QuikWars: Attacking Units on a Steed

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

QuikWars: Attacking Units on a Steed

Postby tsilver33 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Hey guys. New to BrikWars and right now I don't really have the patience to look through the full rules book. I like to keep my war games simple, and to watch minifigs lose their limbs for the dumbest of reasons. Maybe I'll take a look at the full rules in a week or two, but for now I have a query.

I was playing a quick round of Quikwars last night and an issue came up that I had to make a fudged solution to. When riding a horse and are attacked, do you use your own armor rating or that of the steed? I took a quick look at the full rules for horses but couldn't find an answer there. Anyone know an easy way to determine which armor roll to use? I was thinking somewhere along the lines of: If a unit attacks the steed/unit from the front, he is attacking the steed and that unit/steed must use the steeds armor dice. If the attack hits the steed dies and the unit falls off the steed. If a unit attacks the steed/unit from the side, it may choose to attack either the steed or the minifig.

Any thoughts on the subject?
TROLOLO
tsilver33
Demi-God of BrikWars

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:48 pm

You get to choose what you attack. If you want to attack the minifig, you use the minifig's armor and if you want to attack the steed, you use the steeds armor. Easy as that.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:53 pm

I couldn't be bothered reading your post. Maybe in a week or two. Joke, kidding. Sounds like you know more about the rules than I care to, that wouldn't be hard trust me. Why not just choose the one that works for you and call it fudge? Brikwars isn't about the rules it's about the carnage and having fun.

I'm sure someone with the rule book crammed in their ear will set you right and bore us all in the process but until they show up just do what you like.

EDIT: Damn you OneEye!

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
Warhead
Build me an Army worthy of Mordor

Postby tsilver33 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:05 pm

Thank you for your quick replies. I suppose I wanted to over complicate things last night for one reason or another.
TROLOLO
tsilver33
Demi-God of BrikWars

Postby dilanski » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Just to add to OneEye, you still need the line of sight, so your directinal fudge is still right in some aspects.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby muffinman42 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:49 pm

FUDGE EVERTHING ;).
Thats the rules for ULTRA quik wars, for when you can't be asked to even read a rule book to learn the rules.

I would use the armor rateing of what is being attacked.
If the steed has some form of cock-pit or something that obsures aim then a skill penutie can be put in place, if it fully covers the minifigure the cockpit has to be destroyed before targeting the minifig. you can still choose to attackt he vehicle even if you can attack the minifig.
Last edited by muffinman42 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby birdman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:31 pm

muffinman42 wrote:FUDGE EVERTHING ;).
Thats the rules for ULTRA quik wars, for when you can't be fucked to even read a rule book to learn the rules.

I hope you meant can't be asked.

EDIT: Rayhawk. yo ho ho 'asked' into 'fucked'. Right now.

YOU...YOU...DOUBLE EDIT: I lol'd.
birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Return to The Rulebook