Teleport Assassin (WIP)

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Teleport Assassin (WIP)

Post by Arkbrik » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:54 am

Teleport Assassin

Cost: 17 CP

Skill: D8

Move: 5" (10" teleport)

Armor: D4

Specialties: Teleport

A Teleport Assassin can teleport up to 10" instead of moving normally. It may also teleport when Sprinting or Bailing. A Critical Fail on a Sprint or Bail sends the Assassin D6" in a random direction. If the Assassin ends up inside another object, both the Assassin and the object takes 2D6 damage.

So, this is a unit for an upcoming army of mine. It is heavily inspired by the Komato assassins from the game Iji. No statcard yet, since the rules are still in progress.

What I need

- Feedback
- A better name for it

kiemaster
Cannon Fodder

Post by kiemaster » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Not bad maybe something like "Jumper"

Sloopofwar
Minifig

Post by Sloopofwar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:26 pm

Give him CC mastery so he can only use swords and the like, and reduce his base skill to 1d6. As for the name maybe Tele-sassin

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Someone wants to read up on Shadow Walkers in Mutant Chronicles.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:41 pm

I made some teleport rules a while back for House Gnomes I think. They used the same system as Use Ratings and missed attacks. It's just easier that way so you don't have to remember another set of rules.
Teleporting rules:
Teleportation is a separate type of movement that you buy (like flying, swimming, or walking/running) and you buy it separately from any of those. The cost is like flying, where it costs 2CP per two inches plus its structure level.

You are able to teleport/travel as many inches as your movement allows. Place a marker at the location you wish to teleport to.

There is a skill roll involved in teleportation. The skill roll starts at a use of 2 for 2 inches (which would be the minimum distance that you could travel while using it) and for every 2 inches after that it goes up another 1 (so going 2 inches is a use of 2, 4 inches is 3, 6 inches is 4, etc.).

If you miss the skill roll, the minifig lands somewhere else, a distance of however much the use roll was missed by in inches away from the targeted spot. The opposing team member decides which direction.
See, same rules as firing a ranged weapon. Actually, you could probably just take out the whole skill roll changing for each increment of inches and just leave it at a base skill roll of 5 or something. Maybe even 6. It makes sense and makes it a bit more balanced if you have a higher chance of hitting off target at least by a couple inches if you're moving 10" a turn. I guess this is my new, revamped version of these rules:
Teleporting rules:
Teleportation is a separate type of movement that you buy (like flying, swimming, or walking/running) and you buy it separately from any of those. The cost is like flying, where it costs 2CP per two inches plus its structure level.

You are able to teleport/travel as many inches as your movement allows. Place a marker at the place where you wish to teleport to up to your maximum Teleport distance.

Make a skill roll. The skill roll determines whether you land on target or not. A skill roll for somewhere you have a line of sight to is 4. A skill roll for somewhere you do not have a line of sight to is 6.

If you miss the skill roll, the minifig lands somewhere else, a distance of however much the use roll was missed by in inches away from the targeted spot. The opposing team member decides which direction. A Teleporting creation cannot be Teleported into a solid object (like a wall or other creation) unless it makes a critical failure on its Skill roll.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Hmm. I like the idea- this could also prevent snipers and troopers from taking reaction shots at the mini while he runs for cover. A good name could be 'Telebrik Commando'... or does that sound dorky?
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:06 pm

OneEye589 wrote:I made some teleport rules a while back for House Gnomes I think. They used the same system as Use Ratings and missed attacks. It's just easier that way so you don't have to remember another set of rules.
Teleporting rules:

You are able to teleport/travel as many inches as your movement allows. Place a marker at the location you wish to teleport to.

There is a skill roll involved in teleportation. The skill roll starts at a use of 2 for 2 inches (which would be the minimum distance that you could travel while using it) and for every 2 inches after that it goes up another 1 (so going 2 inches is a use of 2, 4 inches is 3, 6 inches is 4, etc.).

If you miss the skill roll, the minifig lands somewhere else, a distance of however much the use roll was missed by in inches away from the targeted spot. The opposing team member decides which direction.
See, same rules as firing a ranged weapon. Actually, you could probably just take out the whole skill roll changing for each increment of inches and just leave it at a base skill roll of 5 or something. Maybe even 6. It makes sense and makes it a bit more balanced if you have a higher chance of hitting off target at least by a couple inches if you're moving 10" a turn. I guess this is my new, revamped version of these rules:
Teleporting rules:

You are able to teleport/travel as many inches as your movement allows. Place a marker at the place where you wish to teleport to up to your maximum Teleport distance.

Make a skill roll. The skill roll determines whether you land on target or not. A skill roll for somewhere you have a line of sight to is 4. A skill roll for somewhere you do not have a line of sight to is 6.

If you miss the skill roll, the minifig lands somewhere else, a distance of however much the use roll was missed by in inches away from the targeted spot. The opposing team member decides which direction. A Teleporting creation cannot be Teleported into a solid object (like a wall or other creation) unless it makes a critical failure on its Skill roll.
Haha, it's the dapper clown thread, where I got my first ban!

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:33 am

Sloopofwar wrote:Give him CC mastery so he can only use swords and the like, and reduce his base skill to 1d6. As for the name maybe Tele-sassin
CC mastery is a good idea, but I'll keep the skill as D8 since this unit is meant to be an elite.
OneEye589 wrote:Teleporting rules:

Those rules seem good. Thanks!

And for the name, I'm thinking... TeleKommando. Does it sound good?