Scythe's First Brikwar

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Scythe's First Brikwar

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:34 pm

Yep, we all had to be there at one point in our lives . . . and today was mine, after raving at my friend Hywel for a non-stop month or so, I finally convinced him to play a game . . . my side is the mark 1 Scythian scout squad (as in, mark 1 because I'm going to be more than improving it) -vs- Hywels uber-wooners.

The battle was over, of all things, two broomsticks and a camera full of rather dodgy pictures - so let the violence commence! =D

The Scythian Scout force, my hero is armoured and is armed with a flamethrower, my lieutenant, a single shot rocket launcher - the other four are all armed with Scythian carbine lasers.

Hywels uber-wooners, armed with a multi-gore-o-tron (the thing with 4 chainsaws) a sniper rifle, a markerlight system, his hero with a lightsaber and sub-machine gun, two machine gunners, and his heavy weapons man - carrying a pirate cannon into battle.

The battlefield, scarred from many past confrontations - including the two mighty bromsticks (of power and wonder) - and on top of the middle tower, the camera of pictures of questionable nature . . .

----

The Scythian forces advance . . .

Hywels hero vaults forward, and uses his heroic feat to try and get himself to the middle of the table . . . only to fail and fall on his face!

As the next turn rolls along, Hywels hero manages to get to the centre building . . . and then my own hero attempts to use his heroic feat to charge in and shove his flamethrower into Hywels face . . .

Only to fail! and over heroically run straight past hywels hero and into the face of his advancing troops! :lol:

----

The state of play as my lieutenant draws a line on Hywels hero . . .

. . . and the only way from here, is down . . . :lol:

. . . the rocket gets lodged in Hywels heros mid-section, before violently exploding - and killing him before he could do anything about it! :shock:

. . . And trapped amongst enemy forces, my hero takes the manly way!

The poor minifig is reduced to nothing more than a pair of flaming boots! :lol:

----

The violence escalates, and stuff goes boom big!

My lieutenant, moments after killing Hywels hero - gets his head blown clean off by one of his machine gunners!

And His cannoneer, blows one of my minifigs clean in two!

But my forces advance, and the camera is claimed by my hero! and one of the brooms is claimed also! all that remains is to get them back to Scythian HQ (where presumably we need floors sweeping and pr0n, in no particular order! :lol: )

----

Now all the scythian forces needed to do, was run - with a broom and camera in hands, victory was in sight!

One of my men stays behind to cover the retreat of the minifig with the broom, to find himself split apart by the concentrated fire of three enemy minifigs!

Only for the escaping minifig to be taken down himself moments later by Hywels sniper!

However! In that time, my hero had made it to the edge of the table, deposited the camera and returned to the field! With the odds of 4 against one (and an ego the size of a planet) all he had to do was kill everything, and victory would be mine!

Unfortunately, it was not to be, my hero failed his attack rolls, and his heroic feat rolls - and was then gunned down by Hywels remaining forces . . . the gods of dice where not on my side.

Victory goes to Hywel - as he wiped out my entire force, and so had the chance to leisurely wander around the battlefield, pick up both brooms . . . and go home, to sweep or something . . .

I however, proclaim a victory on moral grounds, as I saved the pron and kept it away from his smutty little eyes . . . he disputes this, and as such - a rematch may have to be in order . . . :roll:
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:56 pm

Nice game, quick, to the point and lots of carnage. So is Hywel going to join in and start playing regularly or was it a case of Phff, no big deal/take it or leave it for Brikwars?

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:50 am

Warhead wrote:Nice game, quick, to the point and lots of carnage. So is Hywel going to join in and start playing regularly or was it a case of Phff, no big deal/take it or leave it for Brikwars?
Heh, while I have a HUGE box of lego at my disposal, my main issue at the moment is getting more minifigs, considering i can only field about 7 or 8 of each basic "color" Blue, red, black, white - a hoarde of rebel alliance goons from the recent hover transport sets, and four jedi) and every other minifig is an assortment of spares from every other set I've ever been brought (a few exo force bods, some pirates, some english imperial style troops, and a few octan guys) - I have more than enough parts for vehicles, but back when I lived at home, my mother never really liked buying me big sets - the ones i always wanted where the medieval/ninja castles - or the giant aquanaughts underwater base (which would allow me to add more ossum scenery, with base plates and stuff).

Now I'm at university, I also have a house, and kids, and stuff - so trying to buy bulk minifigs goes outta the window, so does spending £50-70 pounds on a huge lego set - perhaps if i can dig out the pieces, a few small vehicles may turn up (mecha, light jeeps or tanks) but I just can't field too much.

As for Hywel, I think I convinced him - the game was quick and idiotic enough, hopefully I'll be able to pull him away from his 40k obsession and another game may be on the horizon soon. :) :) :D
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

kiemaster
Cannon Fodder

Post by kiemaster » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:24 am

nice carnage i like the chainsaw weapon.

Coximind
Minifig

Post by Coximind » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:06 am

I can solve your sorting problems. I typically put my figs on two-by-four plates for battles. Not only does this let them stand up a lot easier, but they can then be color-coded according to allegiance.

Also, your pics could've been better. I suggest getting a lamp and shining it on the scene when you're taking pictures.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
Bullshit.

Lego_scout
Champion
Champion

Post by Lego_scout » Thu May 06, 2010 11:19 pm

Hmm pictures= low quality, forces=evenly matched, explosions= where are they? And over all entertaintment=6/10

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat May 08, 2010 2:31 am

stubby wrote:
Silverdream wrote:A necro is not fine too.
Are you just trying to bait me now? The whole reason we have a :necro: emoticon in the first place is because your necro whining is so fucking irritating.
:shock: * :idea: "PING!" :idea: *

I think Silvadream has just gained a new skill in ZZD, Necromancy...ish.

Necro Whining: His constant whining, whinging reedy voice is so irritating that even the dead can't stand it and rise again. In the end phase, any dead within 2D6" will wake on the roll of a 4+ on a D6, they will automatically act next turn as a separate Zombie NPC race. They must move towards Silvadream and will attack anything living in their way with but one purpose, killing Silvadream. Once he is dead they can rest, unless a real Necromancer is within 12" of them. Then they come under his control.