its so simple but awesome. I don't know why I never though of using it.
"I Am The Lizard King, I can do Anything"

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:13 pm

Excellent... Great job! :D Look forward to seeing these in some battle reports!

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:30 am

Wow, that must have been a big project. Not bad, not bad at all. I really like most of the guns.

First thing to jump in my eyes was the XK-667 sniper rifle. With only 8 CP you get range of 25 inches, and basically 50% chance of kill. It's way too cheap, if you ask me. Minimum cost should be about 15 CP, so it wouldn't be so easy to get. With that small price, someone would arm his/her whole army with these, and nothing could stop him (except tank, which has absolutely no holes to shoot trough).

And the difference of I-65 and I-70. 2 CP, and what you get:
1. 2" more to Range
2. +2 to Damage
3. chance of automatic fire of two shots.
Make the cost 6 or 7 CP and I will be happy.

Then the CC weapons. Where would I begin..
HK-9 goes, it's cool.

Nemesis, on the other hand, is WAY too cheap. 4 CP and 2d6+2 Damage? What on Earth? Make it 5 CP and take the Movement penalty, and I like it. But now it's too good. Cost doesn't equal with the weapon.

Scorpion. It's a good idea, but how does the blade-wrenching really work?

Hopefully I didn't sound too rude. If I did, my apologies, I tried to avoid sounding aggressive.
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:31 pm

First thing to jump in my eyes was the XK-667 sniper rifle. With only 8 CP you get range of 25 inches, and basically 50% chance of kill. It's way too cheap, if you ask me. Minimum cost should be about 15 CP, so it wouldn't be so easy to get. With that small price, someone would arm his/her whole army with these, and nothing could stop him (except tank, which has absolutely no holes to shoot trough).
The XK-667's pictured are the only one's I've got, and I don't plan on making any more. If someone wants to go wild with it, the Hammer of Discipline awaits their face.
And the difference of I-65 and I-70. 2 CP, and what you get:
1. 2" more to Range
2. +2 to Damage
3. chance of automatic fire of two shots.
Make the cost 6 or 7 CP and I will be happy.
I've only got one of the I-70's, and the guy who uses it already costs nearly 50 CP, so I really don't care about the pricing of that one.
Nemesis, on the other hand, is WAY too cheap. 4 CP and 2d6+2 Damage? What on Earth? Make it 5 CP and take the Movement penalty, and I like it. But now it's too good. Cost doesn't equal with the weapon.
Once again, I've only got one, and the guy who uses it is a frakking Grey Knight, so even if I did nerf the Nemesis, the fact that the guy who uses it is a Hero unit unbalances it again. The point of this game is for the battles to be insane. Orks and Chaos would be good 40K races for Brikwars.
Like I said, this is based off a real weapon, and I've tested the blade-wrenching. I used a pair with dull blades an my uncle used a Katana, also with a dulled blade, and I basically caught it with the tail of the Scorpion, and twisted it out of his hand.

And for future reference, I really don't plan on using CP in any of my battles, because A) I don't have an opponate, so it's all solo battles, and B) the only person I know of who could possibly play against me arms his men with plasma uzi's and heavy body armor. This game was not designed with balance in mind.
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:42 pm

Oh, I understand now. I just have this annoying habit to spot all thing that I think aren't perfect. But if the goal is to have insane battles, it's understandable. Have you played with all these weapons yet?
DarkWolf wrote:
Like I said, this is based off a real weapon, and I've tested the blade-wrenching. I used a pair with dull blades an my uncle used a Katana, also with a dulled blade, and I basically caught it with the tail of the Scorpion, and twisted it out of his hand.
Sorry, I should have made the question clearer. I know how the real version works, but I meant how it works in BrikWars. What is the UR and is the enemy able to fight back? I'll try to be clearer next time, sorry about that again.
~Terapia
<><

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:52 pm

Houndis wrote:Oh, I understand now. I just have this annoying habit to spot all thing that I think aren't perfect. But if the goal is to have insane battles, it's understandable. Have you played with all these weapons yet?
DarkWolf wrote:
Sorry, I should have made the question clearer. I know how the real version works, but I meant how it works in BrikWars. What is the UR and is the enemy able to fight back? I'll try to be clearer next time, sorry about that again.
Oh, yes, that part. Well, I figure it should just be the unit armed with the Scorpion rolling it's skill against the unit with the blade. Higher roll wins, if Scorpion boy wins it, the blade is wrenched out of his opponates hands. If the blade guy wins it, then the one armed with the Scorpion get's it's arm lopped off.
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:41 pm

actually, your snipers can be very easily fixed.

if you only have the specific sniper class able to use them at 1d2 skill, then it;s fixed. make the UR about 5 for any non-sniper to use it.

also your armor-cracker should be able to be fired at infantry. everybody likes overkill. perhaps a skill bonus to make it easier to hit armor would make it worth it as an anti-armor gun?

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:50 pm

DarkWolf wrote:Oh, yes, that part. Well, I figure it should just be the unit armed with the Scorpion rolling it's skill against the unit with the blade. Higher roll wins, if Scorpion boy wins it, the blade is wrenched out of his opponates hands. If the blade guy wins it, then the one armed with the Scorpion get's it's arm lopped off.
That's sounds cool. I mean same cool as Minifig leaping as an Enemy Response for about 30", from a collapsing tower to the wing of crashed airplane. That was cool. And it has really happened :)

And that would really work, I can imagine it now: two Ninjas fighting, other has the Scorpion; he tries to get the enemy's katana, and finds himself with a bleeding stump. What about the enemy's weapon? Should it be the same with a knife and two-handed halberd?
~Terapia
<><