New Club Setting Up in Massachusetts

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

Professor Ken
Officer

New Club Setting Up in Massachusetts

Post by Professor Ken » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:20 pm

To the Brikwarriors of Massachusetts (and the people in Rhode Island and Connecticut who don't mind traveling a few miles), I bring good news. I am currently getting involved in the installation of a Lego Robotics, Computer and Gaming Club in the Boys and Girls Club of Blackstone Valley. One of the games we intend to set up and organize play for is, of course, Brikwars. Anyone and everyone is invited to come; however, there is one minor roadblock. We are having some trouble with finding new members, and unless we can attract a large enough following, the Club as it stands is going to get the axe.

We are in the process of planning an open house, hopefully sometime next month. I am extremely interested in seeing if any of my fellow Brikwars enthusiasts would want to join. If we can convince even a few new people to join, we'll be able to garner resources for more video games, robots, and maybe even a club stash of Brikwars supplies (since I currently supply everything for our games). If you would be interested in joining such a club, by all means reply!
Were it that simple...

Mohawk
Champion
Champion

Post by Mohawk » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:00 am

Second'd!!

More information can be provided at your request. Just contact one of us, and we should get back to you, 'mkay?
They don't call me 'Darth' Mohawk just 'cause I tell 'em to!

Brickboy
Demi-God of BrikWars

Re: New Club Setting Up in Massachusetts

Post by Brickboy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:46 pm

I'm totally up for it matter fact I just made me some stat cards.
I like legos, paintball, motorcross, brickarms, nerf, airsoft and football.

Professor Ken
Officer

Post by Professor Ken » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:37 am

Glad to hear, Brickboy. However, there's been a few little delays on my part concerning the club. As of yet no one can get in contact with Bruce, the director, and until we do, the Club's a bit up in the air. Hopefully we'll be able to settle something within the next couple of weeks. I'll contact you when I receive an update.
Were it that simple...

Professor Ken
Officer

Post by Professor Ken » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:39 am

Good news; the Club HAS managed to get back on track with the operator of the BVBGC. We're going to be having a meeting in about a month to re-establish our club, hopefully on a more permanent basis. I will post as we settle matters further.
Were it that simple...

gaunt
Officer

Post by gaunt » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:31 pm

I know I'm totally late, but... I'd love to join if I can! I live like 25 minutes from the blackstone area.

Professor Ken
Officer

Post by Professor Ken » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:42 pm

Well, open house is Saturday, May 2nd, from 10 to 2. List of activities is still pending but I intend to run a gaming table through its duration. I'm planning to have two Brikwars-related events, one being a series of demos where I teach people how to play the game, the other being a full-size skirmish.
Were it that simple...

playwell
Champion
Champion

Post by playwell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:26 pm

i don't know if your still doing this club but i want to get into brik wars but havent played i live twenty minutes from boston if your doing this i would love to join

Professor Ken
Officer

Post by Professor Ken » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Yeah... I would love to invite you, but unfortunately, the Club's been out of commission for quite a few months now. I have been trying to set up a new club, but so far we've only met once to discuss our plans, and as of this moment nothing is really going on concerning the Club's continuity. (Thank you for reminding me; I will attempt to get back in touch with the administration again!)

If we were to meet anywhere, it would probably end up being at my house. I'm about an hour southwest of Boston, right over the RI border.
Were it that simple...

playwell
Champion
Champion

Post by playwell » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:48 pm

All right im all ways in but i was hoping the meetings would be in a more public place like a boys and girls club or somthing like that considering its the internet and the FBI probly wont drop me off at some ones house.

(Im 13 but i am quite mature i don't really know what aged people you wanted in the club so just saying.)

Professor Ken
Officer

Post by Professor Ken » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:37 pm

We've been trying to set up at a college or something, but so far not so good.

I can refer you to our club's leader, Tony, if you'd like. He can probably fill you in on this a bit better than I am, since he's the head member. (I'm just an NCA, personally.)

His email is [email protected]. (He already knows that you are about to send him a letter because he is VERY strong in the Force!)
Were it that simple...

playwell
Champion
Champion

Post by playwell » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:12 pm

all right i shot him an e mail so any way how manny people are in the club?

Professor Ken
Officer

Post by Professor Ken » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:16 pm

People in the Club? Well, we have three confirmed members (myself, Tony, and my brother Tom) and one partial member, Ian, who's in and out of the club. So if you were to join, there would be four, five if we could convince Ian to show up.
Were it that simple...

playwell
Champion
Champion

Post by playwell » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:44 pm

Ok thats sounds good if you don't mind me asking genral ages? im 13 and my name is ian.

Professor Ken
Officer

Post by Professor Ken » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:49 am

Sure thing, Ian the Younger. We're mostly "young adults" in the group; I'm 17, Tom's 19, and I'm pretty sure that Ian the Elder is like 17-18 himself. Tony is... well, I think he's in his early forties. (He has a degree in teaching Robotics, which is why we let him be the club leader, since he's legally qualified for the position!)

Normally I don't like younger people, but a Brikwarrior such as yourself is cool enough to make an exception!
Were it that simple...