THE BRITANNIAN LEAGUE STATS (As seen in Zombie (Zulu) Dawn)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Warhead
kaka pants

THE BRITANNIAN LEAGUE STATS (As seen in Zombie (Zulu) Dawn)

Post by Warhead » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:28 pm

BLUE SECTOR: (BlackDog)

WHITE SECTOR: (WhiteNun)

http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7267
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 50&start=0
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 21&start=0

YELLOW SECTOR: (Silvadream)

RED SECTOR: (Silent SigFig) To be confirmed

GOLD SECTOR: (Braggalot) To be confirmed

These guys faced a lot of stuff as I intended right from the start and Lrdofbriks to his credit has played them well. Unfortunately now he has only a Hero and a one armed Maniac I feel it shouldn't harm his game too much if I post this now before the game is finished.

Background wise the Britannian League are a vast lumbering Empire in decline but still full of it's glory and pomp and cerimony. It has a large if dated fleet and well established trade. In fact where the League is situated stradles many of the most licrative trade routes and this has been the cause of the Leagues success to date. Britannia does not refuse any peaceful nation trade and this has caused friction with some of the more zelous star nations who claim they are Peach Lovers and actively aiding Peach Kind to wage war. However this charge has never been upheld as the Britannian League have conducted their affairs openly with all star nations or so it is widely believed.

++++++++++++++ THE BRITANNIAN LEAGUE ++++++++++++++
++++++++++ Image ++++++++++

Skirmishers/Auxilia
Move Skill Armour Notes
5” * 1D6 4 Trooper with Steam Gatling moves 2” only

Name Range Use Damage Notes
Knife - 3 1D6 -
Pistol 6” 3 1D6+1 -
Sniper Laser 20” 3 2D6+1 Trooper Hooky (as in Zulu Dawn)
Steam Gatling 12” 4 3D6 May only move 2”. Any targets within 1d6/2” of original target are also hit on 5+ for 3D6 damage. Blows up on a critical fail: All units in 2D6” take a hit automatically for 3D6 damage.

Line Trooper
Move Skill Armour Notes
5” 1D6 * 4 * Present, Volley Fire! - Fire twice while in formation (1” from another Trooper mini-fig in squad, squad must be 5 mini-figs or more)

Lasrifle 12” 3 1D6+3 -
Electro-Sabre - 3 1D6+3 -

Assault Trooper
Move Skill Armour Notes
10” 1D6 4 Jetpack - +2 to melee damage in first turn of a jetpack assault.

Pistol 6” 3 1D6+1 -

Officers
Move Skill Armour Notes
7” * 1D10 5 * One with Jet Pack move 12”

Pistol 6” 3 1D6+1 -
Laser Sword - 3 2D6 Deflect ranged attacks on a 5+

Captain Alexandria
Move Skill Armour Notes
7” 1D10 2D6 Hero,

Pistol 6” 3 1D6+1 -
Laser Sword - 3 2D6+3 Deflect ranged attacks on a 5+

“Cup of Tea Ma’ Lady?”
Once per game Alexandria may drink a cup of tea, she becomes immune to all or any damage that turn.

Objective: Carry out your last orders. Help the Assyrians and survive. So long as the Assyrians succeed and at least one of your team survive you will have achieved your mission.

NOTE: As the game developed it become a thing that Captain Alexandria was a very good engineer and able to make things. In this case a canon. So that got writen into her rules too.

Added at the last minuet during the game on turn 8

For Queen and Country: Once per game and ONLY in the direst of situations, at least 3/4 of the team must be dead. The Hero may declare this action at the start of the turn. All troops and the Hero gain an extra attack and damage bonus BUT MUST attack and enemy where ever possible. Hero's and Officers gain an extra action. Once they have finished their turn however all units who have made an attack suffer a minus to their armour after having left themselves wide open to counter attack and may not defend in melee due to having spent themselves in their attack.

I had been messing about with rules for VOLLEY FIRE: Units in formation and no more than 1" apart all gain an extra ranged attack but couldn't make it work. It was hard to get formations to work due to the amount of return fire and area effect weapons going about in this game. It would have been suicide. I think it was done once just before the Daemons gunned many of them down.
Last edited by Warhead on Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:54 am, edited 8 times in total.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:36 pm

Silent Sigfig: Do you want to chip in with the Red Beret guys? Maybe not stats but a description would be cool here.
Silent-sigfig wrote: Image
The Britannian Red Berets are here.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:01 pm

Now all you need are some Blackwatch and Calivermen as auxilia. Though the blue uniforms were french I think they look better this way.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:20 pm

NOTE: these guys are using my homebrew stats.

Red Beret (x3)
Move Skill Armor notes
11" 1d6 5 Shock Troops. Gets +1 to hit with CC weapons. Must Have CC weapon.

SMG 5" 3 1d6+1 Can be dual-wielded.
Saber CC 2 1d6+1 range is equal to skill if thrown.

Heavy (x1)
Move Skill Armor notes.
4" 1d6 6 Heavy: Can Use Heavy weapons without Negative Side Effects. +1 to skill when using regular weapons.

Heavy Laser 10" 3 2d6+2 Can punch through armor level 2 or lower. Heavy Weapon Takes Two-handed. If not trained to use it, unit gets +1 to skill and movement when using it.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:38 am

Nicely done.

I was also thinking of changing the name for irregulars to skirmishers. Irregulars sound like they need more bran in their diet.

@Brag: Yup, but I didn't have red at the time. Also, I'm thinking of using the 1814 British Army as inspiration for some unit types as well as the later 1900's. The Zulu Edwardian style reference was long after though so I was thinking of just mixing the two genre, crap or good idea? The reason being is that one of my favourite subjects is the Napoleonic wars with regards to the battles across Spain and Portugal. And Waterloo of course.

I was thinking of using the tall black hats for Grenadiers next, heavy infantry, better armour and weapons/stats. I see the heavies being more canon support crew. Galloper Guns maybe even rockets?!? Anyone know how to funk up the horses to make Cybernetic Scots Grey Cavalry? I'll figure something out.
Last edited by Warhead on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

BFenix
Pooplord

Re: THE BRITANNIAN LEAGUE STATS (As seen in Zombie (Zulu) Da

Post by BFenix » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:20 am

Warhead wrote:Image
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann! im not really into anime stuff but that one is just plain ossum! Returning to topic, these guys make a good example of what a simple army should be. The Steam Gatling is cool to. :)

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:27 am

If Waterloo interests you I'm pretty sure I won't have to convince you about the Black Watch's awesomeness :) I have some ideas for costum units that should turn out pretty cool myself but argh, no money!

I must admit I know next to nothing about this zulu edwardian style, but so far they've worked out well so I guess you're on the right track? :?
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:08 pm

Update...

The Britannian League Navy - Spearhead Class Battlecruisers: The HMS Artemis and her sister ship the HMS Boadicea.

Armaments:

Twin Centreline Main Lance Batteries. (Under the Bow)
Twin Centreline Grand Canon Batteries. (Under the Bow)
Twin Centreline Torpedo Batteries. (Above the Bow)
Twin Turreted Canon Batteries. (Port and Starboard Amidships)
Twin Turret Grand Canon Battery. (Central Amidships)
Ten Turreted Flak Canon Batteries. (Artemis being an older commissioned ship has only 8.)

Six Valkyre 2nd Generation Fighters. (That's what the grey claws with the blue plasma vapour contrail are btw).

Last edited by Warhead on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Based on your production of microscale ships, is it safe to assume that, if your having another forum battle, that it will involve space warfare?
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:58 pm

suuuure... maaaaaybe. :D

EDIT: I can't recall who said it but I think it was when we were all building big ships and mapping out where our team races are in the Brikverse. Someone had said that only races with a means of travelling through space (space ship/s) can be considered as a space faring race... or words to that effect. I'm taking that to heart and so here we are.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:58 am

++++++++++ THE BRITANNIAN LEAGUE NAVY +++++++++

Some of the Crew of the HMS Boadicea: Commodore von Pompous commanding.

Commodore von Pompous and his Number One: Commander Pretoria alongside two bridge Petty Officers and various midshipmen and able seamen ratings.

Black Watch Grenadier Guard.
Move Skill Armour Notes
5” 1D6+2 * 5 * Present, Volley Fire! - Fire twice while in formation (1” from another Trooper mini-fig in squad, squad must be 5 mini-figs or more) Daring Deeds: One Re-roll per battle for when it really matters.

Guas Rifle 15” 3 1D6+3 -

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:43 am

Ooooo, I really like those figures.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:23 pm

I can't help but think now I'll have to re-scale some of my scythian ships to match with Warheads scale . . . long, thin, utalitarian and red/black . . . hrrrrm . . .

Back to my train of thought - those ships are awesome indeed, and the crew is ossum too . . . but those deck hands look more like cabin boys, if you know what I mean! :lol:
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:19 pm

I love these guys! Oh, very steampunkish but in space, and with great ships too. Black Watch Grenadier Guard are my favourites. I don't recognise the torsos, custom decals?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:56 pm

No, not at all. I think they're the Chief's torso from the Ice Planet guys. I got them on Briklink. At first I thought they looked good for Buck Rodgers dorky Earth Defence uniforms but who the hell here remembers that.

Image Image Image

Uh, the uniform in the last pic. Ok, the show was shit but it taught me a vital leason at the age of eight. Licra + sexy woman = good.

+ thanks for all the feedback guys... Cabin Boys? What do you think this is the English Navy?!?
Last edited by Warhead on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.