The Forgotten Battle of the Unimportant Tower

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

The Forgotten Battle of the Unimportant Tower

Post by Cakeman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:32 pm

So I recently joined the forums, and to be honest it's because I found the large ship battles roused my imagination. Battlereports are great, and so I share this with the community. My younger brother and I tried out the rules, or what we could make of them anyway. Without further ado I'll introduce the warring sides and present the battle:

My brothers forces on the other side of the table, clearly controlling the tower containing a magic jewel and scroll. I don't know what it does, but I want it.

First half of the good army. There were a lot of shouts of "Spaaarta!" and my brother wanted to make a bottomless hole in my table, but I didn't allow him to.

..and this is the other half. The minifig on the far left is the hero. Unnamed and unmourned, as it were.

Since I play the shambling undead hordes, my skeletons are mindless and follows the officer leading them. This made them completely useless but slightly cheaper, so I could afford a horse for my hero. A warrior without a horse is no warrior...

Turn 1 and 2: I charge forth, splitting my forces in the hopes of drawing attention away from the tower and the off chance I might slip by with my mounted hero and grab the scroll. All this thinking is ofcourse completely wasted as the warring sides are so close to eachother. My brother just runs forward highland-style (Freeeedom! Spaaarta!) with his hero bravely in the front row!

Turn 3: I introduce something called "charge"! Bah, it's too good of an opportunity to miss anyway. His hero unfortunately had a longer weapon then mine and struck first. Luckily he missed. Unluckily, so did my hero.

However my horse has an attack! What I say goes, and my valiant steed kicks the crap out of the enemy champion. Hooray! I then do some unimportant manuvering with the rest of my forces.

Turn 4: My brother tries to retaliate, but all blows glance harmelessly of my heros mighty armor.

My hero decides to stand and fight! A cowardly sandpeople/spartan is standing in the back row, within comfortable reach of my scythe. Off with his head! Blood sprays everywhere (ok so not much blood, I need to prepare more next time).

My hero is then hacked to pieces by the soldiers that discover they can combine their effort to overcome his armor. The horse runs away, scared. My skeletons reach the battle and has no impact whatsoever. 1d6-2 just sucks, but they look cool dead and spread over the table.

This guy valiantly dispatches my skeletons before my officer arrives, confident that greater skill and armor will give him victory. Not this time though, the die-gods are not with him after flaunting such obvious hybris.

Battle pic.

On the other flank my stylish but just as ineffective black skeleton and my remaining officer battles. The officer kills the spartan he's facing but...

There's just too many of them! Hopelessly outnumbered (but not outclassed, he's an officer and they're ordinary minifigs) he holds his own a round until...

Chewie finishes it all with a flying attack!

The winners! And some of the other participants. There were 9 troops on both team starting, these six wussies survived and I'm ashamed I couldn't bring down more. I blame my dice.

Lessons learned: Mindless skeletons suck. I still like the shambling hordes though, so more, more! I'll bury them by shear numbers. Also, more interactive terrain, more explosions, and bring more blood and special effects to sprinkle across the battlefield. I can count on my brother for more battles though, we had fun.

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:46 pm

great job. this is what all battles should be like. and why no bottomless pit?
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

dragonslayer15
Champion
Champion

Post by dragonslayer15 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:19 pm

I agree. This was a small yet good battle. I like the spartan armor also that's looks cool. 8)
life completion equation is.. Legos+Girls+food+ video games=Life.. yep all you need

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:31 pm

ya thats brickforge isn't it?
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

MrBlobJr
Hero

Post by MrBlobJr » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:53 pm

Nice! A small, epic battle. I love it!

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:25 am

lrdofbricks wrote:ya thats brickforge isn't it?
It is, well spotted. And no bottomless pit of doom because I'd like to still be able to eat from my table. A representation in the form of a hole-formed legoconstruction or something would have been enough. Next time...

kiemaster
Cannon Fodder

Post by kiemaster » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:18 am

i like it i like the idea of a hoard of shambling undead

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:01 am

That was a nice battle report, I wish you better luck next time. Too bad you didn't interact with the tower much though...
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:19 pm

Tusken Hoplites make nice units. When your hero died, I was pretty sure the rest would go down quick though, and they did. Those skeletons would probably have served best as meat shields (for as much as that applies with skeletons) while he chopped up enemies from behind him with his long reach. Anyway was pretty good, but could've needed some more figs to give the battle moar 'depth'.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

BFenix
Pooplord

Small...but Cool

Post by BFenix » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:51 pm

a battle with more minifigs (if you have more) would be awesome and some MOCs too, yet, seemed to b awesome

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:19 pm

Weak units work best as a walking wall. Hell the crawling stones of the Pantus army are a moveing wall!

A massive swarm can also work as you can spread out and surround the enermy.
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

Coximind
Minifig

Post by Coximind » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:32 am

Yeah, moar pepulz. You can buy (simple) skeletons off of Pick-A-Brick for a buck each, WITH weapons.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
Bullshit.

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Nice!

Post by trebnos1 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:59 pm

I like it! Skeletons may have poor skill, btw, but have you tried using them as suicide bombers? They can be deadly with a bit of dynamite strapped to their heads... just be sure to space them far apart, lol.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Oh that could be frikkin cool. "I shoot the skeleton." "rolled a 2... You miss." "Darn, ok. It hits the TnT." "That's a six." "cool!"

*Boom*

"oh wait. It sets off the entire chain. I just took out the entire front line."